Radisson Riverfront Hotel

Dabs's Profile Photo

Priceline for Windsor

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 9, 2010

I had a brief look at a couple of booking sites before deciding to try Priceline, most of the hotels were over $100 per night for a Thursday night, so I had a look at Bidding for Travel and found that someone had recently bid and got the Radisson Riverfront for $60. I tried $50, Priceline said it would give me a free rebid at $60 so I took it and got the room for $60US. Add in taxes and fees of $15US plus parking charges of $10 and it was an $85US night.

Unique Quality: The Radisson was in a nice location for our purposes, it was convenient to the Detroit/Windsor Tunnel where we crossed over, it has a nice location along the Detroit River with the riverwalk just across the street from the hotel. There were plenty of dining options nearby plus Caesar's is about a 10 minute walk. The hotel seems like more of a business hotel than a leisure hotel.

The bed was a king size sleep number bed, I suppose if you play around with it enough you'll find your sleep number but I finally just found something I could live with. The room is equipped with high-speed Internet, cable TV, a coffee maker with complimentary coffee/tea, hair dryer, iron/ironing board and a desk. Plenty of hot water in the shower, complimentary toiletries included shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion.

I didn't look for the fitness center but there is one, there is also an indoor pool and whirlpool. Parking is in a garage across the street, $10 per night with in and out privileges. We checked the street parking situation and it looked like there was a couple of hours every night that you couldn't park on the street so we used the garage. The lobby wasn't very nice, just a couple of couches in an area most hotels wouldn't use for public space. Our view was of the parking garage behind the hotel but since the hotel is on the Detroit River, a lot of the rooms have a river view.

Directions: Along the Detroit River

CdnJane's Profile Photo

Bed and Breakfast with a view

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 16, 2004

I've stayed at this Radisson a couple of times, mostly because I got a discount as a travel agent.... but also because I love the location. It is terrific to be able to sit in the breakfast area, in the morning enjoying the view across the Detroit River. I've been there in winter and spring, and both times it was lovely.

Unique Quality: The rooms were nice, the location excellent, there is parking garage behind. The Casino is just down the street in easy walking distance, and on a nice day, the riverside park is lovely to stroll around and people watch.
There is a pool and exercise facilities.

Nearby Radisson Riverfront Hotel

• Pets Allowed
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Windsor Travel Forum

Need advice about Windsor, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Windsor and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Windsor hotel reviews