Travelodge Hotel Windsor Downtown

Travelodge Hotel Downtown Windsor
Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 11% lower than similarly priced 2.5 star hotels

• The worst Hotel I have ever been in!

Although book weeks in advance, (3 adults and 2 kids) for 3 nights, we ended up showing up a day earlier. At this time we were told 3 adults would be a tight fit in the room. The room on 1st impression was...not very clean....or maybe ...aged looking. It was not long after we were there that we discovered old tee shirts by the bed and used condom wrappers in the night stand..not to mention the used Kleenex beside the wrapper. This hotel is very aged, very dirty and needs a condemned sign hung from the front door. The Hotel clerk on the other hand was extremely nice.

• Best Fireworks Overnite in 30 Years!

Oh my! I have no idea how the other reviewers had such a bad time at this hotel when our family had the best time ever! We have stayed at the Renaissance Center in years past, the Atheneum, The Comfort Suites on the U. S. side of the river for the fireworks, and we have never had such a comfortable, easy, enjoyable time as when we stayed last week at the Travelodge in Windsor.

One of the managers, Kim, could not possibly have been more concerned that we have a good time - and we had never met! The check-in was flawless. The pool was clean, and I got to swim for three hours in the afternoon with my grandchildren (priceless).

Our room was very clean, and the furniture was comfortable, the view was beautiful, and we even had a coffee maker and hair dryer on the wall. The TV was perfect, and selections were more than we even needed.

The location was perfect for the fireworks, and the community was so family-friendly. We put a blanket down as soon as we arrived to secure a place for the fireworks viewing, left it all day while we swam, rode carnival rides, watched the street performers, went back to the room to freshen up and have dinner, went directly across the street to the river (and our blanket) which hadn't been disturbed all day.

The fireworks were so beautiful and our grandchildren were shocked with every one of them. (They are 4 and 6 years old, so the entire trip was spectacular in their eyes.)

We had no noise on our hallway, and everyone we met on the elevator was so friendly and polite.

I just don't understand the bad reviews I have read. I am just so glad that I called the Travelodge and that they had a room available. This will be our family's destination for fireworks downtown until I'm no longer here to make the trip! No kidding. We had a great time.

Thanks, Kim, and all the other staff at the Travelodge. What more can you ask from a hotel, except that it be clean, comfortable and that the location be close to your event. Well, you get five stars from Donna, Heather, Jake and Katie. We had a blast. Thank you for being there when we needed you!

See you next year!

Grandma Donna and Family

Unique Quality: People, location.

Directions: Riverfront

• Awful!

Where to start?!

The first time my parents stayed here the room smelled and was still dirty with trash leftover from a previous occupant: there was a filthy baseball cap behind a chair! The room was on the so called "corporate" floor but it was so tiny with the 2 queen sized beds. No room to turn around but since it was a one night stay it was ok. My parents needed to stay in town again and they thought for one more night they'd rebook with TL - What a mistake! Not only did they have to argue to get the same rate/deal as before (as promised!) but the staff was not pleasant in making sure they got the same deal. They wanted my parents to pay for parking after giving it to them free last time. I got attitude and lip from more than one staff member behind the front desk when I requested a parking pass; I wasn't going to pay to park to visit my parents IN A HOTEL! The room was not up to par that time either: My mom found a ripped sheet in her bed and wondered why it was even on her bed. The maid shouldn't have put the sheet on the bed in the first place. How do you miss a 6-7 inch tear??!! There was no attempt made by the inept maid to change the sheets the next day and she only grudgingly changed the ripped one after my Mom requested a change. Additionally, she only made up one of the 2 beds in the room, didn't give new clean washclothes without being asked for some and only vacuumed a small portion of the rug. My mom had to chase her down the hall to get these other things done - things that SHOULD be automatic IMO! The tv reception wasn't good either. Very liney and static-y. Oh, and there was trash on the floor in the hallway and in both elevators AND there was no soap dish by the bathroom sink leaving one to place wet slimey soap on the counter. Ug! One more thing: my parents attempted to get their continental breakfast and went down hours b4 the meal was supposed to be finished and they found barely any food and no milk available. Guess there's no extra staff to ensure a promised breakfast is ready and available.

**DO NOT STAY HERE**

• kris-t's Profile Photo

Travelodge Windsor

The Travelodge Hotel Windsor Downtown is a first class hotel located 30 miles from Detroit Metro Airport. Try your luck at Vegas style gaming at Casino Windsor, a mere 400 yards from the hotel.

Located about a 40 minute drive away is the Point Pelee National Park, famed for its spring and autumn migrations of birds and Monarch butterflies.

Great value and service make the Travelodge Hotel Windsor the destination of choice for any traveler to the area.

Unique Quality: Many of the hotel's rooms boast incredible views of the Detroit River and skyline.

Directions: From Detroit Metro Airport: Take I-94 East towards Detroit

• HoneyJen's Profile Photo

This place was ok

It was ok, the rooms smelled kinda musty, and were not that clean. This hotel is frequented by a younger crowd, so don't count on it being quiet, even at 4am.

Unique Quality: The view is ok, our window was tiny, so it wasn't that great.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Convenient Location with a Fantastic View

The downtown Travelodge is a moderately priced hotel with a million dollar view of the Detroit River and the Motor City skyline, including the impressive international headquarters of General Motors. The hotel was renovated in 2000. There is a lounge on the second floor, and a nice restaurant just off the lobby where we enjoyed breakfast. The hotel also features a small indoor swimming pool and hot tub. It's just 400 yards from Casino Windsor.

Unique Quality: We have stayed at this hotel on two different visits to Windsor, and would definitely stay again. The things we like most are the convenient location and the fabulous view, at a lower price than other hotels in the same vicinity.

Directions: Downtown on the Riverfront, across from the entrance to Dieppe Park.

Comments