L'Equinoxe with Rendez-Vous

Chemin de la Foret, Mont Tremblant, J8E3K8, Canada

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Mont-Tremblant

Just before entering the restaurantJust before entering the restaurant

By the entrance to the Mountain sectorBy the entrance to the Mountain sector

Ifrah with her grand motherIfrah with her grand mother

Wave surfingWave surfing

Skiing Alone

by powdermonkey

We're skiing with our 22 year old son, who doesn't want to be held back by the oldies. He used the ski friends group at Lake Louise and had a great time being guided around the mountains. Does Tremblant have something similar?

RE: Skiing Alone

by powder_hound

My Turn! :-D
It's not that I didn't want to spend time with my parents, it's just that i was a better skier than them!, oh and the one time i did try to go with my dad round the mountsin - he managed to over stretch his calf muscle! - now you can't blame me for that!
I must admit i enjoyed myself alot with the Ski Friends at Lake Louise and made a few friends there.
I have promised my mum that i'll spend at least an hour a day helping her improve her skiing.
Gareth

RE: Skiing Alone

by powdermonkey

OK, I'll add my own reply. Yes, there is a ski-friends equivalent. They meet at 0930 and 1330 daily, in front of the piste maps at the top of the mountain, accessed by the gondola. You have to register at the ski school desk in La Grand Manitou, this is the cafe/shop etc, again at the top of the gondola.

Just had 2 weeks of great skiing. Lots of fresh snow and warm for the time of year. Lowest was about -8 for the whole period.

Travel Tips for Mont-Tremblant

Walking around, hand in hand..

by Deus_ultima

Just walk around..
The village (thought all fabricated for the resort) is really sweet looking and some stores aren't too much of a rip-off.

It can be very romantic to just stroll around with the majesty of Tremblant behind you.

Skiing/snowboarding the South Side

by amsterdam_vallon

With a total of 92 trails covering 502 skiable acres and a vertical of 2,131 feet, Tremblant offers something for skiers of all levels.

Beginners will want to checkout the gentle 3-1/4 mile Nansen; while experts will be thrilled on Dynamite, the steepest run at 42 degrees.

Locals recommend that you ski or snowboard on the North Side in the morning. I assumed that this was because most visitors ski the south side first so the North Side is not as busy in the morning and subsequently the South Side is not as busy in the afternoon. You can rent some equipment from a lot of shop in the village

Ride Gondolas to the mountain top

by Faiza-Ifrah

After we had explored the Mountain Sector, done luging, eaten some snacks and taken tea, and gathered all information about various activities, we boarded the Gondolas to reach the mountain top. We took 3 activity packs costing $ 22.00 each. The activities included Gondola ride both ways, bird show on the mountain top and luge for Ifrah, Rayyan and their father.

The Gondola ride itself is fun. It offers magnificient views of the mountain slopes, various activities going on, the buildings at the base and lake Tremblant in the distant background (see pictures).

The ride is surprisingly long. However, lot of people take one way ticket and hike to the mountain top. My most cherished memory is of a mother with two children hiking towards the mountain top (picture # 3). I really admired the courage of the trio.

Mont Tremblant Resort Gondola

by mim95

A free ride above the Mont Tremblant resort area to bring you from the parking area to the mountain side. It passes above a hotel swimming pool, mini golf course, and give you a birds eye view of the resort area. It is a convenient ride to the other side of the resort, as it is a slightly uphill walk from the parking area.

Tremblant: Expensive and Fake, but Delicious

by miketrudeau

"No Skiing Holiday This!"

My cousin and her husband lent us their timeshare for four days or so, and it was right up on the mountain, with a terrific view down into the village.
There was a free blues festival going on while we were there, and we could clearly hear the music wafting up over the hills to us. It was loud even from our perspective, it must have been positively ear-shattering down in the village!

"Swank Pad"

Ciara and I went to Mont Tremblant for our honeymoon in July. I have visited there before to ski, and was pleasantly surprised to see it in the summer. It's very nice, kept immaculately clean. However, after a while there's nothing to do but shop. I wouldn't call it a genuine travel destination, just because it is an entirely artificial town. Because of this, there are not too many sights to see, only shops and expensive activities.
Keep in mind, however, that we were on our honeymoon. Perhaps a place with not a lot to do is perfect for such an occasion...

"Cool Pic"

This is my favourite of the photos I took there. There's a wasp or fly or some bug on the flower, casting a vivid shadow. I'm still experimenting with my new digital camera (my favourite toy), and every once in a while come up with something cool.

Comments