La Chouette

1659 Sherbrooke Street West, Mont Tremblant, Quebec, H3H 1E3, Canada

Satisfaction Poor

More about Mont-Tremblant

Roadside aestheticsRoadside aesthetics

Rayyan had a go at it tooRayyan had a go at it too

The ResortThe Resort

Rayyan comes down the hillRayyan comes down the hill

chalet, condo, b&b, etc. in the laurentians

by bigiguana2001

Hi all,

I'm looking to get away overnight or maybe 2 nights to the laurentians. Looking for somewhere cozy, preferably with a fireplace and inexpensive. The stay will be during the week of Feb. 20th 2 adults. I don't know where to start and we're not looking for a package (no skiing, just relaxing). Any clues where to look? or maybe you have something available?

Thanks a lot
Darcy

RE: chalet, condo, b&b, etc. in the laurentians

by lambster11

Hi,
We have been up north a few times. I love going to Mont Tremblant and when we stay there we go to www.starcondovilla.com. I dont know how inexpensive it will be during the time you want to go but I know that we have had very good deals with them.
There are alot of nice places to eat in the area.
Hope this helps.
Lucie

Travel Tips for Mont-Tremblant

Directions!!!

by jamiesno

The atmosphere! But for this tip when you are driving and it is late and you are tired you don't want to make this mistake. When driving to the resort you are literally going to come to a fork in the road when you are basically there. Both signs are going to say Mont Tremblant. If you want the resort pick the one with the logo and turn "right" or you will end up like me lost in the night because I went "left" and wasted an hour in the little town of Mont Tremblant. It was so dark I couldn't see that the resort was simply on the other side of the lake!!!! Ice climbing!

Cross-Country Skiing

by amsterdam_vallon

Cross-country skiers will find 56 miles (90 km) of well-groomed trails with access from the base of the mountain. More than 125 miles (200 km) of trails for short or long excursions with an overnight stay are available in the Mont-Tremblant Provincial Park.

Take the Gondola

by cfuentesm

At the top of Tremblant Village you can take the Gondola. It's a 15 minute ride to the top of the mountain. You'll experience magnificent landscapes, coloured foliage, and great views of the village and the valley. A true joy.

Biking around Mont-Tremblant (by Rayyan)

by Faiza-Ifrah

There are dedicated bikers trails that pass in and around the Village sector of the town. Dad, Ifrah and I decided to go on a 15 kms biking trip, portions of which were along Riverie Da Diable (i.e. Diable River). Ifrah gave up early.

The remaining two adventurers took the bikers' trail just few thousand meters west of the Resort. The trail quickly began to ascend and descend along Diable River. At one occassion we would be watching the river from almost top of the mountains and in next very moment, we would be by the river (picture # 1). The 15 kms long trail took us through the thick forests, where we saw deers, and through the Mountain sector of the town (picture # 2), back to Chemin du Village and ultimately back to the resort.

I would like to admit that I got exhausted and scared. So when dad saw that I could not bike uphill, he would get down and the two of us would then walk (picture # 3). He contantly talked, sung and tried to build my morale (picture # 5). We were able to cover 15 kms in 3 hours. We had started at 4 pm and we reached our resort back at 7 pm.

Tremblant

by Sasie

I went to Tremblant for a little hiking. It's a lovely spot and the people are friendly as they are in most ski resorts.
The Intrawest part of Mont-Tremblant is a "designed" village on the side of the mountain facing the lake. It's quite pretty and fun to walk up the stairs and poke in the shops, but expensive. There are events in the summer - outdoor music and the like - which make for nice entertainment.
The Parc itself is great, though I only managed a few hikes in my time there. I would definitely go back to try a few other trails.
The surrounding towns are quaint (i.e., Saite-Jovite).
If you like to drive, the summer drive up to Mont-Tremblant is fun. More fun if you drive stick! ;)

Comments