Apart Suite Deluxe Lofthotel

Christ Church Cathedral - MontrealChrist Church Cathedral - Montreal

Plane ticket from Montreal to Chicago

by MatthieuHagmann

Hello !
I'm actually studying in Montreal and
I'd like to plan a week end trip from Montreal to Chicago (from nov 7th evening to nov 12th) but I'm not able to find a cheap plane's ticket to go there. My budget is $200 for the ticket. I don't know the "low cost" companies in Canada/USA so ... what I find is too expensive. I heard that it could be cheaper to take a ride to Burlington, VT and then take a domestic flight but what I found is not a lot cheaper.

If anybody could helps me to find a cheap ticket, I would be glad.
Thank you !

Re: Plane ticket from Montreal to Chicago

by jonellis

from Burlington Vt to Chicago on the dates you mention is $227 return on US Airways. These days that is "cheap".

Re: Plane ticket from Montreal to Chicago

by verovero

Chicago is that "that" far for a cheap traveler to go by greyhound bus. It would be much much cheaper. If you buy greyhound ticket 14 days in advance it is 50% off (from Canada to US or Canada to Canada you have to buy your ticket directly to Berry-UQAM central bus station in Montreal.. from US to US or US to Canadayou can purchase your ticket online which is more practical).

Travel Tips for Montreal

Museum~Beaux Arts

by nicolettart

Located on Sherbrooke, this museum is do-able in about an hour, maybe a little more. Among the collections you will find art by local Canadians, as well as local artifacts. I thought the carvings from whalebone were incredible!
I also counted about one or two paintings by the masters~Monet, Renoir, you get the idea~but the Dali was missing! Yep, just a gaping hole where it used to be, no explanation!

P.S. I stumbled upon a painting by an Italian artist from my family's hometown of Molfetta, the Renaissance artist Corrado Giaquinto (you wouldn't know him!). What are the chances of that?

casino

by iam1wthee

It is located in the Jean Drapeau park. It is lovely and is located in beautiful gardens. There are at least 4 restaurants here. One is buffet. The food is just ok here. We had no luck here but of course others did. There is a show that starts at 9pm. Some hotels have a free shuttle bus that take you here and back.

Montreal Tip

by rtschneider

My mom and I had walked from the hotel to Notre Dame, then through Chinatown, and we were on our way to dinner. Well as we were walking up some stairs at the city hall area we heard singing. And though the words were in French we knew the tune well. It was a song giving glory and praise to God that we often sing. We stopped and talked to a man who was in charge of the church youth group, there to worship the Lord. My mom and I joined in for awhile...in English...before we headed off to dinner. We felt that God had led us right there to see His glory even in different a language and a place unknown to us!

Mondial de la Biere - World Beer Festival

by yooperprof

Montreal is a city which takes pride in its summer festivals. I happened to be in town for the World Beer Festival: can you say "happy coincidence"? The "Mondial de la Biere" provides a space for beer brewers - both local, national and international - to share their wares with beer locals from the region, from across Canada, and from around the world. Beer: bringing people together since 3240 B.C.E.!!!

In 2008 the festival was held at the Gare Windsor, an old train station in the center of downtown Montreal. There were over 150 "vendors" each with several different products to sample. A person could - and many did - spend all day for several days in a row without tasting more than a third of the potent potables on site.

"Tasting" was through a system of "tokens." Those attending purchased a set number of tokens: ten for ten dollars, say. Each vendor set a different # of tokens required to sample a certain beer. Generally, most vendors asked for 3 tokens for a five-ounce sample. You could bring your own glass, or purchase one available on site - which I did.

Montreal International JAZZ FESTIVAL !!

by appaloosy

Summertime is here.. and summer in Montreal means JAZZ baby..!!

Come on down to this year's 24th jazz festival, which takes place from June 26th to July 6th, 2003.

There are dozens of free open air concerts in addition to slickly produced shows, and it all takes place right here in downtown Montreal, near the Place des Arts area.

This whole area of downtown Montreal comes alive with colour, vibrancy, music, dance with musicians and visitors from all over the world!

There are numerous stands and kiosks where you can pick up a free program, an honorary membership card, and even a souvenir tee-shirt with the famous logo, as well as plenty of food, drink and hotels!

And there's plenty for kids to do as well!! This Jazz Festival is a great place for kids. What do they all do? Well, for starters, they have a 11,000 sq. ft. play area, with a slide like a trumpet, ladder like a guitar -- you get the idea. And don't forget the giant musical piano ivories!! Add in face-painters, mask-makers, arts and crafts table for parents and kids, roaming clowns, jugglers, and acrobats... It's a jazz festival and good time for all!!

Come on down and enjoy!!

Comments