B&B Sur la Route de Berthier

2042 rue Berthier, Montreal, H2L 3A5, Canada

More about Montreal

DELEVANTIDELEVANTI

Notre Dame altarNotre Dame altar

The view to the westThe view to the west

Aldred building, first skyscraper in MontrealAldred building, first skyscraper in Montreal

from montreal to london?

hi,
how long doess a flight takes from montreal to london,UK ?
thanx

by azz8206

It would take between 6.5 to 8 hrs.

thanx

by meeting_point

To London from MOntreal takes anywhere from 5-6 hours, the prevailing winds are tail winds so the flight is pretty fast.

The return is the opposite with head winds and can take anywhere from 6.5 hours to 8 hours.

Enjoy the jet lag! ;-)!

by marimar_72

hehehe,i wasnt asking for myself,,it was my friend who's coming from montreal...
thanx a lot

Travel Tips for Montreal

Montreal Tip

by MaktukLuvin

Staying at Hilton I think right near the airport. When we had gotten there all the malls were closed so we just stayed in our hotel for the night. Boo Hoo

But still exciting to be in Montreal.

More of My Fondest Memory

by richiecdisc

After finding my first two choices closed due to the public holiday, we took the Metro halfway across town to a more touristy section of town in hopes of finding something open. Le Cheval Blanc is the oldest of Montreal brewpubs and a few years ago would have been my first stop. I was relieved when I saw a few people filter out. Of course, it was packed. There was a jazz quartet going through the motions at the far end of the long and narrow bar. All the tables as well as bar stools were full and now I was faced with having to order my first beer in the loud and French speaking establishment. There were nine beers on tap and my vision of leisurely sitting at the bar, asking the bartender for a free sample before buying each one seemed to be dashed. Before I could work up my courage or squeeze my way into position to order, the band abruptly finished its set. Better yet, the place seemed to empty out with their departure and we soon had our own nice little table.

The place had 50s diner cum strip lounge motif and the cool air conditioning, long beer list, and other brewpubs being closed spelled a long session. There are a lot of great beer places with no atmosphere but luckily this place hit the jackpot in the latter as when entertaining a young lady, it's best they are happy in at least one respect. Actually, after the hot wild goose chase, she was dying for a beer too! With so many choices, we opted to get two different beers each time and share them. Their much-heralded Blanche was slightly different than the common bottled version, darker but with the same trademark bitter aftertaste I always found incongruous with the style. We worked our way up the ladder from the Blonde to a fairly assertive IPA. I was not as impressed with the beer as the place itself though the Noire (stout) had a nice bitter coffee palate. Nothing was bad, but nothing as special as expected. The prices were great by North American standards, with pints clocking in at $2 at Happy Hour.

Gare Windsor Station (1889)

by yooperprof

Wonderful relic of late 19th century Romanesque Revival architect, Gare Windsor Station was the headquarters of the Canadian Pacific Railway, and was opened in 1889. It's the work of New York architect Bruce Price (1845-1903), who became the "house architect" of CPR stations and hotels, and also happened to be the father of etiquette-writer Emily Post.

Trains no longer come here, although it is still owned by the CPR. Portions of the structure have been redeveloped as an office/shopping/restaurant complex. In the summer 2008, I enjoyed the Mondial de la Biere here!

French language

by el_ruso

To the vast majority of people here French is the first language, not English. But the vast majority, especially those who work in service industry, do speak English. If you are coming from the US, this definitely feels like a foreign country.

Couche-Tard Convenience Stores

by rmdw

Several national & international retailers use different names in the province of Quebec. So is the case with "Couche-Tard". Anywhere else it would be called "Mac's".

It's a reliable place to get the handy essentials of life. All are open 24/7.

What a lot of people don't realize is that the headquarters of Mac's is actually in Montreal!

Comments