BackPackers of Old Montreal

Booking.com Hostelworld.com

More about BackPackers of Old Montreal

Backpackers Montreal

by margaux

Most of the text about Montreal, I already placed at my Quebec page. But I have some pics I didn't want you to miss.
These are some people I met in the youth hostel of Montreal. We really had a great time and I even went to Quebec with Shirley, the girl in the corner left. Unfortunatly, she lives in Australie, so I didn't see her again. Dave went to college in america somewhere and we did write for a while. Sadly that how things can end sometimes, so if you know those people or you are on the picture (hi!), just let me know.

Lights on the StreetsLights on the Streets

Neo-Classical bank architectureNeo-Classical bank architecture

HoneybeesHoneybees

Chinese vegetables vendorChinese vegetables vendor

metro station for guy favreau

by kmacklin

what is the closest metro station for complexe guy favreau located at200 rene levesque west? thanx

Re: metro station for guy favreau

by johngayton

Your nearest Metro is Place d'Armes - here's the RESO map to show you how to get there: http://www.stm.info/English/metro/souterrain2006.pdf

PS you can also go above ground too - same direction!

Travel Tips for Montreal

Airbus A380

by victorwkf

I was extremely delighted at having the chance to experience the new Airbus A380 (Singapore Airlines) on my way back from Montreal to Singapore.

The Airbus A380 was flying from London back to Singapore. The seat is spacious, the LCD screen is bigger than normal and overall the plane looks big both from the outside and inside. The colour of the seats and surroundings gives a grand feeling as shown in the attached photos.

Christ Church Cathedral (Anglican) - (1859)

by yooperprof

Modelled in part on Salisbury Cathedral in England, the Anglican cathedral here was opened in 1859. The architect, Frank Wills, didn't design the foundation to be sufficiently strong to support the large steeple atop the church -- the result being that the original one had to be dismantled. The present steeple isn't as tall, and it is made of aluminium instead of stone!!

In the 1980s, the Anglican diocese secured the financial future of Christ Church by allowing construction of the 34 story office block on grounds it owned immediately behind the church, as well as the development of a shopping mall in space beneath it.

French

by Digi

While English is spoken by a lot of people in Montreal, the impression I always got was that most people prefer French. I've had some experiences with people being rude due to my own lack of French mastery, but it was nothing major.

I was later told that many French-speaking Canadians expect other Canadians to know French, and thus get annoyed when people speak only in English. But if they realize you are from America it isn't a problem.

It's a mystery to me though what is really going on, I'd appreciate if anyone could enlighten me.

Let it Snow... we have a Tempo

by Stellaluna

I had no idea what these white tents were when I first saw them. They line the streets in Montreal. These tempos are put up when the snow starts falling and taken down at the end of the season. Keeps the driveways free of the heavy snows.

Comments