Best Western Europa Downtown

1240 Rue Drummond, Near Ste-Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, H3G 1V7, Canada

BEST WESTERN PLUS Montreal Downtown-Hotel Europa
Travelocity Priceline.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• Party every night and never pay for a cab

I've looked it up on a map...closest hotel to downtown Montreal's bar scene! Seriously walk out and across the parking lot (which does cost money, still significantly cheaper then surrounding hotels) to a great bar.
    I got a GREAT DEAL when booking...stayed for three nights but only paided for two nights. Still available on their web-site..just check for deals. Upgrading to a bigger room when we got there didn't cost us more and was surprised to see how big each room was. WOMEN! we could fit more than four in certain bathrooms for pre-bar primping. MEN! we played 6 men poker games in our hotel rooms.
    AWESOME LOCATION...right on the strip, could bar hop all night PLUS the rippers were right across the street.

More about Best Western Europa Downtown

Unprepared, hostile, and a fire hazard.

While on a band trip with my school concert band and choir, we stayed in the Best Western Europa Hotel. After I was checked in we attempted to enter our rooms. Their card key system did not work. I needed to get our room keys (cards) reprogramed seven times on the first day, and many times later during our three night trip. The cleaner used in my rooms left a bad odor. Although some staff members were helpful, kind and a pleasure to talk to, others were not. Prank callers phoned in and asked for a wake up call at two in the morning for my room, and the reception desk called us at eleven thirty PM to confirm the call. After I said that I did not want a wake up call that early and that it must have been a prank call, the lobby told me that they could not prevent the call as it was already entered into the computer. (Why bother comfirming if they could not change it)? This happened again, but I found out about it (while going down to fix my room key) before it was entered. What I found most ensulting about this hotel was the security gaurd, who used told a client (also on my trip) to "shut up" also using profanities. The ice machines were all broken but one on the fifth floor, the second floor vending machine ate your money and had no "out of order sign". All the other ones were unstocked on many things. The maids (who were very nice) seemed overworked. Worst of all, the hotel only had one flight of stairs that did not open into the lobby instead to an ally beside (this door had an alarm but no warning of one). Not only did this make the elevators extremely busy, but also if there was a fire in the ally that had spread into the north end of the hotel, there would be no escape route, as would there be none for the first floor if the lobby was ablaze. The lobby workers were not helpful in giving directions either.

Not as bad as everyone else thinks

As two young travelers we really enjoyed our stay at this best western. our room was exceptionally large and spacey. and the bathroom was actually a good size and had complimentary pantene pro v shampoo and dove body wash! the location of the hotel was great because it is right off of st. catherines str. the service was great and we arrived around noon and we were able to check in early with no problem. the staff was very kind and considerate but there was a little mix up with the hotel price which was taken care of quickly and with no problems!! at night when we would return we felt very safe since there was a security officer waiting to greet us and let us in.

The only real problem we had was the price of parking which was $38 which is inconvenient since parking is usually free. also the windows should not be sealed shut. having fresh air would have been nice.

All in all we had a great stay and would definitely stay there again!

no complaints

My sister from British Columbia met me in Montreal for the weekend, myself coming from Nova Scotia...Location, location, location,We booked this place before reading the reviews...so glad we did because I read a lot of negative reviews & was worried..it was all for not..the desk staff was sooo friendly & accomadating, the restaurant staff was friendly& the room was as good as you can expect for the price you would pay anywhere else. The location was the best we could've gotten..right downtown,it was all there..had to add my 2 cents worth..Cathy

Depends on what you are looking for.

It really depends on the type of traveller you are. If you like to lounge in bed for many hours in the morning, watch movies...enjoy great room service etc.... this is NOT the hotel for you.

This hotel is best suited for younger folks that will be spending very limited hours in the room. It's a great hotel just to put your head down at night and crash. The rooms are clean and humble, definately small. The hotel is definately safe.

Probably the only reason I ever stayed at this place was when I was on a limited budget and wanted a place close to the action. There are 6 strip clubs less than 2 blocks from the hotel. A large number of really good fast food places serviing a variety of ethnic dishes, and the fabled Cresent street is only 2 streets west of the hotel.

I do have to say the hotel bar is overpriced, and housekeeping takes forever if your room is higher than the 3rd floor.

To summerize, you stay here for location and price. Not for luxury.

I was very unhappy

by TripAdvisor Member Betina

In general I love the BW hotels. This one was easy to find. Centrally located. We asked for a quiet room, we got a room facing the street. Hotel has no parking, parking opposite charged CAD 17.50 add it to the price of the hotel and the deal is no deal. The room was tiny. We paid cash, gave the visa card as guarantee. Got back the visa slip the next day, found a month later that we have been debited for an extra CAD 12 and cannot get a reply why.
Don't go there before you check all details.

More that happy to return

We stayed here for 4 nights while at the F1 Grand Prix.
Excellent hotel , clean, staff polite and smiling.

Great free breakfast , more than enough to keep us going all day .
Free bottle water & fruit on offer all day in the lobby.
Pleasent hotel bar to retrun too at night !

More than happy to return to hotel if I every come back to Montreal.

As all Montreal hotels - cost more than normal that weekend due to the F1

Great Stay for the Price

My husband stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while were in Montreal for the F1 races. The front desk staff were very nice and professional as were the maids and restaurant staff. The room was better than okay. It was clean and the area in which we stayed was quiet.

We received free breakfast with our stay and it was okay but plentiful.

Overall, I enjoyed this hotel. Free bottled water each day (which was great as it was HOT and humid). We walked to restaurants and to the metro with no problems. We will stay again....

Tiny room, ok location

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one night on our recent trip to Quebec. The location was fine and the staff friendly and helpful, the price was decent compared to what I could find on the web from the US.
However, the room was really tiny, I mean much worse than similar hotels I'd
stayed in. There was only one chair so one of us always had to sit on the bed.
There was no room around the bed to open a suitcase, for example on the floor, or a table. We had to use the bed for that as well. The bathroom was large by comparison. This might be alright for one person with limited luggage but we were on the tail end of a two week vacation so we had two large suitcases and room didn't work for us at all. Of all the hotels we stayed in during our trip this was the only one that made us feel so claustrophobic.

Comments