1659 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal, Quebec, H3H 1E3, Canada
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Rated 11% higher but also costs 25% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Montreal

Atrium le 1000Atrium le 1000

The entrance to Chinatown.The entrance to Chinatown.

It goes on for milesIt goes on for miles

The view from the Clock TowerThe view from the Clock Tower

Best area/hotel options to stay for 3 nights with the baby

by leoinv1

Hello,

My wife and I are planning to travel to Montreal with our 3.5 month baby (driving from New York City). I am looking for recommendation on the best area to stay to be "in the middle of everything". We want to avoid driving most of the time while in Montreal and be able to walk with the stroller to most attraction (Old Montreal, Port, etc.) by foot. Occasional car trips are OK. I am looking at the St Denis area (Latin Quarter) as one option (seems like a nice place to walk around, go to restaurants/cafes, see the locals, etc.). And looking at old/downtown Montreal as well.

I am looking primarily at the chain hotels because the ability to cancel the reservation a couple of days before the trip is important (with an infant, we cannot plan far ahead). Would appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks

by Jefie

If you're looking at chain hotels, I can recommend the Delta Centre-Ville (http://www.deltahotels.com/en/hotels/quebec/delta-centre-ville/#utm_source=google&utm_medium=localpack&utm_campaign=google-universal-local). It's a nice hotel and the location is great, about halfway between Old Montreal and all the action on St. Catherine Street. There's a metro station right around the corner so there's no need to drive anywhere. Hope this helps!

by Bebegogo

The old port is a great place to stay. There are many hotels there including the Marriot Spring hill inn.

You can check out ispymontreal.com for an updated list of family friendly activities. Also www.bebegogo.com rents items like cribs and strollers if you need any gear while staying in Montreal.

Darcy

by mtlparking

Hello! I personnaly recommend the westmount area and the downtown area. There are lots of nice hotels there that are around most touristic spots! also, since you're going to be driving, its hard to find good parking spots so I recommend you check out www.mtlparking.com. Its a site that basically shows you all the parkings lots and prices on google map. hope I was helpful!

by chrisbilal

I live in the middle of downtown Montreal. This hotel is right next to Chinatown (and where I live!) and very reasonable.

Travel Tips for Montreal

Montreal for Young Famillies

by Marikah001

My last visit to Montreal, Quebec included my 1 year old daughter. We where travelling with my husband on business and we needed something to keep us busy while dad was away. I came across a great english-language website (I know!) for parents called http://www.momtreal.ca It was full of activities sutable for young ones. We visited Ecomuseum just outside the city. My daughter was crazy for the otters!

Try to come in the summer...

by Gerry_Crooks

Try to come in the summer months (June to August). First it is warmer, usually, but also we have our Festivals going on practically every week. There is the Jazz, comedy and film festivals that bring the people out into the streets. This is a real bothersome concern for us locals trying to motor our way around the city, but we do! Since I lived in the area all my life, I do not have a fond memory as such. Except one Christmas break I went to Florida. No snow = no Christmas to us 'Montrealais'.

More Memory

by richiecdisc

Though it was still fairly early, we were getting hungry and in need of a change of venue so we sauntered over in the now merely hot night air to L'Amere a Boire. This street side cafe on popular Rue St. Denis looks like all the others on first glance and I must admit I had my doubts about their beers for this reason. My fears were quickly allayed when I saw they had both light and dark versions of Czech-style lagers on tap in the form of their house made Cerna Horn and Drak. The former was a true to form delicate interpretation of the style though lacking a bit of hoppy bitterness. It's possible my palate was a bit overwhelmed after sampling the stronger beers at Le Cheval Blanc. The food menu was not particularly interesting so we ordered a snack of frites with mayonnaise while I sampled an interesting if odd for style Maibock. Though there were many more beers to try, we needed a good meal and it was after 11 so we scurried just up the street to have some mussels at Bieres & Compagnie, and a nightcap of McAuslan's Apricot Wheat, a pleasantly dry fruit beer. Finally, we went back to our inferno of a room to pass out for the night.

I woke up outside on the balcony off our room, cotton mouthed and half wondering how I'd gotten there. There were bodies sprawling everywhere so I wasn't the only one with the idea. The free breakfast of stale rolls and peanut butter looked a poor match for our dehydrated condition so off we trudged to the St. Viateur Bagel Shop for what are lauded by locals, as the best bagels in the world. I must admit that they were tasty and perhaps the freshest bagel I've ever had. They are lifted from a wood oven by stick as you watch. With some food in out bellies, we headed down to the historical old town and wandered the streets doing some touristy things before lunch. We both agreed that the Latin Quarter was far more interesting so we opted to drive to nearby Chambly for lunch. (continued below in My Fondest Memory)

St-Denis street and the Quartier Latin

by Pierre_Rouss

St-Denis street and the Quartier Latin.
This is where you will find numerous restaurants, terraces, little stores and boutiques, etc...
One of the hot spot in Montreal where you will find something to do even at 3 AM in the morning. Even your friendly drug vendor, your accommodating prostitute or undercover cop, etc...

Bonne Fete Nationale!!

by appaloosy

Today (June 24th of every year) is St. Baptiste day in Quebec!!

Everyone from all over the province enjoys this holiday as revellers of all ages and background take advantage of this provincial holiday for merry-making and revelry.
Banks, schools, post offices, and government offices are all closed to celebrate this national holiday.

The June 24 holiday dates back to 1615 when settlers in New France used it to celebrate the summer solstice and the birth of St-Jean-Baptiste. After the conquest of New France by the British, the holiday waned until the founding of the Societe St-Jean-Baptiste in 1834.

In recent years past, this day was used by various political and government bodies to promote nationalist pride and fervor, but I am happy to see that this year's celebrations are taking on a more multi-cultural flavor!

So, come on down and join in the celebrations...!! There is much dancing, cheering, singing, partying and merry-making as spectators celebrate the increasing diversity of the event.!!

Bonne Fete Nationale everyone!!

Comments