Delta Centreville

777 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, H3C 3Z7, Canada

Good For No Data
  • yooperprof's Profile Photo

Prominity to the Convention Center is a Plus

28 floor hotel (not counting the revolving restaurant on top) in downtown Montreal, opposite Bonaventure Station. Opened in 1976. I stayed here in November 2012, when I was in town for a conference being held at the nearby Marriott. (My rate here at the Centreville was $60 less a night, thanks to some successful bidding on Priceline!)

The Delta Centreville is in the middle of a lengthy process of gradual renovation. The room that I stayed in was not yet "renovated," and thus had furniture and fixtures that were somewhat - okay, really very - outdated. If that is an issue for you, you should probably mention is at the desk.

I liked the indoor pool on the 4th floor, overlooking the lobby. It wasn't large but was comfortable and quiet.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

Large Central Hotel With Great Facilities

Although this hotel was extremely large and busy particularly in the reception and public areas we found it to be an excellent hotel for our purpose of tourism. It offered most facilities many tourists require in a hotel, good clean, quiet and spacious rooms, a good range of restaurants to suit all budgets, self laundry facilities, shopping arcades, swimming pools and childrens activity facilities.

The lift system was excellent with groupings of very fast lifts servicing various levels. Staff were on hand to direct you to the correct lift.

The hotel is central to many attractions.

Directions: City Centre

• TangoNuevo's Profile Photo

Nice 3 Star Hotel

They have a great pool, the rooms are very roomy. It's more of business traveller type of hotel.

No complains, I would love to stay there again.

Unique Quality: Great breakfast. When you book the hotel you'll get the continental breakfast.

Delta Center Ville is worth to stay. If you get the specials on the internet.

Directions: Closest subway is Victoria Square. This hotel is only 2 blocks away to Old Montreal.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Conveniently Located

Since the international conference, sponsored by the Paris-based CIGRE organization (in English the 'International Committee on Large Electrical Systems') was using the conference facilities of the Delta Centre-Ville, that is where we stayed. I liked both the service and the location of the hotel - altogether a top-rate facility.

Unique Quality: The Delta is a 28-storey hotel with a circular restaurant on its top floor (we never made it that high) and we had a great view of the city from our 27th floor room. The room was very spacious and had a great king-sized bed.
    We also took advantage of the underground parking at the hotel (US$13 per day). I also found that the restaurant on the main floor of the hotel was very good. As far as location is concerned, the Delta is only a few blocks away from the historic and picturesque Vieux Montreal area or you can strike out north for just a few blocks and you are into the underground-connected shopping maze in the modern core of the city. The room rate was US$100/night or $120 including taxes. The photo shows part of the roof-top restaurant peeking out between the towers.

Directions: In the downtown core, between Place Bonaventure and Vieux Montreal

• deadites's Profile Photo

Great Montreal hotel!

Nice comfy rooms, great service and located close to everything.

Take advantage of the cheap winter rates! Indoor heated pool, sauna can melt away those winter blues.

Unique Quality: Rooftop revolving restaurant offers a great view of the city!

Directions: Across the street from Place Bonaventure (2 blocks from Central Station).

More about Delta Centreville

A good location in downtown Montreal

by Bwana_Brown about Delta Centre Ville

In October, 2003 I attended an international conference in Montreal, sponsored by the Paris-based CIGRE organization (in English the 'International Committee on Large Electrical Systems'). Because they were using the conference facilities of the Delta Centre-Ville, that is where we stayed. I liked both the service and the location of the hotel - altogether a top-rate facility.

I have experienced quite a few different hotels in Montreal over the years and have found them all to be of quite a high standard. Unless you are really going cheap, you are likely to enjoy your time in the city! The Delta is a 28-storey hotel with a circular restaurant on its top floor (we never made it that high) and we had a great view of the city from our 27th floor room. The room was very spacious and had a great king-sized bed.

We also took advantage of the underground parking at the hotel (US$13 per day). I also found that the restaurant on the main floor of the hotel was very good. As far as location is concerned, the Delta is only a few blocks away from the historic and picturesque Vieux Montreal area or you can strike out north for just a few blocks and you are into the underground-connected shopping maze in the modern core of the city. The room rate was US$100/night or $120 including taxes. The photo shows part of the roof-top restaurant peeking out to the left of the 'Delta' logo.

Loved It!

by TripAdvisor Member Bailey1981

My Fiance and I stayed at the Delta Centre Ville for six nights in March - and would definately recommend it! The staff were always polite and friendly - using both English and French when greeting you. The food was lovely - although a little expensive - we tended to go into the underground tunnels for our breakfast - which connect to the hotel. The rooms were clean and spacious-with a newspaper delivered everyday. The swimming pool was clean and well managed - if a little cold at times. The revolving restuarant allowed a great view of the city-at a price-but worth it. It's a great location - within walking distance to both the shops (which you can do entirely underground) and the harbour. All in all a great stay.

A good business hotel

by TripAdvisor Member HBDutytravel

I stayed at the Delta Centre Ville for 10 days while organising a big conference in the Palais des Congres nearby. The huge hotel offers everything that you expect from this type - restaurant, pool, gym, business centre etc. Of course nothing of the latest contemporary design...it pays off to be member of the Delta Preferred Guest scheme (free of charge) since you get an upgrade to the rooms on the upper floors and get access to a nice lounge on the 18th floor. Staff was friendly and professional, nothing to complain about but also nothing to be hugely excited about. A good business and group hotel lacking some local charm.

A great weekend getaway!

by TripAdvisor Member Reds2005

My husband and I stayed at the Delta Centre-Ville on the Labour Day weekend and enjoyed ourselves a lot.

When we arrived, there was a LARGE tour bus ahead of us, but we only waited about 6 minutes. They were very speedy. We found out that our room wasn't quite ready yet (I think we were early to check in though) but the manager who was serving us gave us a lovely room on the 27th floor with a great view !

We found the rooms to be small, but comfortable. The room we were in (king room) had been renovated (new carpet, bedding) but the bathroom seemed a bit old. We also had a chuckle over the TV (very small, old and low quality) but we weren't there to watch TV so it didn't matter much.

The hotel was close to St. Catherine (good shopping) and Old Montreal (pretty to walk around in).

What impressed me most about the hotel was the concierge. He was SO helpful. We went to ask about restaurants in Old Montreal and within 2 mins he'd made us reservations at his favourite place and gave us a map with walking directions. He was doing the same thing for the people ahead of us and behind us too. Very helpful!

We had the Sunday brunch at the revolving restaurant and it was good. They have a 10:30 sitting and a 1:30 sitting. We went to the earlier one, and although there were lots of families and kids and larger parties, my husband and I still had a nice quiet meal together. The food was pretty good, but I dont' think we would have gone there (at $35 each) unless we had received the $25 voucher as part of our package!

One note about the package - they didn't advertise it, but when my husband called he asked about deals. We got the "fun package" or "family package" - basically parking ($17) and $25 food voucher included. We paid about $209 a night I believe.

Overall, a good experience. Not sure if I would stay again though only because there are SOOO many boutique hotels and B&Bs in Montreal that it's fun to try out other things.

by TripAdvisor Member UsaJjj

We had many problems with this hotel. I even checked out one night early. Except the font desk staff, The service was poor, particularily in the parking was not convenient at all. Restaurant staff and room service are the worst that I saw in the world

This hotel deserves 2 stars, not 4.

Not All It's Cracked Up to Be!

The hotel is beautiful, and its location to old town and the new town is just great. The hotel carries a very demanding appeal, but the services and its employees have much to improve on!

The signature lounge upstairs on the top floor, which is reserved for Delta Privilege guests, is way too over rated! The food service in the lounge I found to be lacking, and the service personnel were very rude. Not attentive, caring, or very friendly at all!

The Concierge was rude as well. It was like no one had any desire to cater to the paying guests! I found it even more deplorable that they valet parked our car upon arrival, charged me $18.00 per day to park in the garage, but would not get my car upon check-out! I had to go, scramble through the garage, not knowing where the valet had parked the car, and had to retrieve it on my own!

As I stated at the beginning of my comments, this a beautiful hotel, but the service has a lot to be desired!

Delta Centre Ville in MontrealDelta Centre Ville in Montreal

New Year's Eve where to stay

by revert

A bunch of us are planning to drive down new years eve and stay and party for a night.

just wondering if there are any cheap motels in the st laurent/st catherine area we just need a place to sleep nothing fancy

went to montreal 2 weeks ago and stayed at delta montreal, we had a blast and we wanna go back

anything will be greatly appreciated!

RE: New Year's Eve where to stay

by Reverend

At this point, for New Year's Eve, you may have to take whatever you can find. I wouldn't waste any time, you should make a reservation now, if you still can.

I can recommend that you look at hostels.com, and many of those places do have private rooms. Some are more like B&Bs or are located in small hotels, so by visiting this site you might find a place that's the sort of thing you're looling for.

RE: New Year's Eve where to stay

by PARTYPATROL.CA

Hey wassup..

you should go visit this site, www.newyearsevemontreal.com and go to their tourist info page. They have some hotels listed there where you can get some sort of discount i think...

Comments