Hebergement Touristique Le Pol

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Montreal

Christmas Tree and PresentChristmas Tree and Present

The cavernous interiorThe cavernous interior

The Rose GardenThe Rose Garden

Ste Catherine E entranceSte Catherine E entrance

Christmas Day In the City

by GUTHRGRA

Travelling from the UK to spend Christmas in Montreal and need some suggestion as where to eat on Christmas Day

by Pomerol

I am sure some MacDonalds will be open.

Now seriously what do you expect when you provide no information as to what kind of restaurants you are looking for.

You can always start with this site giving you a list of restaurants open on Christmas day

by nycgirl88

We will also be in Montreal on Christmas Day and have been looking for restaurants that will be open. I checked out the link provided by the other poster and contacted two of the listed restaurants, only to find out they're both closed on the 25th.
Did you find anymore info in your research? I'm going to check with our hotel tomorrow night when we check in & will post anything interesting.
Happy Holidays!

by Pomerol

Your hotel can possibly provide you with some suggestions. If you are into Chinese food, most Chinese restaurants are open on Christmas day in MOntreal so you can ask your hotel for the best options near your location.

Merry Christmas!

Travel Tips for Montreal

Smoked Meat

by emilienoelle

As we walked around the city we noticed advertisements for "smoked meat" in the windows of many restaurants and cafes. In fact, after a few days we saw so many of these signs that the words "smoked meat" came to be code for a weird sort of private joke between us. However, after all of this disrespect, we took it upon ourselves to investigate exactly what this smoked meat was, as unappetizing as it sounded. As it turns out, smoked meat is nothing but beef brisket cured in brine, like a corned beef, which is then smoked. It is usually sliced and made into sandwiches--and it's not that bad, believe it or not.

Chapelle Notre Dame de Bonsecours (1771)

by yooperprof

The Sailors church: if you've had a good sea journey recently, then you should come to the Chapelle Notre dame de Bonsecours and offer thanks for your safe voyage!

Located at 400 Rue St. Paul est (east), this is one of the oldest surviving churches in Montreal.

This is also home to the Musee Marguerite Bourgeoys, commemorating the life and work of one of the most early female leaders (a nun, naturally) of 17th century Montreal.

Fun fact to know and tell: the Chapelle Notre Dame de Bonsecours features in Leonard Cohen's well-known song "Suzanne."

Conclusion of My Fondest Memory

by richiecdisc

With jaded tastebuds at this point, it's hard to believe that the Vaisseau des Songes, a cask-conditioned IPA served from a hand pump, could score such high marks. Served at a proper cellar temperature and low carbonation, this magnificent blend of hops and malt could be a session beer or special nightcap though for us, it was an apt palate cleanser to make way for the Solstice d' Hiver. This is their bottled barely wine and Frederick reveled as the three glasses were filled. Even with the warm weather, this enchanting winter beer worked its magic from the complex nose of dried fruit and hops to the surprisingly dry hoppy finish. Frederick insisted on paying for a third of the bottle though I wanted to repay him for his suggesting it. It was getting late and I asked him to come with us to our last stop, Le Sergent Recruteur and he obliged though it was not his favorite of the local brewpubs. It was a short walk and on our way home so we were there in no time. I ordered the cask Bitter du Sergent and again pleaded with Frederick to allow me to buy him a beer. He seemed a bit lost in thought for a few moments and finally shook his head in negation. He explained that he wanted to end the night with the taste of the barely wine in his mouth. With that, he stood up, shook my hand and bid us farewell. I hastily drank what on any other occasion would have been a beer to be savored. Frederick was right. The night should have ended with the d' Hiver, but he had the pleasure. He was a local that could go to any one of these places everyday. I was a man on a mission and by definition rushed. I like to think I'll be in Montreal again someday and that I'll meet Frederick again too. And this time, I'll insist on buying the first round.

Fly The Flag!!!

by Marisola

Quebecers (Kay-beck-ers) are very proud of being from Quebec. They fly their flag with pride on special holidays: Flag Day (January 21) and Quebec Day - St. Jean Baptiste (June 24th) and any other day!

The flag is called the Fleurdelisé and has four French fleur de lys flowers on a bright blue and white background. You'll be sure to see it very often in Quebec, "La Belle Province," The Beautiful Province.

Make the most of panhandlers

by khlisson

My tip, which I discovered accidentally, makes a great experience out of being panhandled. Generally, the panhandlers will pick you out as a tourist and ask you if you speak English. I just said Non in my french accent and he came out with this beautifully accented french, probably a story of his hard times. Though there are still panhandlers, crime is low and the streets seemed alot safer to me than in my native New York.

Comments