380 Sherbrooke St. West, Montreal, H3A 0B1, Canada
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-ville

The Only Place To Stay in Montreal"

by TripAdvisor Member vtgirl1975

This hotel was simply great!! Living in Vermont, Montreal is a city we visit several times a year for leisure. Out of the over 15 hotels we have stayed at over the years, this one is simply the best! Kristine at the front desk was wonderful..super quick check-in! The cleanliness of this hotel was just spectacular! The room was beyond spacious and you must check out the pool, hot tub and sundeck, even if not planning on using it, its worth a quick peek just for the view alone. The gym and steam room were state of the art. My only small complaint would be that those huge fabulous windows we enjoyed upon arrival would have been even better with black out shades and not just the thinner, shear curtain that allows a ton of light in the early am. Easy fix with an eye mask! This hotel is by far the best Hilton we have ever stayed at anywhere!

Nice hotel... bad experience

by TripAdvisor Member tripreporterer

I reached Hilton Diamond VIP status last year, and have stayed in many HGI properties across North America. This is one of the nicest I've been to - unfortunately we had a very bad experience there...

We were traveling with our baby, and just checked out of a different hotel because they had starting painting outside our door. When I called to make the reservation, I was assured that there would be no painting, renovation work or construction happening during our stay. We booked a 1br suite that was spacious and clean. The service was also terrific up to this point. However, the next day they started painting the hotel stairwell with extremely smelly and toxic paint. It was impossible to stay in our room for even a few minutes as the smell was burning our nostrils. The air conditioning system was also shut down for most of the day for service. We had to leave immediately. The hotel management ultimately did the right thing by us, but not without a lot of loud complaining.

All this being said, I wold probably stay at this hotel again if I couldn't book into something better (Crystal!). The pool and fitness area are particularly nice.

Great hotel, staff not too swift!

by TripAdvisor Member Kittie_013

The Good:

The rooms were great! This hotel is only a year old and everything is up to date. The rooms are clean; beds are comfy, lots of space. The Hotel is very clean and well maintained.

The bad:

Parking: This is by far the worst parking garage EVER! It's very tight and only 1 lane with 4 floors of parking. We had a difficult time finding a spot, and then when we did we couldn't find how to get into the hotel. There is no signs telling you where to go, then when we found how to get up it was stairs. This is fine when you don't have luggage to carry up, the only other option would be to go up the parking ramps which are steep and you have a chance of getting hit by a car. This was not thought out at all when designing this hotel.

I found the Staff at the front desk had no idea what was going on and rude. They charged items to our room that we didn't get, our key card would stop working after one use and the staff wouldn't believe you when you went back down to get it re programmed. I'm fluent in French but I speak English as my main language and the staff not thinking you can speak French would speak about you and other guests in French right in front of you.

All in all the hotel was awesome, but parking and staff horrible!

Great for families - brand new, beautiful, staff was very accomodating

by TripAdvisor Member Kregreen

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for one night during a quick stay in Montreal, a city we know well. The location is terrific and the hotel was immaculate. We came with three kids and wanted one room. Our room had two queen beds and we requested a cot. When the front desk realized that we had three kids, they assigned us a corner room which was lovely and spacious. Beds were amazingly comfortable!

Nice Hotel, great service.

by TripAdvisor Member JenWinNH

My husband and I stayed here for Memorial Day weekend, we've been to Montreal several times and usually stay in another hotel, but decided to explore our options for this trip. We were happy with our choice, the hotel is clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were concerned that it would be too far out of our way, but were happy that the hotel was within walking distance from St Catherine. The only thing I would mention is that their undergroung parking is somewhat confusing.. we had no problem getting in, but there is now exit sign, so we had to stop and ask someone. We would stay here again.

Nice Stay in Montreal

by TripAdvisor Member vermontskier

Overall a nice stay and a little nicer than your typical Hilton Garden Inn. The only thing that wasn't that great was the breakfast. Also watch if you go to the pool...the pavement is extremely slippery. I'm almost fell walking to the hot tub. Also the pictures of the outside of the hotel are deceiving. The hotel is only about 11 stories high and the tall building next to it is condos I believe, but is has the Hilton Garden Inn sign on it.
Nice place overall.

Fantastic place and deal!

by TripAdvisor Member sometimetraveler1234

My wife and I were looking for an affordable but nice place to stay for a couple of days in Montreal. What a treat this was to discover! Huge rooms and well-done decor. The place is clean and the staff is very friendly (and speaks fine English). The front desk manager responded immediately to our only issue (a shower door seal that leaked)...she moved us to a larger room with a better view without even being asked. And the mattress was fantastic!!!

Great Stay at the Hilkton Garden Inn Montreal

by TripAdvisor Member GarethParry

Had a recent one-night stay at the HGI in Montreal downtown and had a great time.

The rooms are fresh, large and well maintained and are much larger than some of the older and more expensive places in town. The hotel is about a ten minute walk from all of the city's action areas and had an excellent weekend rate.

The food for breakfast was decent and th staff were helpful. We had a problem with our room (A/C not working) but this was soon sorted out and we were given another room and also free parking as a gesture of goodwill.

Overall a great, if short, stay and would recommend this hotel.

Nice hotel, great service

by TripAdvisor Member ozfamilyincanada

We have stayed at this hotel twice now and on both occasions the rooms have been nice and clean and the staff extremely helpful. They communicate politely in both French and English. The breakfast is served in the typical Hilton Garden Inn Model with a buffet of continental breakfast foods and ordering of cooked breakfast and it is nice.

It is only a 5 minute walk to the Metro and not too far to Rue St Catherine.

Excellent hotel and highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member barnes20

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our recent trip to Montreal and loved it. We were upgraded to a suite, and the room was comfortable, spacious and well-appointed. The breakfast buffet includes a nice selection of breads, cereals and meats/cheeses and cook to order plates. As nice as the room was, the staff and the location helped make it truly wonderful. The concierge was fabulous! he had great tips for our sightseeing plans and arranged for a reliable cab to pick us up at 4 a.m. to take us to the train station. He was also just a lot of fun to talk to. The location was also wonderful. We never took a cab or public transportation while in Montreal. We were able to walk to everything we wanted to see. The hotel is centrally located between Old Town and shopping district. The view of the city from the rooftop terrace is also a plus. I would highly recommend Hotel Hilton Garden Inn!

Comments