900 De La Gauchetiere W, Montreal, Quebec H5A 1E4, Canada

Travelocity Booking.com Hilton.com

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Pet owners beware! They took my dog!

My husband and another couple recently had the misfortune of staying at this awful hotel. We brought along our two dogs as we normally would. We travel often and always take our dogs with us instead of boarding them. Upon checking in we signed a form agreeing not to leave our pets in the room for an “unreasonable amount of time”, which in our minds meant several hours and the hotel staff did not specify. After getting unpacked and ready for the evening we left for dinner. We were maybe gone 45 minutes at the absolute most when the hotel called my husband and said that one of our dogs was barking and we must leave dinner immediately and return to the hotel. We called the waiter over had him box up our food and we left. When we got to our room and walked in the door one of our dogs was missing. I was already worried because it is very out of character for either of our dogs to bark and be a nuisance. My friend and I hurried to the front desk as our husbands continued to search the room for the dog. The staff was extremely rude to us and told that security had removed the dog from the room and we should be grateful that they did. I would have had no problem with that BUT if they were capable of calling to demand that we leave dinner then also tell me that you are taking my dog for a walk. Do not let me return to find him missing. I tried to explain why that was upsetting and that I love my dogs as if they were my children and the lady said good parents wouldn’t leave their children unattended in the room. Then I was told that the pet policy we signed meant that pets could not be left in the room alone for even “one minute, because even that was an unreasonable amount of time” and it was “Hilton policy to remove animals from the room at their discretion whether their owners were notified or not.” Then after waiting for ten minutes security came walking up with my dog, held out his leash, and asked who is responsible for this animal. At that time my husband and my friend’s husband began to lose their tempers, but who wouldn’t in a situation like this? We had enough and asked if we could check out and if they knew of any other pet friendly hotels. They suggested one, so my husband walked over to check in while we were packing up the room. Apparently the Hilton called the hotel that they had suggested and told them that we had an unruly pet and to beware of renting us a room. As that was taking place across the street, my friend and I were packing up the room and all of the electricity in the hotel went out. It was pitch black. We went back to the front desk and was told that it was a planned black out and were given two glow sticks. So for the next four hours we had to sit in our room with no electricity and two glow sticks. I called the manager several times that night to try to settle the matter, but no one answered or called back. It took a week and a half and a nasty message from me to finally get a response. I was told that we could not receive a refund because they had to give 3 other refunds because of our barking dog. I’m sorry, but if anyone deserved a refund it was us.

Unique Quality: I've never been treated so poorly by hotel staff as we were here.

• whodunit's Profile Photo

Downtown Hilton

Stayed for 5 days and 4 nights. The trip was business but extended for personal reasons. The outdoor pool in the middle of winter is brilliant - what a fantastic experience and I'm not typically a pool guy. The meals were average, the rooms relatively nice - more important they were cozy. It was a very nice hotel that tried to keep an outdoor/jungle theme in the middle of a city. They did a pretty good job. You can get MUCH better prices on the internet than the desk will give you. It seems this is a popular spot for events as there were *many* going on in the short time I was there.

Unique Quality: outdoor pool

More about Hilton Montreal Bonaventure

Places (12) to stay in the Airport area

by Pierre_Rouss

Information about a place to stay in the Airport area.

Quality Hotel Dorval

514-733-8818 · 176 Rooms

Hotel Ruby Foo's
7655 Decarie Blvd · Montreal
514-731-7701 · 62 Rooms

Montreal offers you a wide...

by gayguy17

Montreal offers you a wide choice of accommodations. You can stay in a four star Hotel like, The Sheraton; The Ritz Carlton; The Hilton Bonaventure; or Montreal's grand dame, The Queen Elizabeth Hotel, just to name a few. But let me say, that you can rely on great service and wonderful restaurants in all these Hotels. In addition to upscale Hotels you will find the chains that are more reasonably priced for families. There are several Holiday Inns, there's one right at the Airport, Quality Inns, Best Westerns, most North American National chains have Hotels in the Montreal and surrounding areas. Montreal and nearby towns also offer Bed and Breakfasts, Inns, Youth Hostels and of course Camping grounds.

avoid at all cost

by TripAdvisor Member Cara007

Worst hotel we have ever stayed at. We were put in a smoking room despite our booking clearly read non-smoking. Upon arrival we even double-checked at the front desk and were assured that the room was indeed non-smoking which turned out not to be the case. The staff is unfriendly and not up to the job. The breakfast had a very small selection of choiches, one of them cooked (not fried) bacon. Stay away and avoid at all cost. There are many much better hotels in Montreal with better locations at the same price.

Good Hotel, Good Service

by TripAdvisor Member DUpton

I selected this hotel for its location relative to a Trade Show I was attending for the week. The hotel was nice and the accommodations were fine. The service though, made a great impression on me. The staff was helpful and pleasant to deal with.

I was upgraded to the executive floor which came with FREE High Speed Internet. There were no connection problems or special log in procedures to deal with. This was a very nice amenity.

The location had very convenient access to both the subway system and railway station. The underground shopping and dining areas were also accessible. The Old Port area of the city was a quick cab ride or nice walk away. The famed Crescent Street is the same, but for safety sake, after dark travel should be by cab.

Only a couple of things to keep in mind when selecting this hotel:
1.PARKING-Parking anywhere of interest in this city is next to impossible; this goes for the hotel as well. There are 2 choices and neither are cheap. The Self Park is 4 to 6 levels underground with tight turns and tight spaces. There are no signs telling you that they only accept Visa or MasterCard- NO AMEX.
2.Once you get to the lobby, there are no more elevators. You will have to manage your luggage up and down stairs, but the stairs are not that steep or high. I was able to do this with no problems with my 1 bag.

There is a heated pool, which is nice in the middle of the city.

Overall, it was a good hotel and I would stay here again for a Trade Show.

What a great place to stay!!!

by TripAdvisor Member FREQUENT-FLYAH

We stayed here this past Memorial Day weekend and THIS PLACE WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! The hotel itself had an eastern (feng shui) look to and feel to it. It was very inviting and immaculately clean.

The staff was EXTREMELY accommodating when we requested to see other rooms so that we could choose one that best suited our fancy. We choose one on the third level overlooking the beautifully serene garden. The room was ample in size and came with the standard amenities one would expect (super comfortable king size bed, mini-bar, TV; recliner, etc)

Room service was great and the restaurant food was delicious (averaging about $10 US dollars/ entree). Just be prepared that the restaurant stops serving food at 11pm and last call for drinks is midnight.

Nevertheless, everything and everyone that worked there gave the impression of a very high-class hotel.

Looking for a hotel suggestion

by JayGatsby951

Hi All,

It's time for me to escape the U.S. once again and this time I'm going to Montreal- Ca sera fantastique!

Can anyone suggest a clean, comfortable hotel that is relatively close to the airport? It doesn't have to be particularly fancy- I'm looking to keep the price below around $100/night (in Canadian dollars)

Thanks very much,

Jay

actualy the holiday inn NEXT to the airport is under 100$

by Reverend

Also, check out the Hilton out at the airport, Hilton Montreal Aeroport. As I remember it was really quite reasonable and it's far enough away from the airport that the noise doesn't bother guests. The shuttle only takes about 3 min. to the airport too.

Re: Re: Looking for a hotel suggestion

by Deus_ultima

The Hilton may be closed thought because they are completely redoing it... I'll pass by it tonight and see.
;)

But on Cote-de-liesse (close road next to airport) there are a few cheap but good ones..)

by CarolR

Have you considered a B&B? Montreal has many in all price ranges ... and a google search can put you in touch with many web sites. My husband and I stayed at a charming place last April (A la Cocque) and loved it.
Bon chance!

Re: Re: Looking for a hotel suggestion

http://www.montrealplus.ca should do..

by JayGatsby951

Thanks very much everyone for your helpful advice!

Jay