Hilton Montreal Laval

More about Montreal

Cirque du Soleil FinaleCirque du Soleil Finale

In Chinatown.In Chinatown.

Map of the Underground CityMap of the Underground City

Notre Dame Basilica, at la Place d'ArmesNotre Dame Basilica, at la Place d'Armes

Rent a car in Canada

by edvin_br

Hello everyone!

Im planning a trip to Canada in the next few weeks. I will be based in Montreal but I also want to visit some other parts of the country so I need a ride.
Does anyone know some rent a car companies in Montreal with reasonable prices?

Edvin

by pfsmalo

Hi,

I rented at Montreal airport in 2005, it was with Entreprise, which was reasonable up to a point. The prices won't be any good today but one thing I do remember is that they make you pay a surcharge on insurance if you're taking the vehicle into Ontario or a different province than Quebec. In 2005 it was around 100/110 $can so quite a lump.

by Jefie

I usually go with Entreprise as well (http://www.enterpriserentacar.ca/car_rental/home.do), they're a bit cheaper and the cars are nice.

by edvin_br

Thanks!!
I checked the site of enterprise and they have pretty good offers so I think i'll take it.. :]

Travel Tips for Montreal

Michael and I at 3 Brasseurs restaurant

by windoweb

My favorite memory of this lovely city is walking the streets and seeing the old buildings with my husband Michael. We walked and took the Metro to get from one place to another. We did take a taxi once to get to the casino. We ate lunch at open window cafes two days while we were there. It is an easy city to navigate and I would recommend this trip. The photo below is of Michael and I at 3 Brasseurs restaurant.

1658 St-Denis St.
Montreal, Quebec
Tel: 514.845.1660
Fax: 514.845.0515

Summer: go to the Tam Tams on...

by Jesus_2001

Summer: go to the Tam Tams on the mountain on Sundays.

Winter: get outta dodge! It gets cold! One of my favorite things about the city is its ability to morph into any other city in the world. I gues thats why the world wnats to film here. Its just beautiful everywhere.

Vieux Montreal (or Old Town of Montreal)

by Paul2001

For many North Americans Vieux Montreal is the closest that they will get the European atmosphere. This old town of one of North America's oldest towns has been handsomely restored in an attempt to make it look like it did in the 18th century. Vieux Montreal caters to the tourists' taste. It full of decent restaurants, cafes and bars. It is also home to the rather aged Hotel de Ville (City Hall) and the Basilique Notre-Dame which probably the most beautiful place of worship that I visited in Canada.

Place des Arts - Theatre Maisonneuve (1967)

by yooperprof

A vital part of the Place des Arts is the large scale building that houses the Theatre Maisonneuve. The theatre seats 1500 people with a classic proscenium stage format. It was designed by the local architectural firm of David, Barott & Boulva, and opened in 1967 - in time for the famous "Expo" of that year. The structure certainly presents a facade in keeping the stark brutalism of so much 1960s design - although I've read that inside the theatre, the acoustics and sight-lines are excellent. Stll, it's not exactly an inviting structure!

CJAD 800 - Montreal Talk Radio

by rmdw

Whenever I move to a new city, or even stay in one for an extended period, I like to listen to the local talk radio stations to get a feel for what makes the place tick.

In Montreal, the english talk station to listen to is CJAD 800 on the AM band. It has a marvellous selection of personalities:

- Andrew "Mr. Nice Guy" Carter in the early morning. Why this fellow hasn't run for politics is beyond me!

- Gruff but hilarious Tommy Schnurmacher from 9 to noon. Somebody can't stand him but his politics & mine are pretty similar so I enjoy his rants with great delight!

- Husband & wife team, Kevin Holden & Trudie Mason, in the early afternoon. From all accounts they're a happily married couple but the "debates" they get in with each other sometimes are real "doozies"!

- Affable Ric Peterson on the drive-home show.

- Eramelinda Boquer & Al Gravelle in the 8 - 10pm slot. These two are perhaps my all time favourites because they don't ever hesitate to speak what's on their mind and each have a terrific sense of humour!

- Peter Anthony Holder ends the day between 11pm - 2am. His show is the most varied of all, entertaining the night owls of Montreal with a potpourri of varied entertainment.

You can listen live at www.cjad.com

Comments