Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montreal Centre-Ville

Holiday Inn Express Montreal Centre-Ville
IHG Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• Hijazistani's Profile Photo

Great location and clean.

My family and I stayed there for the New Year and it was quite an amazing hotel. It was very
    comfortable to move around major important locations in Montreal without getting lost since the
    hotel is in a good location.

Unique Quality: The food was good as well as the bed was very comfortable.

Directions: In the heart of China Town and also near Old Montreal.

• KernelPanic's Profile Photo

Love the in-room high-speed internet connection

I recommend this place, especially if you want to cook and do your own dishes. Not too far from St. Laurent, just walk and enjoy the ambience. The patio overlooking Rene Levesque is a plus. The bedroom is a little small, but I don't mind. Forget about the complimentary continental breakfast.

Unique Quality: High-speed internet connection in every room is great.

Directions: Between St. Laurent & Elizabeth...

• XKuger's Profile Photo

Nice Downtown Hotel

This is a nice hotel in the heart of down town with nice spacious rooms. The rooms are suites that are equipped with a refrigrator, dish washer, Stove, Toster, coffee machine etc.

Large rooms with two queen beds. They also provided a complementary breakfast that was crappy. The croisants were hard and the coffee was crappy.

However the location of the hotel in downtown and the price are a good bargain

Unique Quality: The Location and large rooms are the most unique qualities of the hotel.

Directions: Downtown Montreal

More about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Montreal Centre-Ville

Weekend Getaway in Montreal

I booked this hotel on expedia.com for $70 USD and we stayed from Fri-Sunday. I was a little nervous to see the condition of the hotel for that price, but I was happy with the hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean. There is a full kitchen, living room, and bedroom. There are 2 TVs and a deck, even though the view wasn't very nice. The bathroom was large and the water pressure in the shower was great. The breakfast wasn't anything more than bagels, cereal, and waffles but it was a nice, quick bite to eat that started off the day. The front desk were helpful with directions and spoke English very well. The location wasn't in the best area but you could walk to many attractions.
However, if you want to be closer to the bars on Crescent St., this hotel is about a half hour walk. I would recommend this hotel but if I went to Montreal again, I would probably stay a little closer to Crescent and the better part of St. Catherine St.

Great suite

by TripAdvisor Member vegan1975

We stayed here for a few nights in April 2004. The 1 bedroom suite was bigger than many apartments with full-sized kitchen (stove, microwave, dishwasher, utensils and pots with deposit etc.). The staff was friendly and the room was very clean. We backed onto the courtyard so the view was rather boring. The hotel was difficult to find and we drove right passed it on the first run. Valet parking was really the only option since many streets have signs forbidding overnight parking (and apparently the neighbourhood isn't the best). Would stay again if the rates were similar ($99 CAD off season) although i might try to find a place where the parking wasn't so costly ($14/night).

Excellent suites, great value

I spent three nights here recently and I think the rooms are exceptional value for the price paid. The suites have a seperate bedroom from the kitchen/family rooms. The kitchen is spacious and functional - you could stay here on business for weeks and it would serve you well.
The rooms are very comfortable, there's two tv's, my room had a sunny balcony, and there's a desk to work at. Free continental breakfast is a nice touch, although it does get very busy down there and the selection is generally yogurt / muffins, with a toast machine (so get in quick!) Front desk was friendly. Would definitely stay again for the price (around $US90).

Hotel Suites Le Faubourg: A great place all-around

I read all the glowing reviews of this place and was initially sceptical, but at $106US per night through Expedia I thought "what the hell." Well, it turns out that the place met my every expectation, and was actually quite a deal compared to some of the more expensive hotels I looked at while in Montreal.

Some hotels have a worn look around the edges--fraying armchairs, spotted carpet, scratched walls--but this place is not one of them. The rooms are very clean and nicely furnished, from the handy kitchen area to the big bathrooms. There were some nice complimentary soaps and big white towels. The kitchen has everything you need to prepare a meal with groceries from the nearby IGA, which stocks beer, wine, and some nice gourmet foods.

If you have a kid or two, the separate bedroom is a great thing to have. Both the bedroom and the living room have full-cable television, including a number of kids' channels.

The staff was very helpful and friendly throughout our stay, and at 14.00 a day, the valet parking is a deal, considering it costs about that much to park in other lots around the area. You might find a spot on a distant street if you don't mind hauling your bags, but there seemed to be lots of parking restrictions in the neighborhood.

The reviewers who complain about the neighborhood are overreacting, and obviously haven't done much walking around in a major city. Getting to one of the four nearby Metro stops (St. Laurent) requires walking past a few derelict buildings and peep show shops, and maybe a few grubby-looking folks, but my wife and our toddler did the five-minute walk nine or ten times, once late at night after an Expos game, and at no time did I feel remotely unsafe. There's always plenty of people out and about, and very few of them appear to be homeless. If you're pushing a baby stroller in this city, pedestrians and other drivers will bend over backward to accommodate you.

A Pleasant Surprise!

by TripAdvisor Member huck1231

After reading the many reviews posted here, I expected to have a nice stay at Hotel-Suites Le Faubourg, but once I arrived and saw my room I was utterly surprised at just how clean and well-kept the hotel appeared. It exceeded my expectations.

I highly recommend staying here.

I wish this was my apartment

My husband took me Montreal for my birthday and we had the pleasure of staying here.

We took Amtrak up there, great scenery. This hotel is exactly 15mins walk from the station and about 6 blocks from the old city. This hotel room is the cleanest I have seen. This place is huge. We had a one bedroom suite. My goodness; it’s like having an apartment [the rooms are bigger then most one bedroom apartments in NY]. Very spacious; separate kitchen [You can cook a gourmet meal in there], large bathroom[enough space to take a bath] and even a living room [where you can relax and watch what you want, while you significant other is in the bedroom watching what they want] with internet and cable access. We had a view of the old city from our room beautiful!!!

This was a wonderful experience cannot wait to return. Highly Recommend!!

Bonjur!

by Inspector77

Ah Quebec, this is a wounderfull province in Canada, the french influence is awsome if you like that kind of thing. The food is spectacular the hotels are clean (Hampton's, Holiday Inn's), Montreal is a blast, I would go again, and again... Current visits I have made are for work but time on the side to explore is highly recomended....The International fire works at La Rond are spectacular.....

Comments