Hotel 7 Saisons

The EcomuseeThe Ecomusee

Paul Chomedey de Maisonneuve statuePaul Chomedey de Maisonneuve statue

Sighseeing tour

by pcg821

Is there a hop on hop off tour around Montreal?If so where can you get on ?

Re: Sighseeing tour

by chipsbc

I would look at the Metro in Montreal as an alternative. Use their map to plan your route and you can get to a lot of places very quickly. We often spend most of the day walking and don't even bother with transit. http://metrodemontreal.ca/en/

Re: Sighseeing tour

by johngayton

Yes definitely follow the advice above - between the Metro and the RESO you can get pretty much anywhere of interest around Montreal. For an excellent, unofficial, Metro guide try www.metrodemontreal.com

Enjoy Montreal!

Travel Tips for Montreal

Sunday Morning in Montreal-What's That I Hear?

by spgood301

On my first morning in Montreal, I heard this band playing off in the distance. I follwed the sound to this Canadian military band, who were just out there playing. They then took to marching across Rue St-Catherine. One of those unexpected pleasures.

try to see evrything.
I live...

by maryusafl

try to see evrything.
I live in Montreal, but for me everytime I go out it'S like im traveling,Montreal is a very cultural city, with about maybe 30% of the city that are immigrants we have no choice us Montrealers to be open to new culture .Montreal as any type of food you want to eat from Russian to Swiss and a lot of Asian food. Montreal is great because it's big but not too big and not too small. We have a Chinatown of course nothing to compare to San Francisco but we still have a small and cute one. We have an amusement park, Old Montreal, The Subway wich make Montreal so accessible because you can get anywhere with it.

Tourist Information

by jamiesno

Right off of St. Catherine's you will find a tourist information centre. I just went in for a quick look and it thorough with plenty of staff to help you out if you can't find what your looking for on my site :-)

Montreal Tip

by Kindra

There are so many bridges in Montreal- but take it from my friend Jen, (Jennifer_W on VT) do not attempt to walk across one of them! You might want to ask her yourself exactly why we have come to that conclusion :). Sunsets and the bridges are beautiful: le crepescule et un pont...

Typical Fast food

by wahine76

I recommend you try at least once our typical fast food which is called "Poutine". Its only in Quebec.

It might sound gross, but people just love it here, and I have never met anyone who didnt like poutine. Poutine is actually fries, with gravy and curd cheese. There are other kinds like the "italian poutine" which is made with fries, spaghetti sauce and curd cheese.

All the fast food joints offer poutine including "Burger King" and "McDonald's". But the best place to get it is at a "Belle Province" restaurant.

Comments