Hotel De Paris Montreal

See Amenities

A home away from home!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 5, 2008

This little hotel in downtown Montreal was comfortable, clean and very inviting. The staff made my stay particularly welcoming and found them to be extremely helpful. Hotel de Paris is located right on Sherbrooke Street in what they consider the Plateau area. There is a beautiful park a block away as well as a selection of restaurants and shops on St-Denis. Montreal is such a beautiful city!

Unique Quality: The staff addressed me by name. Internet access and continental breakfast was free! On the lower level of the hotel, there is a high end youth hostel.

Directions: Downtown

Stay FAR FAR AWAY!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 5, 2006

After making a reservation with the Hotel de Paris more then a month and a half ago and receiving a confirmation from their website, I assumed that my vacation in Montreal would go with out a hitch.

Upon checking in, I tell the person at the desk that I have a reservation for the superior Queen Room in Annex 1. He then asks me if I want sheets...silly question of course! I then ask if the hotel de Paris was a hotel, to which he replies yes, but they also have a hostel. (What kind of hotel is “3 Star” and has a hostel?) Anyway, the "concierge" proceeds to search for my reservation everywhere but the computer and informs me that he couldn't find my reservation and that the hotel was completely booked.

After almost 3 hours of trying to find us a room, the person at the desk finally called the Sam W, who I assume is the owner of the hotel. Sam W, instructed the person at the desk to find us a room in another hotel. The first “hotel” was Hotel de la Cassa. If this location is comparable to the Hotel de Paris then they really should remodel. We needed two rooms and there was only one, so we had to return to the Hotel de Paris. Upon seeing us again, the person at the desk called back Sam W. After several minutes of them conversing Sam W promised that they would find us a room in another hotel and that the Hotel de Paris would pick up the difference. All we would have to do is call the manager Monday morning Hector Z. This was an obvious lie, because upon checking out of the hotel that they found for us on Monday, we called the manager Hector Z and he proceeded to say that Sam W had never spoken to him and that it wasn’t his problem and that the reservation that I had made was through an independent web-site; not true at all since I went to the Hotel de Paris website and made the reservation through them and received a confirmation through the Hotel.

I am unsure why the Hotel de Paris is so highly rated. I would really think twice before staying here.

Unique Quality: Rude and unhelpful manager, owner, and "concierge"

Blatherwick's Profile Photo

Decent Affordible Accomodations

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 24, 2005

This place is fairly good due to its central location near Rue St. Denis and its cheap prices. This is actually both a hotel and a hostel. The hostel beds are $19 Cdn (2005) and are clean. Dorm rooms are 10 bed same sex type deals and the company in my room was pretty decent. On the other side are the hotel rooms which start out at $59 Cdn at low season. The reception is open 24/7 and security seemed to be good (nothing stolen). Overall, a good cheap place to stay near all the action.

hotel

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 15, 2004

This is both an hotel and youth hostel.

The outside look is way better that what you find inside. Staff is rude and not helpul.

Unique Quality: Only advantage: close to the Village and Downtown Montreal.

Directions: 901 sherbrookestreet east

beccabug's Profile Photo

Hotel de Paris

by written on September 8, 2002

Average price is $80 Canadian a night.

Unique Quality: This hotel is an old house from the late 1800's, that's been converted into a hotel. The rooms are very small but clean. We weren't in Montreal to hangout in our hotel room so this was ok. Each room had air conditioning, a small tv and a bathroom/shower. (This place is a step up from a hostel, but comfortable and still affordable. -also affiliated with a hostel)

SueRivet's Profile Photo

Hotel de Paris

by written on August 25, 2002

In 6/02 we paid CA$95 plus tax for a triple (one full, one twin) with attached bath.

Unique Quality: pleasant mid-range hotel, walking distance from Rue St. Denis several dozen ethnic restaurants

Nearby Hotel De Paris Montreal

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Montreal Travel Forum

Need advice about Montreal, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Montreal and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Montreal hotel reviews

Holiday Inn Select Montreal Centre Ville
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Hotel Intercontinental Montreal
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 7 Reviews
CLOSED Holiday Inn - Montreal (Midtown)
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews