449 Sainte-Helene, Montreal, Quebec, H2Y 2K9, Canada

Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

Hotel Gault

Unique Quality: 30 room trendy hotel. Modern IKEA-like furnishings. Rate includes breakfast.
    Corner rooms are 450 sq ft and include heated bathroom floors, dvd/cd players, & broadband internet access. Hotel tends to host daytime fashion and photo shoots.

• excentrus's Profile Photo

Ultra chic in red-hot Old Montreal

I can't resist. Even though it is expensive, this hotel is in the avant-garde of all the new boutique hotels in Old Montreal. I can't afford to stay there...so you might as well. It is a beautifully renovated 19th century building. There are 30 loft-style rooms bathed in sunlight. Check out the ergonomic chair.

Unique Quality: Try to get one of the rooms on the top floor....with a terrace. Simple but refined elegance. Hey, I should get paid for this!

Directions: Old Montreal

More about Hotel Gault

by TripAdvisor Member FredBaxter

My wife Lili and I just returned from a charming Easter Weekend in Francophone Montreal at the excellent Hotel Gault.

What everyone says about the breakfast is true: Wow. The buffet alone is outstanding with offerings of pate, cheeses, fruits and croissants. But then you get an additional choice of offerings from the menu which are terrific.

Lili and I send along personal thanks to outstanding staff Caroline and Dominique who gracefully hosted us. Caroline printed out individual informative reports on local bakeries, restaurants, museums, and shopping. Caroline made terrific dinner reservations and answered all of our endless questions with a smile.

We found the room decore to be aesthetically interesting AND comfortable which is rare for that modern-design look. We had room 430 which is one of the rooms with a stand-alone bath tub -- well worth it.

The hotel is located in what is termed "old Montreal" which has the feeling of a Tribeca or Soho which is in the process of being gentrified. The neighborhood is centrally located to points of interest, nearby the metro and offers very cool shopping and two great boulangeries.

One other quick note: I am an avid reader and huge fan of books and magazines on architecture, photography and interior design. There is an entire library to this effect replete with fireplace.

We will definitely stay there again.

Hotel Gault WONDERFUL

A business/pleasure trip took me to the Hotel Gault in April 2005. What a wonderful place to stay ! I travel a great deal, especially in eastern Canada. Hotel Gault will be my first choice in Montreal. The staff made me feel like a family member. Andre is magnificent and very helpful. The staff is multi-lingual and patient and helpful in such matters.
The rooms are very cleverly designed and are comfortable, attractive and accomodating. The location in Oldtown gives very good access to business, travel and entertainment needs. Ask Andre anything and he will help. I suggest diner at Restaurant Laloux.
Stay at Hotel Gault and you will certainly enjoy your business or pleasure visit. It is smaller than most luxury hotels. That adds to the comfort and personal touch. Compared to Sutton Place (Toronto) or Chateau Lorier in Ottawa, the Hotel Gault has the same comfort and accomodtions, but they are applied in a more personal way.

loved the Gault

by TripAdvisor Member linza1

I stayed at Hotel Gault for one night and did not want to leave, definately worth the money. The service was better then excellent!!! Great very spacious rooms and as soon as you think of something you need that you forgot they have it. I highly recommend hotel Gault to anyone traveling for business or pleasure.

In a heartbeat

Especially for our first trip to Montreal, the Hotel Gault was a friendly, sophisticated home I would go back to again and again. The building's modern furnishings are balanced beautifully by the original facade, the food is delicious, and the staff is unparalleled in their helpfulness and charm. It's located in one of the most interesting parts of the city.

Near perfection

by TripAdvisor Member RossNaples

Hotel Gault, picked for our getaway weekend due to raves in Trip Advisor, lived up to its billing. Funky, friendly, great breakfasts, romantic, quiet room,very helpful staff. First rate in every way.

The Best Hotel in Montreal!

by TripAdvisor Member dcast79

Our experience at Hotel Gault has been great from start to finish. First of all, when we got to the hotel, we found out that we had been upgraded to a larger room for no additional charge. The room was wonderful- huge, clean, stylish, excellent bed and linens, high-tech tv and sound system, wonderful bathroom with a large bathtub, etc, etc... The staff could not be more helpful and nice and went out of their way to make sure that our stay was pleasant. The breakfast (which was inclued in the price) was wonderful as well, it included a very nice buffet as well as a hot selection which was not only delicious but also presented in a very beautiful way.
I have stayed in another high-end hotel in Montreal, but this one is by far much better. I can't wait to go back!

A 4* hotel with a 5* service

by TripAdvisor Member FranceSandrine

We stayed at the hotel for 1 night after reading reviews and where severly impressed.
We stayed for 7 nights at the Auberge Saint Antoine in Quebec, which was lacking service and cleanliness and it was a bliss when we arrived by taxi at the hotel Gault. The staff rushed to carry our suitcases-they were so fast the cab driver did not have time to get off the car.
The check-in was effortless - they even asked us where we were going to eat as it was Valentine's day and immediatly booked us in a restaurant that was excellent.
The bedroom was awsome
The breakfast was out of this world by the quality and the presentation. And it is included in the price of the room! we asked to have it delivered to our room (for only 5 CAD) and it was served on a table! amazing
We sadly left - especially as it costed much less than the St Antoine (a rip off) and we felt at home.

For great hotel, go no further

by TripAdvisor Member DrewTO

I just spent an incredible weekend in Montreal and stayed three nights at the Hotel Gault.

The staff, the room, the food, attention to detail was beyond expectations. I really was sad when we checked out, although they even did a great job on that as well by bringing the car to the front and loading our baggage while we ate a delicious breakfast.

The room was spacious, beautifully decorated, lots of light and the heated bathroom floor was a treat.

The bed was super comfortable and everything was very clean. They had prepared flowers for my fiancee prior to our arrival.

There was a minor detail however. there was a noise from the vent overhead that sounded like dripping water in the duct. It wasn't often and I tuned it out after a bit but was a little annoying. I never bothered to say anything so I won't fault them for it and might have been specific to the room.

After a long day of walking the streets of montreal one evening, we rented movies and they made popcorn and tea for us to enjoy. They quickly brought it to our room and set the tv and brought in the munchies.

The staff, by the way, were the most helpful, nicest people. They always, genuinely, smiled and wished us a good evening/day when we passed by or asked how things were. It prompted me to send them a thank you note upon my return.

I'll be back next time I'm in Montreal on vacation.

Thanks hotel gault for a memorable weekend.

Comments