Hotel Intercontinental Montreal

InterContinental Montreal
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Great hotel

We stayed there only one night but were very pleased with the hotel. The lobby and rooms were very nice and warm.

Unique Quality: Our room was in a corner of the building so we had a great view over montreal. There was also a mall adjacent to the lobby were we could see a part of the Berlin Wall, it was prety interesting.

• kellibaugh's Profile Photo

Montreal's best Hotel for Great Price and location

The Intercontinental in Montreal is the place to stay on all accounts. If you want climbing, you can walk to Mont Royal in the middle of the city, which from our hotel was about 4 Km. After hiking, you can come back down the hill and go shopping at 4-5 major shopping centers. Dinner in Old Montreal starts two blocks in back of the hotel. Lost count of the number of restaurants. But we ate Polish Cabbage rolls and wild boar; chicken parmigian to die for; basque influenced fare; real fondue both cheese and chocolate; and our favorite, Boris Bistro. The Metro stop is next door to the hotel, easy to understand and takes you to wonderful places like the Botanical Gardens and Sectorium; the train station three blocks away; and the staff lovely. Fresh flowers everywhere. Lovely spacious rooms and discrete services. Gorgeous decor, befitting a world class city.

Unique Quality: From our room, you could see everywhere. But most stellar was the view of the park across the street. I have never seen anything like it. Toward dusk, the shrub covered myriad walk ways defined with seating throughout, begin to emit a mist that feels like fog in London as seen in 1940's Hollywood's best black and white genre, creating mystery, romance, and seduction. After the fog lifts, the 15' circumference fountain at the end of the walkway, begins to also emit a fog. The tall statueque sculpture in the middle stops spouting water and then you see the beginning of a fire ring, IN THE FOUNTAIN, that is circling the middle ring, You can't believe your eyes. The mist increases and fire shoots out. What a sight.

Directions: Downtown Montreal, bordering Old Town and the Notre Dame Basilica and Waterfront.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

Great upscale accomodations

The intercontinental is a great business class hotel in the international district of Montreal. Its a short walk to the old city or chinatown area. The subway can be reached via interconnecting tunnels

• 2Peter's Profile Photo

Okay hotel

This property is very nice, however, there is a long road from a good hotel to a great one, and Intercontinental is just a good one. We move here from Novotel and stayed 4 nights starting 7/1/05. The hotel, as it was mentioned many times, is well located, walking distance to the old town, banks, shopping and restaurants. This is a big place, 26 floors I believe, 2 restaurants, shops, spa and lots more. The restaurants appeared to us upscale and overpriced, so we decided to eat down the street at many of the great restaurants of the old town. We got a room on the 18th floor with a view of an interior brick wall plus the window of an adjacent room. Our room was clean, the furniture was nice, and the bed was comfortable. Good size bathroom but in great need of a renovation. The wallpaper was pealing in a couple of places, the shower head was shooting water in all directions and the tub plug was hard to keep it open, I took all my showers in ankle deep water. Nice toiletries though. The concierge desk staff was professional but unfriendly. They shove a bad Xeroxed copy of Montreal in your face and mark where you want to go. The front desk people were the same, short and to the point, no unnecessary smiles or pleasantries. As I mention, this is a nice hotel in a great area that anyone should consider for a business or pleasure trip.

• Jennyjump79's Profile Photo

Good Last Minute Internet Deal

After losing our hostel booking at the last minute, I booked at the Hotel Intercontinental within 24 hours of arrival. Very swanky hotel, with it's own link to the underground malls and metro stations. Very convenient location, too.

However, this area gets empty at night. It's at least a five minute walk to the nearest sign of nightlife and the hotel piano bar (music only on Fridays) was dead empty when I stopped in.

Directions: Metro-- Square Victoria

• ox4rd's Profile Photo

Very Nice

Got a great rate via the internet (priorityclub.com) at $175 CAN. We checked in late and the room we got was beautiful but the view and window was severely reduced due to the layout of the building. The staff was extremely and helpful and upgraded us (for a very low fee) to the Club level which included free continental breakfast and free wine, bee, soda, and snacks during happy hour. Excellent location. Took cab rides to all points of the city and each ride was about $6 CAN. Parked our car in the garage directly under the hotel for $19 Day. Would definately stay here again.

Unique Quality: Fitness Center was fully equipped with euro style machines dumbells fron 5-40 lbs. There is a steam room and sauna in each locker room and an indoor lappool with a nice roof top view. Wish they had a hot tub, but the do offer massages.

Nice place, great staff.

Directions: Business district but very close too Old Montreal.

• Justicio's Profile Photo

The Hotel Intercontinental is...

The Hotel Intercontinental is a lovely place and offers very competitive rates (for a 5 Star Hotel) on the weekends, because it's in the business district.

Unique Quality: The breakfast buffet is terrific...($40CAD per person, but well worth it!)

More about Hotel Intercontinental Montreal

InterContinental - So awefull it hurts!

Dust bunnies on the curtains and brown stains on the bathroom floor.
Let me know if you want to see the pics of these.

This hotel is far from the 4-star rating that it claims to be.

The reception staff left me totally unimpressed and questioning my own value as a human being - let alone as a customer paying $250+ per night.

disappointing for an Intercontinental

by TripAdvisor Member Cambridgtravler

I have stayed at other Intercontinentals and they are generally luxury hotels with excellent service. This was more pedestrian (maybe more like a Sheraton). The building is new and doesn't have much character. The lobby is small and not impressive. We had a suite which had lovely big windows and a nice bathroom. The concierge gave us a good steer on a restaurant for dinner. This hotel is convenient to the Old City which is why I chose it. WHen I made the reservation, the web site listed a special weekend deal, but said you had to phone the hotel direct. When I called, I had to argue very forcefully to get the special rate (they said it didn't apply to them because they were in Canada; I pointed out that the special was listed on the Montreal IC web site, not the general Holiday Inn/Intercontinental webh site). At this price point I would not stay here again.

Comfy and quiet for the business traveller

by TripAdvisor Member Mel_CA

This is a great hotel if you are in Montreal for business. It's close to all the business amenities, but little shopping. The rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable. The door staff was friendly, but I found the front desk staff aloof and not very helpful.

If you're just looking for a place to sleep before or after a business meeting, then it's perfect. However, I would not recommend it for a holiday or shopping getaway.

Lovely stay at the Intercontinental

by TripAdvisor Member u2greek

Stayed at the Intercontinental during a Memorial day weekend trip to Montreal with my new fiancee (I proposed to her during the trip).

The room was very nice and clean and offered a very nice view of Montreal to the north/west, including Mont Royal. Bathroom was very spacious and included both a bathtub and an enclosed shower. The room had all the usual amenities.

Staff was courteous, especially the doormen and the valet employees.

The hotel was within a short walking distance to all the Old Town attractions, as well as St. Catherines' shops and Crescent St. cafes/pubs. You can also get to the Metro wihtout leaving the building - a plus during a rainy night (although its not too easy to find).

Negatives - parking for the hotel was nine levels below, as the parking is used for commercial business space. Valet employees were also not accessible late at night.

Overall, we would definitely stay at the Intercontinental again on my next visit.

Comments