1100 rue de la montagne, Montreal, H3G 0A1, Canada

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Hotel Le Crystal

NOT A HOSPITALITY QUALITY, MORE SERVICED APARTMENT LIKE

by TripAdvisor Member modtraveler

The location is pretty good. Room is spacious with separate kitchen/living area. There was a construction at the time we stayed. It started pretty early around 7AM and the whole room was vibrating and noisey. The concierge is not experienced. If you are looking for a place to relax with great concierge service, this is not the right hotel. For corporate stay, this will be ideal.

Good hotel for business travellers

by TripAdvisor Member Jordache1

I stayed here for 4 nights is May 2008. I had room number 810. As the other people have said it was a fabulous room. It was a little on the dark side and certainly felt very corporate rather than relaxing. Beds are very comfortbale but have one of those annoying wooden skirts bits which I kept hitting my shins on.

The staff were very efficient and very friendly. I had a problem with my air conditioning and when they couldn't fix it straight away they moved my room with no fuss.

The room prices were worth every penny but the hotel itself I felt was expensive - the resturant and cafe for example.

The pool and spa were great but I didn't have time to use them.

Room service was not vry good (i.e. limited choice) and wasn't 24 hours which was a pain.

The hotel is all non-smoking.

I wouldn't stay here again myself but hat's because I want hotel with a vibe and it didn't have one but for business travellers it would be perfect - as long as they didn't want 24 hour room service.

Loved the bathroom

by TripAdvisor Member I-dream-of-clubclass

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for comfort in a great location. The superior room is a good size and the bathroom in particular is well stocked with generous Molton Brown products and plenty of towels (always a good sign). We didn't try the restaurant and couldn't find the bar (if there is one) so can't comment on that. Staff were friendly enough.

My only complaint was the drilling and hammering that started at 7 in the morning which was too early by anyones standards. We also could not find the do not disturb sign until the last day (it's a button by the door!)

All in all, a lovely place to stay and the location is perfect.

Simply Awesome at the price

by TripAdvisor Member MO_79

We spent 2 nights towards the end of May 08. I was expecting some kind of 'catch' given the price and pictures, but I was truly pleasantly suprised.

The lobby is every but as oppulent as in the pictures, and the rooms excellently appointed with modern furnishings. A great bathroom with a double wash basin, lovely shower and a great deep bath.
The little kitchenette was great, as we were travelling with my 1 year old daughter.

Other good features, free internet access in the business centre and lovely views from the enclosed pool on the 3rd floor.

Would definitely stay again

Loved Le Crystal

by TripAdvisor Member Keats575

From the fresh contemporary decor, to the helpful and polite staff, to the fabulous bathrooms, this hotel was a constant delight.

The hotel's location couldn't be better. It's close to downtown shopping and the Bell Centre; Place des Arts is a little farther, but still within comfortable walking distance.

The rooms are tastefully appointed, spacious, and very clean. The bathrooms feel luxurious with a rain shower and telephone shower combination, lots of thick towels, and generous supplies of fantastic Molton Brown products.

The housekeeping staff was amazing in every way. They were efficient, courteous, and polite. The concierge and front desk staff were friendly and more than happy to provide assistance. If you're looking for a hotel with a suited doorman, this isn't it; the service at this hotel is prompt, polite, and understated.

Brand New Luxury Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BWM&LJM

What a great find... Brand new hotel with great location. Great dining and Old Montreal all with in a short walk. Hotel staff extrememly helpful and courteous. As I was concerned about the language barrier between French and English, all staff members spoke both (Actually most people in the city speak both). The subway system is also easy to navigate and safe.

Room was pleasantly "European" in decor. Bathroom was extremely large and spotless. Large flat screen tv's and compimentary espresso machine are nice touches. Pool and outdoor deck on the 12 floor is a great place to view the skyline and watch the sun go down.

We got a good deal from the company website, but imagine the cost will go up as soon as this place catches on with visitors to Montreal. Definitely would stay here again. No complaints...

Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member MedicN

We travel every few months. We love 5 star hotels all over the world, and this hotel did not let us down! You are 2 blocks from shopping and a 15 minute walk from Od Montreal. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. We celebrated my parents anniversary there, and the staff did more than enough to make their stay overly pleasant. The rooms are big, the bathrooms are wonderful, the food was nice (breakfast only). We were in the gym every day and swam tons as well. The gym is small (to be expected), but the equipment is new and in great shape. We do not have one single complaint! We will definitely go back again.

Great

by TripAdvisor Member Jay175

Stayed mid July for 3 nights 2 adults 2 teenagers.

First of all, when booking I taked via email to the head of reservations.... he was fantastic, he even had a cake sent up for my wifes birthday..!!
Everything we asked for was done and the whole hotel is new and very good.

Staff are even better. One slight problem in the room, a member of staff was there in 4 minutes to fix it..!!.

The pool and spa are just as good as the rest, the food is good as well.

If you are looking for a hotel in Montreal stop looking and stay here.

Will be the best in the Downtown Core

by TripAdvisor Member MrWonderfulToronto

The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is that they are still undergoing some growing pains.

Elevator problems and the first night the AC seized.

Nice brasserie and excellent 3 course meal for $25.00

Book it in 3 months. Oct 2008

Shiny and new, with a few flaws

by TripAdvisor Member Dyova

We found a great deal for Le Crystal on Hotwire.com and were very impressed by the design of the place. The location is great, convenient to two metro stations, within 20 min walk of the Old City, one block to the shopping on Ste. Catherine, and if you're in town for a concert or sports, a block from the Bell Centre. The top half of the building is luxury condos; the lower 12 floors are the hotel. Valet parking is available (a bit pricey, and there are numerous lots within a block of the hotel). Wireless internet is available at no extra charge in the rooms.

All the rooms are suites. We had the smallest type, the Urban, which was enormous compared to many city hotel rooms. The bathroom was especially large, with double sinks, a soaking tub, and a large glass shower. The seating area had a convertible sofa; the kitchenette was more than adequate (microwave, sink, refrigerator); the bedroom area was spacious and had its own sliding door, and the bed was firm. There are two TVs (one in the bedroom, another in the seating area), and large windows that open to let in fresh air... although the view on the south-west side of the building is nothing special.

There were a few disappointments about the place. The front desk staff, while friendly, made several significant mistakes during our 3-night stay. They lost a note that was supposed to be waiting for me upon my arrival. When I was unable to find ice on my floor, I phoned the concierge who said they'd send some ice up to my room. After waiting 20+ minutes, I took the ice bucket down to the front desk myself and asked for the ice. The room has an espresso maker with small coffee pods, but these were not replenished each day; I told the front desk in the afternoon of our second day that we were out of coffee, and was assured they'd put some in the room. But as you might have guessed already, we were still out of coffee in the morning so again I had to go to the front desk to ask for something. This lack of follow-through (if not negligence in the case of the lost letter) is simply not befitting a hotel of this caliber. We were also a bit surprised to learn, after the fact, that the hotel charges over $1 per local telephone call.

Overall, Le Crystal is a very nice place and we would consider returning again, but only if I found a bargain rate. I would not be likely to book a room at their regular rates.

Purple EggplantPurple Eggplant

The Cross on the top of hill, a clear sceneThe Cross on the top of hill, a clear scene

Exhibit on the car, and how much it consumesExhibit on the car, and how much it consumes

Renewed auberge in Vieux-MontrealRenewed auberge in Vieux-Montreal

Summer Camps

Hi all,

I would like to know your recommendation of a residential summer camps for kids in montreal...I searched the web,,and there are so many,so what I need to know, is your personal experience.
(my kids are aged 12 & 9 ).
also,would it be ok to enroll them if they have a tourist visa? or I should apply for a student visa?

marimar_72

by Pomerol

We need more info from you. Where are you from? South Africa? Then you should inquire about visa requirements for South African visiting Canada. I don't imagine they need a student visa but then again it depends on how long they are going to stay. Do you want a French summer camp or an English one? What do your kids like? Some camps emphasize sports, others art etc.

Give us a few more tips and I might be able to send you in the right direction.
Cheers,

Richard

thanx rechard,
i should have added...
I am Saudi Arabian,and my kids are English educated.(so it will be easier for them to be in an english speaking camp).
my daughter is a bit over weight and i would like her to be in a camp where they have physical activities.
my son LOVES sports..so i would like them to be one camp...
thanx again.

by bomobob

The YMCA operates Camp Kanawana up near St. Sauveur, and it's one of the oldest summer camps in the country. It's a great camp, and really concentrates on old-school camp activities like hiking, canoing, swimming and so forth. My brother and I both went there for 6-7 years back in the 60s and 70s, and I wouldn't hesitate for second to recommend it.
I can't help on the visa side of things. You'd best check with the Canadian government.

Thank you so much...
yes I have seen YMCA listed..and they gave us an offer for 510 dollars per child...
I think i will start filling the application.
thanx again

by Carmanah

I was going to suggest Camp Nominigue, which is located north of Montreal. However, it's an all-boys camp.

hi again,

i found another summer camp that fits my requirements a bit better than YMCA..
its called Br├ębeuf i hope u have any feed back about it...
and i will need to rent an apartment (fully furnished)which is close to it...to be close to my kids and all.
any recommandations?

by Pomerol

It is more of a summer school for French or English language skills than a summer camp per se but it has a very good reputation.

As for apartments, you shouldn't have too many problems finding one in the general area but hopefully you will get precise instructions from a VT living in the area.

Good luck.