Hotel Le Guilleret

431, St-Vincent, Old Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, H2Y 3A6, Canada

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • Will never go back! poor service, noisy, dirty

We booked the biggest room there (the one with the hot tub) - and thus the most expensive for two nights. We thought this would be a great weekend!
    Though the bed was very comfortable we couldn't sleep all night because there is no insulation between the floors and we could hear people coming in and out of the hotel at all instances of the night. It was just as bad in the morning because the kitchen is also not insulated, so you hear everyone having breakfast. We didn't get much sleep - not for the price we paid that's for sure.
    As for the hot tub in the room - there isn't enough hot water to fill it, so it wasn't really warm. The shower also was not very warm because again - there's not enough hot water. There was also no door to the bathroom.
    The common areas are also dirty, ugly and old. I was not impressed at all.
    The food - it's basically first come first serve! So at 8 am there was nothing left for us to eat. They have limited food! It's a good thing we brought our own.
    We also asked the staff for fire wood (because we had a fire place in the room) and though they said they would bring it for us by the end of the day, we had to go get it ourselves.
    You can't walk with your shoes in the hotel, so you have to wear these disgusting dirty slipers. Very gross.
    The common living room is not nice at all and dirty. The furniture doesn't match and it's really old. For the price we paid, I was very disapointed.
    Also, because the staff is a little off - they instructed me to park my car on a certain street where they said was 'ok and wouldn't receive any parking tickets'. When we returned to the car at the end of the weekend, we had 2 parking violations. Nice! When I asked them to pay for it because it was there mistake in instructing me to park there, they ignored me. Considering I paid them over 300$ for my weekend, they could have paid for their mistake.

I will never go there again! It's not really nice, it's dirty, noisy, breakfast we never had because there is little food, there's not a lot of hot water, and the staff is not good - or you can't find them sometimes.

It also hosts a hostel (same property) and needs to decide if it’s a hostel or a hotel!

Unique Quality: Connected to a hostel, so it is really really noisy. And the food for the bed and breakfast gets eaten up by 8am, so you need to wake up early on your vacation if you want food. Fi you do get up early, there is only 6 chairs to sit in, so we had to eat our breakfast standing up.

Comments