Hotel Le Prestige

12555 Sherbrooke East, Montreal, Quebec, H1B 1C8, Canada

Hotel Le Prestige
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Hotel Le Prestige is not that prestigious...

I have been staying there 3 times in 7yrs when I was visiting Montreal et it's getting worse each time. I won't go there anymore. The first and second time was let's say ok, but the very last time was horrible. George the guy at the front desk is mean, arrogant and not patient at all ( he has dark short hair and dark eyes). He get mad for no valid reasons once he got the money in his hand. The room was not even ready, had to come back twice. You pay 200$ for a suite and you can't open the window to get some fresh air because they are locked like a prison. Once the hotel got your money they don't really care. In the morning before my departuret the police was in front of the lobby. They arrested a scary looking latino guy with tattos and after they hang around in the lobby with him looking for something. The tall young black woman behind the front desk that morning was arrogant and hostile for no valid reasons. The only one good thing was there was a good restaurant beside (St hubert), a grocery and a pharmacy. Other than taht this is not the kind of place I would recommend to families and great people.

Unique Quality: The lobby looks nice and usually seems calm, but you can tell the curtain and sofa are getting older. The reception, lobby and internet centre is all together and is very cold. They could not fix the AC or to put it at lower temperature for some reasons (I had to wear a jacket at the internet desk. They act and think like if it was a very classy hotel, but it's not. The hotel in general is not that clean especially wall, tv and doors. I have seen some damaged in some halls and in my room as well. My room was in fact a suite and was very nice, but not that clean. It was a non smoking room and I saw some cigarette holes on the furniture and the bed cover. The view from my room was not that great since it was on the very first floor, but I could see some pretty threes. The pool is medium size and seems to be clean and quite acceptable, but there was a buch of black guys smoking pot. I decided to watch tv in my room instead.

Directions: Pointe au Tremble area east of Montreal

• Worst experience of life

We booked a room at this "prestigious" hotel for one night over the August long weekend. We should have realized when walking into the lobby that the 4 pan glass window over the reception was probably not a good sign of security but I ignored my better judgment.
    We left our things in our locked room for the day while we enjoyed one of Montreal's famous festivals. To our surprise, when we returned back to our room our luggage was tampered with and valuables stolen.
    Approximately $170 was stolen out from us. After reporting to the findings to the manager, he was utterly rude and not willing to help or ratify the situation.

Please, unless you want your things stolen or tampered with, do not stay at this hotel. We feel utterly violated by the staff at this hotel. By no means should they be called "prestigue" for they are far from it.

Unique Quality: The only thing unique about this hotel is that it is run by dishonest people and thieves. I have never stayed in a more unwelcoming hotel!

Directions: 15 minute drive to the core of Montreal.

Comments