1050 Sherbrooke St. W., Montreal, Quebec, H3A 2R6, Canada

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Fantastic Hotel

This hotel was great from start to finish. My husband and I were there on business but thanks to the fabulous location we were able to endulge in a little fun while we were there. The staff is friendly and professional and the hotel well kept. We had several meals there during our stay and thoroughly enjoyed them all!

Unique Quality: Connected to a great spa and the loacation is fantastic!!

Directions: Sherbrooke Street in the Golden Square Mile

• enofile's Profile Photo

WHY IS THIS CONSIDERED A GREAT HOTEL?

White bread, fried fish, pop music, Cancun, and a Toyota Camry. If you like these things, you will probably enjoy the Omni Mont-Royal. There was nothing unique or special about this place. The room looked like dozens of hotel rooms in any city in the world. The service was efficient, cold, with a truncated smile. If you enjoy the "middle of the road," you will like this hotel. If not, look elsewhere!

Unique Quality: What a knack this place has for being completely efficient and yet showing no warmth or character. That takes a special talent.

• rmdw's Profile Photo

Upscale Downtown Hotel

My friends, Deenu & Ravena, stayed at the Hotel Omni in August 2004. They got a room for about Cdn$150. As you can see from the photos, the decor of the room is very attractive.

They were on one of the upper floors and the views of Montreal were just spectacular!

More about Hotel Omni Mont-Royal

Omni Mont-Royal Hotel - A Fabulous Hotel

We stayed at the Omni-Mont Royal Hotel for 9 days in November, 2004. We were welcomed at the front desk and able to check in prior to noon. The room was spacious and beautiful. The bathroom was all marble and quite large. Our experience with the concierge desk was always pleasant and helpful, particularly from one specific individual.
The hotel had some conferences/meetings going on during our stay, but that did not interfere with our stay at all. Housekeeping cleaned the room twice a day. The location is excellent. It is close to the Metro (subway), walking distance to the shopping malls, and close to great restaurants & bars.
We would highly recommend this hotel...#1 pick!

Mixed bag

by TripAdvisor Member My_Pseudonym

I stayed in the Hotel Omni in August 2003. Valet was very unclear on the rates of the parking and takes awhile to retrieve your car even when I called ahead of leaving (valet or self park)- reasonable rates and safe though. There's plenty of street parking around if you want to look for it. Very snobby front desk staff- the Montreal atittude, I call it. Hotel was very nice and polished-marble floors, decor, etc. Room was an odd shape (very long and narrow) and missing a fridge but comfortable and clean (though more is expected from a 4 star hotel). Location on Sherbrooke is convenient to shopping district (St. Catherine) and restaurants (Crescent St)...a bit farther from tourist places like Vieux Montreal and St. Laurent but definitely walkable.

The Poor-Man's Four Seasons

If Montreal is the poor-man's Paris, then the Omni Montreal is the poor-man's Four Seasons Hotel. The Omni was originally the Four Seasons and some of the glamour is still there. It has uniformed doormen and a large Four Seasonsesque flower bouquet in the lobby. Unfortunately since it's such a large hotel and is probably empty most of the time, perfect upkeep has ceded to very good upkeep. That is, it's mostly clean but looking a little tired (cracked sinks, old upholstery and a Four Seasons shower fixture signal it's time for renovation!). Still, where else can you get a clean large room, with modern amenities, huge bathroom, lovely king size bed and a 15th floor view for $99 CDN a night! It's in a perfect location and was an outstanding value.

Was ok

by TripAdvisor Member cyclist_guy

I stayed at this hotel in May 2003. I have no complaints about this property. However, the rooms are very "generic" hotel, and dated. Nothing special and won't stay there again. I would recommend the Sofitel which is directly across the street.

The Omni-the best the french have to offer

We stayed at the Omni on the weekend of the comedy festival July 24th, so it was very busy and completely booked. The Omni deserves it's five star rating. We were given a "preferred guest" room on the 17th floor. It was a deluxe room with everything you could possibly need. There was wireless internet everywhere in the hotel. The pool and the workout room was excellent and very clean. They gave us an amazing parking spot on the driveway of the hotel, literally 2 feet away when you stepped out for $15 per night. It was an amazing deal. The staff was so great. The preffered guest card allowed you free turnover service, chocolates on the bed, and a free fresh beverage every day outside your door in the morning with your newspaper. I would recommend this hotel, I don't know why people gave it such poor reviews. It's the best hotel we've ever stayed at in Montreal. The staff was AMAZING. They were so friendly, it was unbelievable. Don't listen to the snobby people, if you get a deluxe room with your preferred guest card (available on their site), I'm sure you will be as happy as we were. There just isn't a better hotel than this, in my opinion.

Room with no bed

This place may be good but beware: They gave me a room with a sofa, side chair, dining room table, 4 chairs, and living room furniture (no dressers). One notable item not in the room was a bed. It looks like they
were putting people in both rooms of a two room suite suite and locking the door between.

When I complained they refused to give me a room with a bed, insiting that I use the pull out sofa. They said that when you reserve that your
choice of bedding type was just a preference, and they could give you any "run of house" room, including rooms with only sofabeds. I had to fight with them to get a refund of my prepaid reservation and I took my business elsewhere (Le Meridien). They acted surprised that someone would find a fault with such a room and were completely unapologetic.

Hey, there other rooms may be nice, but why take a chance with this place? You too may end up with a room with no bed. The last thing you need when coming off a long flight is to deal with this sort of
inconvienience, and you are paying a premium to stay here.

Montreal a Holiday to Remember

by Skipperr

I flew into Montreal on Wednesday 2 January 2002. I was met after getting through Customs and gathering my Bright Yellow Carlton suitcase which has become my favorite Suitcase for travel, by Serge the Chauffer from Select Limosine. I arrived at my hotel after a slight unplanned detour to another Hotel. I checked into the hotel Omni Mont-Royal.
The room was comfortable and I unpacked for my Whirlwind Rendezvous in Montreal.
The picture is a view from my room on the twenty-seventh floor.

From YUL to Omni Hotel

by cougaraztec

Hello,

My gf and I are going to Montreal and wondering what is the best way to get to our hotel. Thank you :)

RE: From YUL to Omni Hotel

by YVRDave

Taxi or rental car

RE: RE: From YUL to Omni Hotel

by Jefie

You also could take an airport shuttle to downtown Montreal, and then take a taxi to your hotel. The shuttle will drop you off at the central bus station, which is located about 10 minutes away from your hotel. You can check this Web site for more details on the shuttles: http://www.admtl.com/passenger_services.aspx?id=48 .

RE: RE: From YUL to Omni Hotel

by cougaraztec

Thanks...I appreciate it :)

Comments