Hotel de la Montagne

1430 rue de la Montagne, Montreal, Quebec, H3G 1Z5, Canada

Good For No Data
  • DunaKal's Profile Photo

Perrrrrrfect location

At the heart of Montreal,walking distance to almost everywhere in downtown.
    I chose a smoking room,it over looks Montagne street..but my friend chose a non-smoking room which is newly renovated and over looks Crescent street, (where you can see any event held there).

Unique Quality: The upper level has a beautiful over looking terrace with a bar and a swimming pool.
    I loved the atmosphere!
    (even if you didn' stay at this hotel,the terrace is worth visiting,specially on a weekend).

• firstdraught's Profile Photo

Super Hotel with Great Deals on Expedia

The great big giant bathroom is reason enough for me to want to go back! The services were fantastic though i thought it was unusual that there was no ice machine. you had to order ice from room service for $2 plus tip, which isn't gonna break the bank--but it was wierd to me!
    The bed was extremely comfortable and hotel staff provides turn down service complete with a chocolate and a little postcard telling you the next day's forecast!

Unique Quality: *free wireless internet
    *rooms with balconies (but the balconies don't have chairs! haha)
    *centrally located: within extremely short walking distance to Hard Rock Cafe, Museum of Fine Arts, Metro/Subway, lots of great little breakfast stops, serious luxury shopping at Ogilvy (right next door!) Chapters--a HUGE bookstore, and Wanda's---a massive multi storied strip club for those interested in such things.

Directions: Downtown/Centreville

• Stellaluna's Profile Photo

Downtown at its Best

What a wonderful hotel located in a wonderful part of downtown. It is sure to please even the most picky traveler. L'Hotel de la Montagne has many ammenities that make it unique. Spend the day lounging at the roof top pool or take in a brunch or dinner at the rooftop piano bar terrace.

• Eilian's Profile Photo

Clean and Downtown

I had a friend who came visit me and paid himsefl a night at this hotel. The room is standard, the bathroom is quite nice, and the room service for breakfast from Lutecia's restaurant is yummy!

Unique Quality: You can go on the roof.
    Quite kitch style at the entrance.

More about Hotel de la Montagne

Loved Hotel de la Montagne

by TripAdvisor Member johninajijic

We arrived in Montreal at Hotel de la Montagne on Sept 11 and stayed until Sept. 15. We were extremely happy with our stay here. The rooms were very large, very clean and had a balcony to walk out to. The bathroom was very, very large, a double vanity, separate tub and separate shower. Nice and clean, all marble. They turned down your bed at night and left chocolates with next days forecast. The hotel room was done in an older style but in perfect condition. This hotel has class!!! It's worth it's 3 1/2 star rating. Worth every penney of our expedia low rate of $ 132. Parking is $ 15 canadian per night with in/out privileges which is average for Montreal abd Toronto.
The desk personnel and concierge were helpful and friendly. My only slight, if any, negative was a slight smokey smell, objectionable to probably just me, in the Hotel lobby. I believe it was this way because of the open Cabaret adjacent to the lobby.
The Hotel is located in a nice part of Downtown Montreal near all kinds of shops and boutiques on Blvd Rene Levesque. It is located one street from Blvd Maisoneuvve and one block from Crescent street with lots of restaurants and nightclubs.
This is truly a hidden gem in Montreal for the price. Worth every penny.

Perfect for me

by TripAdvisor Member equuskat

I have long been of the opinion that no hotel bed is ever comfortable, regardles of how highly rated, or how high priced, the hotel. The Hotel de la Montagne destroyed that myth. My deluxe room was spacious, clean, and well and beautifully appointed. I thoroughly enjoyed the music and the food in the piano bar, found the walking distance access to the museum an unexpected treat, and was pleasantly surprised at how well the air conditioning controlled the cigarette smoke. The staff were delightful. I only regretted that I had such a short visit.

What a delightful surprise!

by TripAdvisor Member SusanKLosAngeles

Just came back from an extended Labour Day weekend at the Hotel de la Montagne. It was one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in; roomy, extremely comfortable beds; huge bathroom. The beds were turned down each night with chocolates and the next day's weather forecast left for us. The hotel is right in the heart of the shopping/restaurant area so it was extremely convenient. Friendly, helpful desk staff. Loved the restaurant where we had breakfast most days -- the staff there were charming and the pain chocolat to die for! This was my first trip to Montreal but I enjoyed it immensely. You don't even have to leave the hotel for entertainment with its many bars and restaurants! We asked for a room "in the middle" so weren't very bothered by the rooftop club. Took a day trip to Quebec City by bus, purchased at the hotel, which was also lovely.

Smokiest hotel I've ever stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member njtraveler99

Just stayed at the La Montagne Hotel in Montreal this past weekend (August 26-28). This is the smokiest hotel I've ever stayed in. If you do not like the smell of cigarette smoke, do not even think about staying here. Even though there are non-smoking floors, the rooms still stink. We had to be moved from our original "non-smoking" room because of the overpowering smell. The next room we were moved to was just as bad. We had to leave the two balcony doors open, with the air conditioning blasting to help circulate some air. Not what you expect when paying almost $280 US/night to stay in one of their luxury suites.

Quite Enjoyable

by TripAdvisor Member Kulemom

Decided to have a weekend getaway in Montreal and stayed here. Upon arrival doorman and staff and bell-boy were extremely courteous. Has an old world charm. Even a balcony. Lovely wood furniture and comfortable King bed with turn down service. Nice big washroom and even terrycloth bath robes!! Lots of bars if you like to socialize. Thursday's has a great happy hour Monday to Friday. Very happening place. Location was great. We walked to old Montreal, to St. Catherines shopping and Bell Canada Ctr for a hockey game. Great restaurant district nearby. Reuben's has an amazing Reuben sandwich. $5 dollar cab ride to Via Station. Had a great weekend, will probably stay here again. First class.

Loved this hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member ldavis

We booked this hotel on line and found a great price. This hotel is centrally located and we could walk to all tours and restaurants. The rooms were fantastic and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful! I would definitely recommend this hotel- expecially for a price under $120 .

Good hotel close to cool nightlife and shopping?

by Moneypenny424

My boyfriend and I are going to Montreal for New Years. Neither of us has been before, but we'd like to stay in a good hotel (3 or 4 stars) that is close to the nightlife. Any suggestions? Thanks!

RE: Good hotel close to cool nightlife and shopping?

by PARADIZE

Hotel de la Montagne, is a good location for shoping and nightlife, close to St-Catherine St. and all the malls and shops, and 2 blocks from Crescent St. for the nightlife.

Second choice would be Hotel Godin (at the corner of Sherbrooke & St-Laurent), in the middle of the town. You'll find excellent excellent nightlife crossing the street on St-Laurent blvd.

RE: Good hotel close to cool nightlife and shopping?

by Toyin

Hello,
Am arriving tonight as well to Montreal, and it is my first time ever. Am traveling alone and I would be staying at the Best Western Ville-Marrie Hotel and Suites.

It is at 3407 Peel Street, Montreal. QC, H3A IW7,and the phone number is 514-288-4141

It is a four Star and 1.61miles from the city centre.

Am also for the new year and shopping and I think its very good.

Cheers, and Happy New Year to you two.

Toyin