Le Petit Prince Bed & Breakfast

1384 Overdale Avenue, Montreal, Quebec, H3G 1V3, Canada

More about Le Petit Prince Bed & Breakfast

Lovely weekend at Le Petit Prince

by TripAdvisor Member jewelz129

My boyfriend and I stayed 3 days at LPP for a getaway vacation. This place really is as great as everyone has made it seem. The owners, Jonathan and Robert are sooo nice, courteous, and super helpful. When first arriving, Robert went to make us some cafe au laits while jonathan sat down with us to go over a map of places to go and things to do.

We stayed in the Ivory and Yellow room. Our fav was the Ivory which had a Gigantic two person tub, perfect for soaking in with your honey. The rooms were both super clean, wonderfully decorated(ranging from modern to quirky and whimsical, but always artistic with paintings and photographs mounted on the walls) and comfortable. (complimentary bottles of water too!) Breakfasts were delicious and you can choose to have it brought to your room to be eaten!

LPP has a wonderful cozy feel...but not cramped at all! Rooms are nice and quiet, you never heard people next door. Location is great: right next to a metro station, and couple blocks from St. Catherine where all the shopping is. They even have a CD collection downstairs and a bunch of games for the guests to enjoy either downstairs or in their own rooms. I would have been happy to stay in LPP during our entire stay!

Beautiful place!!! I can't say enough...even if you've already been to Montreal, come just to stay at LPP! It is worth it! hands down, the best place I have ever stayed!

Le Petit Prince, but feeling more like Le Grand King

After 4 nights at Le Petit Prince, what more can one say that hasn't already been said in all the previous reviews of this Bed and Breakfast? All true and absolutely fabulous. If one has never tried a B&B before, and is a little apprehensive, don't be. Privacy and comfort is paramount here. For those familiar with the World's Best Places to Kiss...this is the BEST! One more thing, for a true french culinary experience unlike any other, Robert suggested dinner at Bronte's Restaurant, ask them to make a reservation at this restaurant during your stay, you will NOT be disappointed!! It is only surpassed by the fabulous breakfasts, created by Natalie, each morning of your stay.

Such a friendly place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Saesnes

My husband and I stayed at Le Petit Prince for 2 nights at the beginning of September. The rooms are very stylish, spotlessly clean, and the breakfasts are superb, but the thing that makes Le Petit Prince such a wonderful place to stay must be the friendliness of everyone who works there. We needn't have bothered with our Rough Guide to Montreal - Jonathan and Natalie provided us with a very comprehensive map (highlighted with areas of interest) and took great pains to make sure that our choice of restaurant each evening really suited our requirements. Jonathan took the trouble to reserve a table at Bonaparte's for us on our last evening (wonderful choice) and even booked our cab. We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Le Petit Prince - its place on Trip Advisor as Montreal's most popular place to stay is well deserved.

A terrific B and B

We stayed for three nights in July and found Le Petit Prince to be the perfect base from which to explore Montreal. The hosts were young and charming, the breakfast was fantastic and the rooms are beautiful as long as you can cope with having your bathroom in the same space as the bedroom.

Don't stay anywhere else in Montreal!

by TripAdvisor Member TeamTestudo

My wife and I just spent our 3rd anniversary in Montreal and we are very happy that we stayed at Le Petit Prince.

The location is perfect - downtown and only one block from Lucien L'Allier Metro stop. The rooms are fantastic, we stayed in the Ivory Room which has a tub large enough for two as well as a private balcony. Le Petit Prince is walking distance to shopping on Rue St. Catherine as well as Vieux Montreal. For places further away, the Metro is super fast - our trip to Biodome/Botanical Gardens took about ten minutes.

The real treat at Le Petit Prince though is the service. When we arrived, Natalie immediately served us coffee and gave us a quick tour of the city, mapping out all of the key spots. They also have a binder with all of their recommeded restaurants and are more than happy to make reservations for you. Breakfast is better than any restaurant in town as we were treated to omelettes, chocolate scones, croissants, belgian waffles, fresh fruit - you name it, Natalie made it, and made it perfectly.

We tried three of the restaurants in their book and they were all excellent. FYI, no stay is complete without a trip to Schwartz's for lunch. The smoked meat sandwich is a Montreal classic and Schwartz's rivals any NY Deli.

I travel a lot each year for business and pleasure, so trust me when I say that you are wasting your time in Montreal if you want to deal with check-in hassles and subpar service that usually accompanies large hotels. If you want an intimate lodging experience and want to be catered to by people who know how to run a bed and breakfast the right way, stay at Le Petit Prince. It is worth every penny.

One of the best places we have stayed at!

My boyfriend and I stayed at Le Petit Prince in August 2004 and it is probably our all time favorite place we have ever stayed. The staff was extremely wonderful and gave us tips on where to go and where we should eat. It felt like home the 2 nights we spent there. If you are going to Montreal and Le Petit has availability, do not pass it by! (Note- make sure you are very comfortable with the person you are travelling with because the bathroom/bathtub does not have any seperation at all.)

The perfect escape

by TripAdvisor Member dramatrice

I have never spent a more relaxing vacation anywhere. Montreal was wonderful but what made the trip perfect was Le Petit Prince. From the evening we arrived (very late) to the morning we left, we were made to feel completely welcome yet given lots of privacy and space. The room we stayed in (The Blue Room) was amazing, combining whimsy and solid craftsmanship with ease. There were always bottles of water in our room (key in the Montreal summer) and I never heard anyone through the walls. But more than that, the little touches make this place, from the gorgeous fruit with breakfast, to the asking if we needed a taxi on the day we were leaving and calling one to be ready for us. These people know how to make your stay spectacular in all the ways that matter.

The PERFECT place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member LCraig

We stayed at Le Petit Prince in March of 2003 and LOVED it. Jonathan and Robert are wonderful hosts. They suggested places to visit while we were in town, gave great directions, and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. Jonathan is an excellent cook and has a great personality. His dog Moka (who will greet you when you arrive) is sweet and saying that she is well-trained is an understatement.

The rooms/building are spacious and well decorated. this is not your typical B and B....decorations were hip and not flowery/country like most places we looked at. It was VERY clean (i.e. guests remove their shoes at the door). Super close to the metro (right around the corner) and within blocks of the major shopping streets in Montreal.

Be warned, the toilet and shower/bath are RIGHT inside the bedroom (toilet is separated by a partial wall)...so while they are not shared with other guests this might not be for you if you are modest :)

We will definitely reaturn when we have the chance!

This B&B was absolutely incredible!

I loved this hotel. If I never had to leave the room, I would have been perfectly happy! It's located in a great location, just steps away from all the fun stuff, and so very comfortable. The staff and service was, in my experience, unsurpassed. The room itself was so comfortable, I wish I could have stayed longer. And the breakfast was so amazing...we would wake up early just to eat it, and then go back to bed.
Overall, excellent choice!!!

Premium Location with First Class Service

The place was even more amazing than I imagined. The reviews were all right! I will never stay anywhere else in Montreal again!

Yellow PlumsYellow Plums

Duda Paiva and his Angel - one soul!Duda Paiva and his Angel - one soul!

One of the exhibits on the environmentOne of the exhibits on the environment

Old and New in the Old CityOld and New in the Old City

evening in montreal

by thebiggestbagpipe

I will be travelling through Montreal. I am staying by the Dorval Airport. What can I do in an evening? I am on a slight budget, but I have been told that Rue Ste. Catherines has nice shopping. I would prefer public transit or will take a taxi if not too pricey. Any tips??

by klmousseau

Hello, I'm not sure about public transport from Dorval to the city center, but i'm sure there are buses. Montreal has a metro, although I think it has just 4 lines. Instead of Ste. Catherine St., head to Old Montreal. If you have never been to Montreal, it is definetly the area to see. Montreal is a beautiful city overall, but the Old sector has an old world charm to it. Whether it's night or day (preferably day), you can stroll the cobblestone streets lined with boutiques and cozy restaurants. Jacques Cartier Square is nice during the day with street performers. You can visit Notre Dame Cathedral and the Port of Montreal as well - all in Old Montreal. Do a search for festivals in Montreal, as there are many throughout the year. Bonne chance!

by bomobob

You didn't mention when you plan to come here. If it's now, in the middle of winter, you'd best be looking for more indoor things to do, unless it's a nice, sunny day like today.

You can take a bus from the airport to downtown, or splurge on a cab, which will cost about $30.

Ste. Catherine (with an "s" it becomes a town in Ontario)is certainly the main shopping area. Depending on what day of the week you are here, the stores may or may not be open late. 9PM on Thursday and Friday, though some stay open late every night.

by thebiggestbagpipe

I am sorry, I will be there next week for one evening. Old City sounds very nice but I am afraid it will be too cold. I will still keep that open as an option. Which bus would I take to get from the airport to downtown? Do you think that the shops will be open till 9pm. I am afraid I wont be able to arrive downtown until 7pm...

by bomobob

There is what's called the Aerobus (I think), which goes downtown to the train station. Don't worry, it's easy to find. There are signs everywhere.
You didn't say what day of the week you're coming, but the store hours are generally M-W 9-6, TH-F 9-9, Sat-Sun 9-5.
If you've only got one evening, I suggest you take a taxi to Schwartz's Deli and have a smoked meat sandwich with fries, and black cherry cola, and a pickle. There's nothing more Montreal than that experience.

by LeDragon

Informations about aerobus : http://www.admtl.com/passager/acces_et_stationnement/_aerobus.aspx
Note that the central bus station is close to the Berri metro station.
It should not be so cold in april, btw.
Yvon LeD