Le Relais Lyonnais Montreal

1595, rue St-Denis, Montreal, Quebec, H2X 3K3, Canada
Le Relais Lyonnais
Orbitz.com Travelocity CheapTickets.com

More about Le Relais Lyonnais Montreal

How do you say SUPERB in French?

by TripAdvisor Member sftennis

My family traveled to Montreal for the first time this past Christmas and stayed at the Hotel Le Relais Lyonnais. We have been spoiled and on future trips to this lovely city will not stay anywhere else! The hotel is just beautiful and it is maintained perfectly by the staff (the rain shower mentioned by other reviews is truly divine after a long day of traveling or sightseeing!!). The personal touches added by Albert, however, are what make this travel experience a stand out!! He was able to answer all of the questions we had as first time visitors - the best skiing, the place for midnight mass and the locations of the best shops!! He even managed to leave a traditional "Yule log" in the refrigerator of our room as a Christmas gift! Montreal has many wonderful sights to see and our family will be back but only when Albert tells us that he has rooms available! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING! Sharon in Atlanta

Des Joyeuses Fetes

by TripAdvisor Member kateriSF

Thank you Albert and Le Relais Lyonnais. You made up for one of the worst holiday travel experiences I've ever had! I live in San Francisco and was meeting my East Coast family in Montreal for the holidays. Look ahead 1 cancelled flight, 1 broken down bus, 1 lost bag, and 24 hours later and I practically face-planted into the huge bed waiting for me. Our room was beautiful, the shower successfully washed a day's worth of travel stress away, and Albert made sure I didn't have to worry about a thing for the next week. Complimentary Christmas croissants, a full list of restaurants open for Christmas dinner, and directions to the nicest ski resort I could ever trip down the bunny slopes at. I can't wait to come back to Montreal now...in the summer.

A very Merry Christmas!

by TripAdvisor Member FrapNY

My family and I stayed in two rooms over the Christmas holidays, and couldn't have been more pleased. The owner, Albert, went out of his way to help us plan our sightseeing, design our skiing trip - even pick which Boxing Day sales to visit! The hotel itself was gorgeous and close to everything. We can't wait to go back in the summer!

Beautiful room, great location

by TripAdvisor Member FrenchTrotteuse

The +++

the room (suite) was extremely beautiful and well decorated

the bathroom was also very "design" and convenient

the location on rue Saint Denis is really good and the room was not noisy, even if on the street

the owner of the hotel, a french guy, is very nice and helpful

the cleaning service is excellent

The ---

no elevator so not that convenient with huge luggages.

When we arrived at the hotel, the lobby was closed and we had to go to the restaurant (same owner) behing the hotel to ask someone to open the door. Also there were not someone very often at reception, because it is a small hotel

Conclusion: a "secret hotel" that deserves to be discovered as the room is really luxurious and well decorated for a reasonable price. This hotel with excellent location is the perfect place for independant travellers who don't need a very dedicated reception office.

great little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Sofuia

What a great little hotel this is! I got on the net because I was to stay one night in Montreal and wanted to be somewhere characteristic and close to everything. After having read the reviews on tripadvisor, I decided to book online through the hotel's own website. I paid just over $100 canadian, and can guarantee that it is worth every penny.
I took the bus from the airport to the centre of town and then a free shuttle took me to the hotel (by the way, not many people know it so say you are going to the St Denis Theatre if you are catching a taxi). When I arrived, the guy at the counter asked me about my travel and where I came from etc. He was very polite and gave me an upgrade, I think in view of the slow season following the festivities and of the hotel being half empty. I got a fabulous suite. The room is clean, very spacious (bedroom with two armchairs and a desk, then separate room with sofa and coffee table) has a flat screen TV, satellite and I think a DVD player too...complimentary coffee and water, as well as chocolate by the bedstand. It has a fridge (no mini bar), an iron+board, decent closet space, the bathroom has an amazing shower and is equipped with a hairdrier and a mini heater, which is grand. There were tonnes of towels! All soft and very very "propre". The decor is a mix between Swedish and Japanese styles and you can tell the renovation has been carried out by a architect. The bed was as comfortable as one can ask for...to me that is the most important thing, along with cleanliness. The room is airconditioned, you can set the temperature and it has lights with dimmers all round.
It is right in the centre of the Latin quarter, so it's perfect for a night out (there are so many nice places just on the same street!). I got back after 1am and was a little frightened I might hear noises from the road, but the windows must be double glazed because I really didn't hear a thing. I don't think it has a lift, which is a bit of a downer, but I carried my heavy suitcase downstairs when I checked out, no problem (they carried it for me when I checked in!). I left it with them so that I could carry on my explorations and they offered to call a taxi for me, which promptly arrived at the given time. It is about ten minutes walk from the old part of town and ditto for downtown/business district, but wouldn't suggest walking it if it's too cold outside. There is a metro station across the road, so that is handy.
All in all, it was a great experience and I would definitely go back to the same place if I was ever to visit Montreal again. Excellent value for money and it feels good to be outside the main hotel circuits and in a small place, where people know your name. Thumbs up!

Great Boutique

by TripAdvisor Member Tuckers_Kahuna

I have been staying here a few days. This place is a gem, the price was good, and they upgraded us to suites for no charge!

Very clean and minimalist. The place looks just like the photos. It's like being in a West Elm or Pottery Barn catalog shoot. And I mean that in a good way. The rooms are very stylish and comfortable. The bathrooms are wonderful. The towels are the thickest and fluffiest I think I have ever had at a hotel. The bed is firm and comfortable. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

The location in the Latin Quarter can't be beat, this area has the groovy feel of Amsterdam, with tons of international restaurants and alternative lifestyles. It's just a half a block from the Metro. The cafe downstairs serves good breakfasts.

This is a great place to stay. I wonder why they have a problem being fully booked?

Looking forward to a return visit

by TripAdvisor Member Susan1205

Having been to Montreal a few times over the past 6 months, I am always looking for a unique place to stay. My husband is a devotee of Trip Advisor and found this boutique hotel for me for the last weekend in Jan. Everything that I read on TA was verified. The room was comfortable and immaculate - the linens crisp and the room surprisingly quiet for the fabulous St Denis location. When I called to make the reservation I asked for a recommendation for a bakery - I need birthday cake ready upon my arrival - Albert told me that their cafe downstairs would make it for me. As promised it was ready and one of most beautiful cakes I had ever seen. The students at McGill who enjoyed it claimed it to be one of the best.. I rented a car and the convenient indoor parking wih unlimted in and out benefits is a real plus. I must have used in 6 times in the 2 days. Street parking is tough to say the least. My only recommendation is to really MAPQUEST the location because if you arrive as I did at 7 pm on a Sat night the street is mobbed and it is easy to pass the hotel. I also ate in the cafe one evening and the food was good and service perfect. I look forward to returning to this hotel on future visits.

Great Location, Fantastic Service!

by TripAdvisor Member prinnyc

We stayed at this hotel for our first anniversary and what a second honeymoon it was!

In the middle of Rue St. Denis, in the heart of Montreal's Latin Quarter, close to all kinds of restaurants and little shops and two blocks from the subway, the location can't be beat.

The staff was friendly and very helpful, willing to assist us with everything from sightseeing to taxis.

We arrived at 9 in the morning on a Friday and our room was ready. It is important to say that there is not a person at the front desk at all times, but we rang the front door bell and never had any problems. The hotel's door is locked at all times, so the room key is also the front door key.

The room was small, but really modern and clean. Strategically placed mirrors give the impression of more space. The high def TV was a nice surprise. The bathroom was very impressive with an enormous shower, though no bathtub.

We stayed on the first floor and it was a bit noisy at night, with music coming from nearby clubs, but we really didn't mind.

We are planning to go back to Montreal and definitely planning to stay here again.

Perfect Location - Perfect Host - a bit noisy

by TripAdvisor Member Tikkey

We stayed three nights in the Relais Lyonnais. The room fulfilled what was promised on the Internet. The only draw back and blessing at the same time is it perfect location in the rue St-Denis. At Fridays and Saturdays night it was quite noisy, but with the windows closed we slept quite well.
All in all we liked it and will come back if we will visit Montreal again.

Georgeous stay at Relais Lyonnais ;)

by TripAdvisor Member Cl0cl0

Jason and I stayed at the Relais Lyonnais on february 22nd 2008 in the deluxe suite and enjoyed every moment of it!!! Georgeous room with a perfect location. The welcome was very nice and the people too!!! La Brioche Lyonnaise was also amazing....very good food....luved it !!!

Thanks again for the wonderful stay ;)

Jays & Clo

Hotel Le Relais Lyonnais

by richard48

Does anyone know of this hotel and is Quartier Latin a good area to stay in.
Any advice would be appreciated

Re: Hotel Le Relais Lyonnais

by Pomerol

Great hotel, great location right next to UQAM, Old Montreal etc.

You can rest in peace.