414 Rue Saint Sulpice, Montreal, Quebec, H2Y 2V5, Canada

Le Saint-Sulpice
Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• christophem333's Profile Photo

Very good experience, great hotel !

Great location in the heart of Montreal.
    Wonderful service and staff available 24/7

the suites are spacious and very comfortable, also a great designed hotel.
    Perfect hotel-boutique close to restaurants, old port of Montreal, museums.
    many amenities in your suite are available such as Nespresso machine, Flat screen TVs,fire place, fridge, etc.

Higly recommended for your stay in Montreal !

Unique Quality: Unique spa
    Great boutique

• fantastic luxury hotel

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. The suite rooms have kitchenettes many rooms have balconies or fireplaces. Hotel and spa staff are top notch.

Skip the free breakfast and walk half a block to Claude Postel for mouth watering pastries.

If you want luxury this is the place.

• CutieLeafsGirl's Profile Photo

Beautiful hotel in old montreal

This hotel is located right behind the Notre-Dame. It is a charming 4 star hotel. My friends and I could never afford to stay at such a beautiful place however we were allowed to stay there for free. Starting off with the room the bathroom had a wonderful glass sink as well as a deep bathtub with a removalable showerhead. There was a kitchenette, complete with dishes, a coffee maker, a microwave, a stove-top, a refrigerator and a sink, as well as a living area with a couch and comfortable chairs. The windows are huge and look out onto a terrance where we could walk out to as well

The whole hotel was lovely. The lobby had a fire going constantly which was a nice place to wait for the others.The decor was warm and inviting. The staff had sure you felt extra welcome and would cater to your needs.

Directions: Old Montreal

• mtlman's Profile Photo

Montreal best accomodation

Montreal now offers some of the best little hotels in the world . The brand new hotels-boutiques in the Old Montreal are litterally incredible . The St-Paul , the Place D'armes , the St-sulpice , the Gault all offer a great confort in an historic environment .
    The St-James is the most luxury hotel in Canada and it is a member of the Association of little hotels of the world .

For budget traveller, the Quartier Latin district offers the best deals for cheap inns and Bed and Breakfast. The Montreal international youth hostel located on Overdale street near Lucien L'allier metro station is absolutely wonderful with its 4 bed dorms and its bathroom in every room.

More about Le Saint Sulpice

Le Saint Sulpice - Great Experience

Staff, accommodations and restaurant were all superior. Room was large and as nicely decorated/furnished as their pictures advertise. Staff was great with recomendations on anything we asked about. Location was perfect, in the heart of Vieux Montreal - close to port, Champs de Mars, Palace de Arms and Metro.

We can't wait to return to Montreal and will surely consider Le Saint Sulpice once again.

Le Saint Suplice Surpassed Our Expectations

My boyfriend and just came back from a weekend in Montreal. Anyone looking for a quick romantic getaway who can't afford a trip to Paris, should seriously consider Old Montreal and Le Saint Sulpice. I've stayed at many beautiful 4 star hotels, and Le Saint Sulpice has surpassed them all.

The location was excellent. The hotel is about a two minute walk to the port and about a 10 minute walk to St. Catherine Street and the Underground shopping mall. The small streets and local boutiques were more reminiscent of a quaint European town as opposed to a major Canadian urban centre.

The room also surpassed our expectations. The suite had a living room with a fireplace, kitchenette, separate bedroom and very large bathroom. Everything we needed was already supplied in the room. The decor was modern yet very elegant. It felt nothing like a hotel!

And finally, despite some of the reviews I've read about this hotel, I found the staff incredibly courteous and accommodating. They spoke several languages and were always more than happy to suggest a great restaurant or a good place to shop. I couldn't have been happier and will definitely be spreading the word to friends and family (and to those reading this review) about this hotel!

A Wonderful Experience

We had the most wonderful experience at Le Saint-Sulpice. The room was beautiful. We had a room on the street side, but never heard any noise at all; and it was wonderful to open the windows and watch the activity on the street when we wanted. All of the staff, from check-in to check-out, and after, were extremely friendly and helpful. We left a couple of items behind when we checked out. The conceirge located them and mailed them to us at home. Also, a food tip for the hotel restaurant: the Filet Mignon is excellent.

Personnel must be paid poorly!

by TripAdvisor Member travelfan5203

We stayed at the Saint Sulpice in the middle of August. The suite was very nice and tastefully furnished. Beds were fine. The room faced the courtyard, so there was not much street noise and no noise at all could be heard from other rooms in the hotel. So obviously the place is very well insulated.
The only thing which really got on our nerves was the blatant and often even impertinent demanding of tips - or as they call it "gratuities". You are expected to tip as soon as the waiter/bell boy etc. even lifts a finger. Since breakfast buffet was included in our room price, we didn't feel that we have to tip the waiter, who only poured coffe and orange juice anyway. Boy, were we wrong! He got quite upset finding out we didn't leave money for him on the table and made his discontent known to us.
We don't even want to blame the employees so much but the management should think about paying their employees a decent salary so that they don't have to beg like that. I'm sure the directors of the hotel don't have to rely on tips to survive!

Lovely Hotel in Vieux Montreal!

by TripAdvisor Member debbie35

A wonderful boutique hotel in Vieux Montreal - very charming, clean, nicely decorated, large rooms, lovely garden restaurant. Definitely THE place to stay in Montreal.

Rue St SulpiceRue St Sulpice

Notre dame church from st-sulpice streetNotre dame church from st-sulpice street

Montreal VTers

by acemj

Bonjour,
I'm enjoying your lovely city. Unfortunately, our meeting plans were foiled by schedule conflicts as well as the launch of the new VT. I haven't had much chance to log on and see what's going on, but if anyone wants to meet for lunch tomorrow, just name the place and time. I can find it and be there as lond as lunch is over by 2 pm, so I have enough time to catch me flight.
Please respond ASAP if interested.

Mark

by Pierre_Rouss

Poor Mark,
I am still up North today, but will be back tomorrow morning.
Are you still closer to old Montreal?
If so, we could meet around place Jacques Cartier around 12-12h30, say Jardin Nelson.

Hope your stay was memorable! I could drop you off if that can keep you around Montreal for a few minutes more!!!

Pierre

by Reverend

I'm sorry I couldn't make it to this meeting either, it was Labor Day weekend down here and a number of things going on for the holiday weekend. I also hadn't realized that the old forums would be wiped out by the changes on the new VT. Hope Your stay in Montreal was a grand one!! Isn't it an amazing city?

by Pierre_Rouss

As far as I know Mark didn't pick his post or mail (I left my cell number). It was a pretty bad Sunday on VT, wonder if he even could connect that morning.

I came back to Mtl by 10-11am Monday and tried to pick any post and since nothing
was posted I didn't go anywhere.

Like you say... a darned missed opportunity!!!
Better luck next time.
Pierre

Re: Re: Montreal VTers

by Deus_ultima

I recently met Chabs and Nathy-Paris... had a GREAT time..great people..

Maybe one day I'll attend a "formal" VT meeting..I've already met about a ozen VT-memebers..but always kinda impromptu

:S

Re: Re: Montreal VTers

by acemj

Pierre (and everyone else),

Thanks for making attempts to make the meeting possible. Pierre, I am just seeing your message today (a week too late!), but I appreciate your generous offer to drop me off.
Despite not having a meeting, I still went to Le Saint Sulpice for drinks one night and the weather and people in Montreal were delightful. Next time, I'll just pick a definitive place and time and see who shows up.
Mark