270 Saint-Antoine West, Montreal, H2Y 0A3, Canada

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• mikey_e's Profile Photo

Superb Accomodations

I can't understand why Le Westin is not included in the list of accomodations for the city, especially since the Intercontinental is included and it is right across the street. Nevertheless, this is an incredible hotel that does not disappoint when it comes to the quality of the rooms or the service. The hotel has valet parking and a bright, welcoming lobby in which there is a restaurant and a "snack boutique"- the Westin's answer to room service. The rooms are large and quiet with spacious bathrooms, large comfortable beds, flat screen TVs, complimentary Starbucks coffee and a huge shower. Guests also get a housecoat, which can be found in the closet. The hotel staff is very friendly, and everyone speaks fluent French and English (I never tried Spanish, but I'm sure more than a few of the employees speak it as well).

Unique Quality: The room was very comfortable and incredibly large. The bathroom was perhaps the best part (I always find it hard to sleep in another bed, even when it is king size with luxurious sheets and plush pillows). There is a huge walk-in shower, a large sink and delicious scented body lotion. They also give you green tea soap that does not dry out your skin. The service at the hotel is also commendable. The staff is very courteous and friendly, ready to help with suggestions about where to go and how to get around. The breakfast is buffet, but you never really feel like you're at a buffet. If you want to pamper yourself for a weekend, the Westin is without doubt an excellent option.

Directions: Right across from Palais des Congrès; follow Avenue du Parc if you're coming into the city through Outremont.

More about Le Westin Montreal

Beautiful Hotel-Construction is Basically Finished

by TripAdvisor Member mrg0137

My family recently stayed at Le Westin Montreal for 3 nights while touring the city, and this hotel is beautiful and fresh. At this point, the vast majority of construction in the hotel is finished. You no longer need to worry about the hotel being understaffed, elevators not working, dusty rooms, etc. We didn't encounter any problems. The only things that still need to be finished are the sidewalk pavement on the corner by the hotel and a little bit of construction in a small area near the fitness center. However, these are extremely minor things that won't impact your stay.

When we arrived to check-in, we were greeted by an extremely professional and upbeat staff. Since the hotel is so new, everyone who works there still seems to be energetic and excited, ready to help you with whatever you need. The valet staff was helpful, but not pushy, greeting us every time we walked into or out of the hotel and always bringing the car up very quickly. We were impressed by the staff's ability to recognize us and always greet us in English once they realized that we don't speak French. It was a nice little detail that you don't necessarily find at large city hotels. The front desk staff was also very professional, willing to answer any of our questions and addressing concerns with the utmost in professionalism.

The drive-up entrance area to the hotel is nice, in that it is completely covered and removed from the street. It was nice to be able to walk into the covered area and get the car brought up without feeling like we were in the middle of a busy city street. This will definitely be nice in the winter.

Because the hotel was made from a combination of old and new buildings and wings, it is set up a little bit oddly, but we never found this to be a problem. The lobby is rather large, with seating areas on one side, and a large check-in area on the other. There were escalators up to the second floor which offered more seating areas and the lounge/bar.

We were given a room with 2 queen beds in the new main tower where most rooms are located (I believe it was called the St. Antoine tower). The elevators were down a hallway past the restaurant, and front desk. It was kind of nice that we had to walk past the front desk every time we went to the room, since the staff always said hello and recognized us by the second day.

Each of the guest room floors is relatively small, set up in a square shape with rooms on all 4 sides. I imagine that some of the views are less than stellar, but we were given a room on a high floor facing out toward Rue St. Antoine, so we had a decent view of the Palais de Congres, the small park/square by the hotel, and some downtown office and apartment buildings. The room itself was gorgeous and brand new. Everything still had a new smell to it, in a good way. The room had 2 queen beds with the usual Westin white down ensemble. There was a small sitting area with 2 chairs, a large desk, and a nice large flat screen tv. The bathroom was one of our favorite parts, as it was spacious with a huge walk-in shower. This is a feature we loved. For a city hotel, the room was actually very large, and the window was large to let in a lot of light during the day. Everything was decorated in gray, white, and light blue, so we found the room to be a true calming retreat after each long day of touring Montreal.

We were on the executive club level, so we had access to the club lounge. Since our stay was partially over a weekend, we didn't get full use of it. We arrived on Saturday night and we were surprised that it wasn't open for breakfast until Tuesday, with hors d'oeuvres being offered starting on Monday night. The club lounge staff was all very pleasant and professional, and the lounge itself had a lot of nice seating. It could be a bit small if the hotel was full, but we didn't experience any problems. We enjoyed the breakfast, with the usual cold items.

We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant, but we did take a peek at the menu for breakfast and prices were the usual for hotels, with the buffet breakfast around $20 per person and individual entrees around $14. We didn't check the menu for dinner.

The indoor swimming pool is very interesting and fun, since it has a glass bottom in the center that looks down to the hotel entranceway below. It was always fun to walk into the hotel and watch people swimming above, and our family enjoyed going in the pool. There were also two smaller pools next to the large glass-bottom pool, which looked like jacuzzis, but turned out not to be. I don't exactly know what they were, since they were the same depth as the main pool, but weren't any warmer and didn't have whirlpool jets. The pool closes early at 7 pm, so be aware of this before planning a later swim.

The hotel's location is perfect for touring Montreal. There are 2 metro stops within easy walking distance, Square Victoria and Place d'Armes. The hotel staff directed us to walk to the 2 blocks to Square Victoria, but we found it easier to use Place d'Armes, which can be accessed very easily by walking through the nice and new Palais de Congres that is directly across the street. Vieux Montreal and the Notre Dame Basilica are only a block or two away as well. We also walked from the hotel up to McGill University and Parc Mont Royal, which were a bit of an uphill hike, but still doable. The area around the hotel was a bit dead on the weekend, since it's a business area, but it was very safe and centrally located to everywhere we wanted to go. There are many restaurants close to the hotel. You may not see much upon first inspection, but walking around the surrounding 2 or 3 blocks in any direction will reveal a good number of cafes and restaurants.

All in all, we loved our stay at this brand new hotel. Everything about it was new and clean, with the great service and atmosphere we've come to expect at Westin properties. We didn't experience any problems with construction, so I'd say it's now safe to start staying here! Most of the kinks seem to be worked out. We'll be back if we're even in Montreal again.

Not Westin Quality

by TripAdvisor Member nsvcat

My husband planned a spontaneous getaway to Montreal to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were concerned about the Westin after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, especially as we have previously stayed at the W in Montreal and had a great time. We called the Westin and they assured us that they had improved, including the pool being opened.

Needless to say, we arrived at the hotel today. We waited 20 minutes to check in at the desk for Gold/Platinum members to be told when we were next that the concierge would help us when they could and the attendant simply left us standing there dumbfounded. We were finally checked in and "upgraded" to a deluxe king room on the 8th floor with a city view. City view=looking into neighboring office windows including in the bathroom. Deluxe=space for 2 large pillars in the room that make it awkward to navigate the room. My husband grew tired of waiting for the bellman and grabbed our luggage and brought it to the room himself. (Nobody even questioned why we were taking luggage from behind the bellman's stand.) We found trash from the prior occupants of the room on the desk (they were Gold passport members and paid $199 per night.) To our utmost dismay, housekeeping came after we had checked in and asked us if she had cleaned the room yet. I assume the answer is not completely as we found the prior occupants trash. The final kickers: the pool is not open, it smells of paint/dust, there is construction still going on, the mini-bar is an empty space in the room, and it takes ~10 minutes for the elevator to arrive.

The good part is that they have free Internet and I can post how horrible this experience has been thus far. If it changes, I will update this posting, but I am not hopeful. (It also has a Heavenly bed.)

It may be a great hotel in the future, but I would not risk it. The W is a few blocks away and we had a great experience there previously. Their "deals" are not worth a dusty, dirty (but supposedly new) room with a view of office buildings!

Great location and good price

by TripAdvisor Member microcat

The staff were really nice and helpful, the rooms were clean and spacious, beds really comfortable. Bathrooms were nice and it was really quiet. The pool would have been nice, but it wasn't complete and some of the elevators were not in operation yet. Some things in the room caused a bit of inconvenience (no fridge, no ice on the floor yet, some minor details in the bathroom were incomplete, ridiculously expensive bottled water in the rooms). The parking is pretty expensive too but the staff pointed us to cheaper parking across the street. Our room had a great view but our friend's room looked out onto a brick wall.
Basically this hotel is complete enough to be open for operation - but just barely.
However, overall it was good. We got a really really good price for the night and it was in a great location, it was very comfortable and the staff were nice.

Potential but just not ready

by TripAdvisor Member abomb526

When we arrived after our 6 hour drive, we pulled up to where we thought the valet should be, in front of the hotel. We didn't find one so we continued to an area where it looked like the parking lot was only to find I almost slammed into a circular construction site. After 20 minutes of trying to get out because there wasn’t a U-Turn available, my hubby had to drive the car out while I stayed outside and directed. No one came out to help.

We told the hotel this twice and even after 3 nights of stay, they still didn't put up a sign to warn guests. I heard a couple of folks did the same thing from other guests. We went to the front office only to find our room wasn't ready even after I called twice to confirm. They asked us to join the happy hour on the 3rd floor where wine and cheese were being given. I asked them where the pool was (after confirming w/ a SPG rep.) and they told me it won't be opened until fall. I was pretty pissed off and the parking space about this but up we went, they told us we can cab it for free to the Sheraton. After pouring a glass of wine and beginning to RELAX, we were approached by a server telling us we "over poured" what was our half glasses of wine. We were mortified, as other guests were staring at us so we moved.

Finally, our room was ready, we were upgraded and we found it nice but not completed. The club room usually is the best at any SPG property but this looked like a standard. The drawer’s knobs were missing and the hallway lights electrical wires were hanging down. I told my husband forget it, let's just go work out. The gym's restrooms were not even competed, there were black curtains everywhere and the carpet wasn't installed correctly. There was no water and 2 guests when we arrived said they called twice. We gave up on that and went back up to get dressed and to ask the concierge where we should go. They really had no clue but we were told to make sure to come back to the Club Room happy hour (not the bar one) for the club room guests. When we did trek all the way back, making sure not to miss it, you will not believe that it was closed. No warning, sign or anything. We called and they told us, that staff member was sick.

On the 2nd day, while I was waiting for my hubby to come down, he got stuck in the elevator (which only 2 were working). When we got back later, none were working and we had to use the freight elevator to go up and down, they told us they would call the guests when the elevator was working. We never got that call. I called SPG to let them this is a safety concern and to also inform them on what was going on with the hotel. We were filed a report but our stay was already ruined.

Again, no water in the gym had to call twice. We were also being stared at by the servers at the bar; I think they thought we were going to pour another glass of wine! Way to treat gold and platinum guests.

They hotel staff as kind and sweet as they were just seemed to be lost. The concierge really had no idea where to send us on all 3 nights so I went on the internet to check w/ TA (this was a last minute trip). The staff just kept apologizing for everything that was happening, SPG even had the manager call us and speak with us about our stay.

By the last night it was too late. We decided to go to Montreal for anniversary and I have to say I think not having an amazing time had a lot to do with the frustrations of the hotel. We just never knew what was going to go wrong when we got back. I would stay here again but not for some time and making sure with trip advisor reviewers that it is ready. The staff, especially the manager, Vincent, tried their absolute best to make things right but it just didnt make up for things. The hotel is beautiful and has A LOT of potential but for the Westin brand and the price, try elsewhere and try it next year when all the kinks are out.

Great Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member LasVegasInJuly

We stayed at the Westin for one night on July 17th. We thought the hotel was very nice, it felt very luxurious. The pool and gym were both open and being used. The valet service went smoothly. When we checked in, the person at the front desk told us they would give us a nice room with a view, and they did! We had a beautiful view of the city. I'm not sure what other people are complaining about, but we thought the room was very nice and the bed is sooooooo comfortable. My only complaint was that they forgot to put bar soap in our bathroom, but no biggie. Just ask and they'll send some to your room.

great location great rooms

by TripAdvisor Member londonwesty

My wife and I stayed at Le Westin in early July for 3 nights while we visited sites in and around Montreal. I got a deal on the Westin through Travelzoos which gave us 45% off the listed rate so that was quite nice.
The hotel was only opened for 7 weeks when we stayed so they were still working on some parts and the pool was not yet opened. It all still smelled new.
The valet parking was a real treat and not something this traveler is used to. This service was included in the $26/night parking fee which is reasonable considering you are downtown and you would be hard pressed to find better price to park.
Rooms were very nice and spacious. Beds were very comfortable with lots of pillows and bathroom was spacious and well appointed. We did not have a tub, only shower, which was okay with us.
Location of this hotel is what really sold me. 2 blocks from Notre Dame church and within walking distance of all other old downtown activities. Nice for seeing the sites and going for drinks and dinners.

The service was fantastic, but this hotel is missing a few things

by TripAdvisor Member global_trekkerNYC

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. The entire staff was the most friendliest and courteous bunch- from the valet to the front desk. Getting our car out of the parking garage was very easy each morning. We called the front desk and made them aware of the time we needed the car and it was down by the valet stand each time. The linens on the bed was fabulous - soft, comfy and to die for.

However, we were missing a refrigerator in our room, but we had the ice maker across the hall. The pool area was left to be desired on the 4th floor. It was rather small and none of them were heated so it was a bit cold in the beginning. But we did enjoy that everything was so new.

Birthing Pains at the newest Westin

by TripAdvisor Member texanchef

This Westin is the newest in the group and opened in June. The handsome re-use of an old Montreal newspaper building is quite impressive.

The hotels' entrance is literally carved into the building and features a one of kind swimming pool atop the entrance where swimmers wave at the visiting guest through the pool's glass bottom!

The rooms have been cleverly incorporated into the building design. The corner rooms are suite like in size with wall- to wall windows.

The hotel si still in a shakeout period. On Sunday, the elevators had a mind of their own. We rode a full elevator up and down three times as it round tripped between the 3rd and 17th floors without stopping.

The hotel's restaurant was inundated with breakfast guests taking advantage of the buffet. There was a long line of guests waiting for a table and the servers were overwhelmed by the crowds. As most of the diners used buffet coupons, I can't see a change in the crowds.

The hotel is only half open and they are finishing construction of a second wing. Hopefully, they will be able to accomodate more guests at the restaurant in the future.

The location is very convenient to Old Montreal, Notre Dame and the Congrees Center.

The building is connected to the passageways behind the buiding for those seeking cover during inclement weather and the Congress Center connects the undergorund passage ways and subway.

Was expecting more from a Westin

by TripAdvisor Member buzzinlites

We decided to stay here b/c this hotel was only 7 months old. Typically, new hotels are very clean and everything seemed a little nicer. Even though the hotel was open, construction was not complete. The pool was still being worked on. So, if you want to go to the pool, they tell you to use the pool at the InterContinental next door (as they are sharing a pool until the Westin’s pool is done). We noticed that even though it was only a few months old, hardware for the dresser was missing. Also, the hotel maintenance crew insisted on coming in when the ‘do not disturb’ sign was posted on the door, to take a look at broken bathroom door, which was not reported by us (does this mean they put us in a room knowingly with a broken shower door?). The hotel also makes the bed with 2 thick down comforters (it took us 2 nights to figure this out), which is probably useful during the cold winters. However, our stay was in July, we were sweating every night with the temperature @ 64 degrees Ferenheit. We finally decided put one of the comforters on the floor

There are some pluses to this hotel, it is very convenient - only 3 blocks to Rue St. Paul, the heart of old Montreal and the Notre Dame Church. There are tons of great eateries near by and a short walk to metro.

The poor rating is because I expected a new Westin to be better. I would only recommend this hotel if they have better service & completed their construction. Otherwise, stay elsewhere.

Comments