4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

1425 rue de la Montagne, Montreal, Quebec, H3G 1Z3, Canada

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• A Rare Find

Service is exceptional, the largest bathroms you will ever see, seriously I spent more time in there than in the bedroom, flat screen TV's in the Jacuzzi - yum!, nice lounge near all

Unique Quality: Bathrooms, nothing better, they must be 150 sqf each

Directions: Right across the street from Oglivies Department Store

• DeAngel79's Profile Photo

High class

This is a very nice hotel, you are treated very well, I like to leave a tip for housekeeping, after all they are people to and when you do this they are more acommedating to you.

Unique Quality: The bathroom is big and the canopy beds with big fluffy down comforters are a nice touch.

• enofile's Profile Photo

A NICE ROOM-BUT WHERE'S THE SCENE?

The descriptions of this hotel in the guide books make you feel that this is the hip and trendy spot to stay at in Montreal. While the room was large and lovely, there was absolutely no bar scene nor was there an outdoor terrace to sit at. if you can get a deal, this is a great place to rest your head. If you must pay top dollar, I do not know what the fuss is all about.

Unique Quality: The room has a certain Francais panache!

• Stellaluna's Profile Photo

Holiday Hideway

Our stay at the Loews Vogue was in December of 2004. We picked a very snowy weekend to stay in the city and were greeted at the curb by a doorman all bundled up in a red and green wool coat and hat. He looked right out of an oldtime holiday picture. Our room was beautiful. When we arrived soft music was playing on a bedside CD player and the bed was already turned down.

The bathroom was extraordinary!! Marble everywhere and a super deep jacuzzi tub. There was a telephone in the bathroom as well as a small color television. Needless to say we spent some of the chilly nights lounging in the hot tub watching tv.

The rooms were big and we had a great view of the city. We would stay here again in a heartbeat. One of my favorite Montreal hotels.

Directions: Located on the Rue de la Montagne

More about Loews Hotel Vogue

Our Favorite Montreal Get-away!

by TripAdvisor Member colbeck

We just spent a wonderful weekend at Loews Hotel Vogue. The room was lovely and the staff friendly, professional and very helpful. Service really counts in this hotel! The location is great too -- easy walking distance to shopping and restaurants.

Would stay again in a heartbeat!

Just returned from a 4-night stay at the Loews Hotel Vogue. I was visiting Montreal for medical reasons and was therefore not able to do much sightseeing but appreciated the central location of the hotel. The spacious non-smoking room on the 7th floor provided a great environment for convalescing. Comfortable bed, beautiful linens. The bathroom was gigantic and about 4x bigger than the one in a Quebec City hotel I stayed at later in the week. Lighted makeup mirror, jacuzzi, TV near tub, separate shower...room done in marble.

I got a rate of $152.19 CA by booking the room on the hotel's web site, and I'm looking forward to staying here again for my follow-up visits. The staff was wonderful.

Awesome bed, Great Hospitality

Just stayed here this past weekend. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I would stay here again or at any other loewes hotel. The hotel vogue is charming and in a great location. The staff is all about great service. The concierge was most helpful Mr. Louis Phillipe Talbot made reservations for us at a fabulous restaurant, gave us driving directions and tips about the city and recommendations for the nightlife. Everyone that works here is friendly and hospitable but best of all was the bed. we stayed in a room with a queen canopy bed. This is one of the most comfortable beds i have ever slept in as well the duvet and linens were awesome. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. A++++++

Oh while we were there we did look at a couple of the hotels that were options for us hotel st. james, xixe sielce and the place d'arms and i am glad that we chose the loewes i felt that we got what we paid for and more.

Nice stay

by TripAdvisor Member NTraveler

I had a nice stay at the Vogue.

The room was very large - about 350 sq. ft. and well decorated. The bathroom was about 50%+ larger than most hotel bathrooms for this class.
9 foot high ceilings in the room.

The only minor points I would note are that the carpet had a couple of stains near the minibar and was getting a bit worn, the mattress was not pillow top(which I prefer), and most rooms do not have much of a view. On Staturday nights you can hear cars outside (from the front rooms) until quite late.

Would stay here again.

Very comfortable

I got a great rate of $179.00 Canadian (US145.00) through Destina for one night. The room was large with a fourposter bed,a dressing area and a big cosy bathroom with jacuzzi and seperate shower stall. Free newspaper and bedside chocolates are included too. Hotel is classy and ideally situated in the middle of everything. I had breakfast in the lovely dining room and it was reasonable at 18.50 Canadian including tax and tip for an excellent full American breakfast with unlimited delicious cups of coffee. Staff are charming and very professional to top off what was for me a perfect stay. Value and quality cannot be beat.

Lovely hotel in a beautiful city

by TripAdvisor Member Jerri_Blank

This is in a perfect location in central Montreal (a lot of other hotels are nearby too though). I had an executive suite. Two entrances, a kitchenette area, dining room area, living room, two desk workstations, two bathrooms (one with a shower, one with a jacuzzi and small color TV), two closets, a vanity area and the bedroom. The bed was superb. I had three-courses of room service, which was very good, although my main dish (a pizza) was a bit oily, dessert was great. The workout room was better than average (several machines, all of which work...which seems to never be the case at hotels...). Staff was very friendly. My only complaint is that I didn't have a view - I look out the back of the hotel at an alley and backs of other buildings.
Other reviews mentioned that it was noisy. I was woken up at 3am by some drunks yelling in French. But this is a city, noise happens in cities and I'm fine with it - was not a big deal to me.
The only thing I would consider knocking down the rating for would be the view, but I have stayed in several hotels in Montreal and none of them have had views except for the Hilton - and the Hilton was just gross in the room...I'd rather have no view and luxury.

Nightlife for a handsome 41 yr old male?

by Frankie515

I used to live in Montreal a while back, I am divorced and going up there in a couple weeks.

I dont want to do the college crowd thing, any good suggestions for more sophisticated singles bars or lounges?

RE: Nightlife for a handsome 41 yr old male?

by YVRDave

Hotel Vogue

Rated R for Mature

by etrehumain

Hello Frankie,

if you aren't looking for young crowd, just don't go on Crescent st or St-Laurent st. There is a lot of good spot on Mont-Royal like BARRACA, EDGAR HYPERTAVERNE, or on Ontario st like L'ILE NOIRE, PELLERIN-MAGELLAN or QUARTIER LATIN PUB. In Plateau Mont-Royal and Quartier Latin districts, you will find a crowd between 30 and 45 years old.

Go on my Montreal page under nightlife to know a little more (and vote for me).

Bon voyage !

dANz

RE: Nightlife for a handsome 41 yr old male?

by Frankie515

Thank you for answering my questions.

Any other ideas will be most appreciated.

RE: RE: Nightlife for a handsome 41 yr old male?

by YVRDave

Aparently the bar across the street from the Vouge is a cougar bar too

Comments