1050 de la Gauchetiere West, Montreal, Quebec, H3B 4C9, Canada

Booking.com Expedia.com Marriott.com

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Athena1965's Profile Photo

Very convenient, really nice

There were four of us, 2 kids. We made a make-shift beds for the kids using the comforters, blankets and pillows on the floor. The room was good size, view was nice, did not try the breakfast. The pool was not exceptionally clean, but a lot of fun for the kid.
    The hotel people are very friendly and nice, one of the managers gave us a tour of the meeting rooms upstairs and we saw all the city lights. Some of the furniture is a tad dated, as are the closet doors, bathroom is a bit small when all four are trying to get ready. However, this was close to Chinatown, we walked or took the metro.

Unique Quality: The subway station is right in the hotel, yes, no kidding, is directly underneath the building with a "secret passage" - the kiddo thought that was just the coolest thing in the world.

• fdrich29's Profile Photo

Fantastic view of Montreal

This was our first stay at the Marriott Chateau Champlain and we were very pleased. We arrived to the hotel at 11:15 am and check in time was not until 3 pm. The person at the desk was very friendly and apologized that we were not able to check in yet because they were very busy and things were a bit chaotic. I wasn't expecting to check in so early (hoping maybe), but I had read on VT that someone arrived there and found they had been overbooked and they didn't have a room. With my wife six month's pregnant I didn't want to chance that. We left our bags with the bell hop and parked our car in the self parking lot below the hotel, but they do have a valet. We got directions to Little Italy from the concierge, who was very helpful and thorough. The Bonaventure Metro stop can be accessed via an elevator behind the concierge station, which was very convenient. After spending the day in Little Italy we returned to the hotel and checked in. I was asked if I was afraid of heights, because our room was on the 28th floor. Truth be told, I am terrified of heights, but I accepted the room anyway and was very glad I did. Our view of Montreal was spectacular. We took a nap for an hour or so then went down to spend some time in the pool. I started with the hot tub, then showered, which was in the restroom by the hot tub, then jumped in the pool with my wife. The pool area also features a day spa and a gym that rivaled the one I use at home. Very nice facilities. The room was spacious and the bathroom very comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was fantastic, very powerful.

Unique Quality: The pool, easy access to shopping and the Metro...This Marriott has everything and is ideally located in the heart of Montreal.

• thebeatsurrender's Profile Photo

Great place if yr company pays and you don't smoke

Pros: Gorgeous view, an awesome bed, excellent housekeeping, free lox and bagels at the VIP lounge upstairs (but i think you need status or to pay extra for access), and really good water pressure in the shower, central location

Cons: You're not allowed to smoke anywhere in the hotel (this is a pro for some people), limited TV

Unique Quality: Damn, that shower was good.

Directions: Downtown

• alsport's Profile Photo

In the heart of Downtown

It didn't start out very well. They were oversold the night we arrived, despite reservations that were made in four months prior. They were apologetic about putting us in a "parlor room" and treated us to breakfast the next morning. We moved us to a new room after our first night and everything ran smoothly from that point on.
    Kudos to the conscierge(s) they had all of the right answers and pulled all of the right strings for us.

Unique Quality: The pool is indoors. It's not big but it is sufficient. It's a little strange having to walk through the massage spa to get to the pool but I don't mind if they don't.
    You can access the metro station through the lobby so you don't even have to go outside if you don't want to. Views from the rooms are pretty impressive with something to see from every angle. If you do get outside, there are a lot of things to see and do within walking distance.

Directions: It's right next to the Bell Centre (where the Canadiens play) and Cathedral Marie-Reine-du-Monde (church).
    You would take the Metro to the Boneventure stop.

• musbars's Profile Photo

Cheesegrader

Its a real pleasure to stay in this hotel. Its characterised by it unique architecture and location of choice in the downtown area.

Unique Quality: Centrum location, clean, with a very good service. Nice window views, walking distance to the main street. GUM, spa, shops, restaurant with very nice menu, bar, exit to the metro station

Directions: downtown

• Graham_OZ's Profile Photo

Dependable Quality - at a price.

I have stayed at the Marriott Chateau Champlain on 3 occassions, mainly for business, but one trip doubled as an extended stay for pleasure.

The hotel, as with many Marriott's delivers a consistent level of service. Staff are always very professional, as long as your requests sticks within the boundaries of what they are used to dealing with. During weekdays, the clients appeared almost exlcusively business, with a mixture of tourists on the weekend.

The location of the hotel is not right in the thick of things, but I thought it was great, somewhere in the middle between the main shopping / bar district around Rue St-Catherine and the old port (both around 10 mins walk).

I only ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant, which was good.

Unique Quality: At the time I stayed, free wireless internet was being installed, which was good.

Refer above for location info.

• Marriott Chateau Champlain

Marriott Chateau Champlain

Unique Quality: Good location, excellent views, Moroccan style windows which give somewhat of a fish eye perspective. There's a subway station directly underneath and the hotel is linked to the Ville Souterraine (underground city).

Directions: Place du Canada, Centre-Ville de Montreal

More about Marriott Chateau Champlain

Typical Marriott

by TripAdvisor Member sam0123

I travel 100k+ miles per year in North America on business, and end up staying mostly at Marriott- or Hilton-affiliated properties.

The Marriott Chateau Champlain stay was a typical Marriott: consistent, pleasant, and mostly unremarkable.

The check-in staff was fast, efficient, and proficient.

The room I stayed was on a high floor. It was basic uninteresting, non-offensive Marriott room. It was showing it's age a little, the dressing area with it's shaggy carpeting and mismatched mirror light bulbs was a bit 1979 in appearance, but everything was clean. The steam iron was not functioning properly, but got the job done.

The rooms all had free WiFi internet access, a great departure from the typical full-service Marriotts in the US where web access in rooms is wired-only and expensive.

Breakfast staff was almost overbearingly attentive in a formal sort of way, but pleasant. Unlike most US full-service Marriotts, their breakfast buffet didn't have made-to-order omeletts, but was otherwise a typical Marriott buffet.

Location is convenient for most business travelers.

I must say my previous stay in Montreal was far more interesting, I stayed in Old Montreal at Auberge Bonaparte, a small hotel with way more personality. This time I chose Marriott, as I had no time on this trip to enjoy the area, hotel was just a place to work and sleep for a few hours. Next time I'm back with more leisure time, I'm choosing Auberge Bonaparte again.

Great Downtown Location, good quality hotel

by TripAdvisor Member deych00

My wife and I just came back from a trip to Montreal. I spent several days trying to decide where to stay and finally booked Marriott Chateau Champlain, total price for 4 nights $645. In my opinion, it is expensive for this type of hotel.
HOTEL PLUS: nice clean room but a bit small for the price, great downtown location, nice view from hotel, direct access to Subway station (cost is $2.50 per person one way), access to underground shopping areas and restaurants, and to many nearby buildings, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Amenities include room service, very nice pool and hot tub, good size gym. Spa, hair salon are also on the premises and offer services at a reasonable price.

HOTEL MINUS: nothing is included in the price of the room. Mattress is very hard... Hotel restaurant is very expensive, expect to pay around $20 for breakfast, and about $30+ for dinner per person. Instead, 5 minute walk will take you to underground shopping/restaurant areas where you can get your breakfast for less than $7 per person. Self parking is $14 per day. Valet parking is $21 per day. If you plan on driving around town, make sure to use valet parking since you'd have to pay $14 to self park every single time you exit the parking garage. I also noticed other parking areas near the hotel that charge between $7 and $10 per day. Note that subway (metro as they call it in Montreal) will take you virtually to any destination.

All in all, if you are looking for a great location hotel with nice amenities and don't mind few extra expenses, Marriott is a good choice. For more information visit their website. I've also included some pictures we took.

Hi!

We are planning to go up to ALTITUDE 737 when we're in Montreal. My question is, if we go to Happy Hour or to see the sunset at the club and then decide to go somewhere else for dinner: WILL THEY LET YOU RE-ENTER the club again later??

Just because I don't want to eat there -- just go up for sunset and return for dancing. But I don't know if, for example, they'll stamp your hand for re-entry.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

by hawkhead

Don't know as I was last in Altitutde 737 years and years ago! However, one nice place to go for a drink is at the top of the Chateau Champlain Hotel.

by jojonana

They tend to be quite rude at 737. Specially if it's a popular night (Thursday, Friday), I would'nt count on them letting you back in. You should know that there are often long lines to get in...

RE: RE: Question for anyone who has been to ALTITUDE 737 in Montreal for drinks/dancing!

by bettyo70

Jojonana: I think I can handle rudeness -- I'm from NYC, where Attitude Problems seem to THRIVE!(chuckle)

I'm willing to put up with a little of that in exchange for a gorgeous view and a chance to dance outside on a terrace so high up.

Cheers!

by jojonana

Chuckle.... Then you'll be fine, you new yorker you! :) The Attitude thing is just so rare in Montreal, I guess we locals are not used it!
Have a great trip!

by bettyo70

Don't want to scare you from NYC. There are really great, friendly people here also.

But if you are going to a place that is in the "trendy hotspot" category, people working there are so stressed out that they unfortunately end up taking it out on the customer! It happens sometimes...too many people + too much stress = HUGE ATTITUDE ISSUES. (Mostly will happen in the very popular clubs and restaurants.)

Cheers!

by jojonana

Don't worry! I've been to NYC many times and it's one of my favourite places on earth! :)

by bettyo70

Is HAWKHEAD in the house??

Wanted to ask where HOTEL CHATEAU CHAMPLAIN is located. (You had mentioned their rooftop terrace was a fun place to hang out.)

THNAKS!!

by hawkhead

It's downtown Montreal - look it up on Google.

Comments