Novotel Montreal Centre

See Amenities
tvor's Profile Photo

Attractive hotel in Montreal centre

by written on July 19, 2014

We spent two nights here in July 2014. The Novotel was modern, stylish and comfortable. The room was very large, large enough for a cot and still plenty of room to move around. The beds were very comfortable as were the pillows and they had really nice linen. The room has a large desk and a mini-bar which we used to keep our own things cold. There were two chairs and a little table as well. Our room faced an inner courtyard so, while there was no view, it was blissfully quiet.

The bathroom was clean and the water was nice and hot. Lots of room on the shelf for three people's bits and pieces. Enough towels, too.

There is apparently a very good fitness room. We didn't use it. I did notice several Mac computers in the lobby area and the wifi was free in the rooms (though they charge 10 dollars a day for high speed wifi, the regular speed was a little slow but it worked fine. Didn't try to upload photos so that might have been painful)

We got a good price as one of us booked a government rate but it didn't come with breakfast so I can't speak for that. The location is fantastic. The Bell Centre is at the end of the block one way and St. Catherine Street is at the end of the block the other way. The airport bus, the 747, stops at the end of the block by the Bell Centre as well. The Peel Metro station is a couple of blocks away and there are lots of restaurants in the area. The street behind the hotel is Crescent Street which is lined with restaurants and bars. You're spoiled for choice there.

We'd definitely stay here again.

Unique Quality: Good fitness centre, comfortable rooms, free wifi (or high speed wifi for a charge). Excellent location. There's an iPod dock in the clock radio (older style iPod I think)

Government rates include municipal which many hotels do not.

Directions: Across from the Bell Centre

AydanMirza's Profile Photo

Worst Service

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 6, 2007

One word....bad service. If you're planning on staying at the hotel where service is good, people are nice/understanding...then don't book this hotel.
The experience was not so good. Hotel needs to rehire or rewrite its customer goals. The breakfast area needs more staff. Service is slow and weak. By the way, whoever designed to build the hotel had the worst idea on the restroom doors. No lock on the door or privacy whatsoever.

DJMist's Profile Photo

Solid hotel with a great location

by written on September 10, 2006

My accommodations were great. The staff was very friendly and my room was very comfortable. I did stay in an upgraded room which cost me a bit more but offered higher quality bedding which I always find worthwhile. While a cost of $130 USD per night is a bit more than I was comfortable spending, I soon found the Novotel well worth the cost. The location was perfect - only a block from the Bell Center if you come to see hockey. I was able to walk to almost everything I wanted to see and the Metro was close for the sights I couldn’t walk to. The hotel was quiet, and - although I did not take advantage of many of them - most popular amenities were offered.

Unique Quality: Exceptionally inviting and comfortable room with plasma HDTV. The bath had a detachable rain maker shower head that made for a relaxing shower. Wireless internet was available for a $11 CAD/night additional charge - I did not use the service. The hotel had a restaurant, L'O, that I did not try. The menu looked a bit generic - I was there to experience some new flavors. One concern was the parking: the hotel does not manage the garage and the spaces are small in size and limited in number. I didn't have any issues but I was concerned since the hotel claims no liability. The cost was $15.50/day with hourly rates as well.

Directions: Between Boulevard René-Lévesque and Rue Ste. Catherine

Oustanding

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 15, 2006

The hotel is located a couple of blocks away from Crescent street.
The executive room is large and nicely furnished.
King size bed, sofa, bay window and flat screen TV.
Ideal for business travelers

Unique Quality: Excellent soundproofing,
great location.

jamiesno's Profile Photo

Great Location - Novotel

by written on October 26, 2005

I provided the web site if you want all the details on the Novotel but I have to say I really enjoyed my stay with the place and was very impressed with everything.

Rooms
The rooms where all well designed and had a swanky look and feel to them. There was even some interpretation of the design from hotel management. The king size bed was very comfortable as well. Be warned about the "smart" fridges. If you move anything in the fridge you get charged. It doesn't matter if you put it back or not. The fridge is conveniently no that "smart".

L'O Restaurant
The buffet was awesome. At $15.50 it was a little higher than average but the quality of the food is very obvious. It's not your typical hotel buffet. I really enjoyed the crepes. The decor of the place was cool too with large screens of fish. It created a nice atmosphere. I noticed in the evenings it was changed to a fire.

Location
This place is perfectly located if you are planning on going to a hockey game. It is literally between 4 and 5 minutes to the Bell Centre. So very very convenient. Especially once you see the traffic congestion at a hockey game! It is also perfectly located if you are heading to one of Montreal's famous nightlife area's; Crescent Street. Crescent was less than 10 minutes away.

Other
I learnt as well if you don't already have hockey tickets. The front desk can arrange them for you. They have a number of some place and they have have them dropped off at the hotel. I ended up going to a scalper after but I thought that was great.

cfuentesm's Profile Photo

Novotel Montreal

by written on October 8, 2005

Great location near the train station. The hotel offers all modern amenities, although the staff isn't very amicable. Large rooms, some with bay windows that offer views of the street. I liked this hotel.

2Peter's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 8, 2005

As it was mentioned, the hotel's location is great, near shopping, night life and great restaurants. We stayed here 2 night 6/29 and 30th. Our room, at the 6th floor. The bathroom was small but modern decorated and clean. Our room had a back street view and overlooking the roof of a building that was being renovated and you guessed it, every morning around 7:30 the construction people start to hammer away. The buffet style breakfast is not included and it's rather expensive, $C16 or $C18 (cant remember exactly), but by the time we went down to eat (around 9:30) the eggs were cold as well as most of the other staff that supposed to be hot. The restaurant serves also lunch and dinner but is way overpriced, many other better choices with in walking distance. Overall, a good, clean place in a great area that serves the purpose, get a good night rest. If you can get a deal on Priceline or other discount website don't hesitate, if you have to pay full price...think about other options first.

Unique Quality: I was told that they have a gym but did not feel the need to see it.

Blanula's Profile Photo

Good location

by written on June 9, 2005

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and it was fine. We arrived at midnight and were greeted by a friendly staff. Our room was looking on to the main road, which is quite noisy but you would expect that from a hotel in the centre of a city.
It is just a few steps from St. Catherines street, close to the Metro, Shops, Bars...
For the price it was definitely a wide choice. The only think which we did not like was the price of the breakfast! We had just one breakfast at the hotel, the rest we ate in the local caffes and sandwich shops.
The rooms do not have a safe (only executive rooms have safe). You can have a safe deposit box in the reception (for free).

All in all, if I went to Montreal again, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel. It was clean, in perfect location and we did not have any problems with the staff - they were all friendly.

Directions: Downtown

• Kids Activities
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Bar / Lounge

Montreal Travel Forum

Need advice about Montreal, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Montreal and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Montreal hotel reviews

Holiday Inn Select Montreal Centre Ville
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Hotel Intercontinental Montreal
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 7 Reviews
CLOSED Holiday Inn - Montreal (Midtown)
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews