Opus Montreal

10 Sherbrooke Ouest, Formerly Hotel Godin, Montreal, Quebec, H2X 4C9, Canada

Hotel 10
Hotels.com Travelocity Booking.com

• wahine76's Profile Photo

A new boutique hotel in the heart of the action

Affordable for a boutique hotel and well-located near downtown and the Plateau district. Opus Montreal is a trendy and modern boutique hotel.

The beds are very comfortable, the bathrooms are nice and modern. Each room is equipped with hi-tech accessories, perfect for Business travelers.

Hotel Opus has a lounge-restaurant with a big patio called Suco and a new bar, the Opus, that will open shortly in the Spring. It also has a gym, and a hair salon adjacent to it.

Rooms start at $229 a night.

Unique Quality: The hotel was designed by the same duo who designed the W Hotel in Time Square, NYC. Each room has its own personality and is very colourful & trendy. For example, the "Billy" room is chartreuse green and very modern and european; whereas the "Mike" room is hot pink and has a yuppy look. "Susan" is lilac and has a decor that should appeal to jet set travelers.

Located at the corner of Sherbrooke and Saint-Laurent boulevard, Opus Montreal is well-located near the entertainment district and all the trendy bars, supper clubs and boutiques of St-Laurent blvd. It is also within walking distance of downtown, Old Montreal and the Gay Village. The Opus is just across the street from the Just for Laughs Cabaret.

Directions: Located at the edge of the Plateau district, at the corner of Sherbrooke street and Saint-Laurent Blvd.

More about Opus Montreal

smart montreal hotel

by kopke about hotel godin

four nights here.
very smart hotel - bit hip, friendly staff. not cheap but good value for money. location good: ten-fifteen minute walk down to tourist stuff of Old Montreal and the waterfront. Five minute walk to trendy bar/restaurant areas. cool rooms.

Lovin' Godin

by TripAdvisor Member JuanEsperanza

Just spent two wonderful nights at the Godin this past week. This is a very cool, comfortable hotel with a location that cannot be beat at the corner of Sherbrooke and St. Laurent.

Best Things:
- Super comfortable beds
- Large Bathrooms with fogless mirrors
- Fresh bath products
- Complimentary breakfast in the bar
- Cool lobby with mood lighting at night

Things to Improve:
- Bar is not open yet but will be soon
- No restaurant (maybe next year)

The bar and restaurant situation is not a big deal considering some of Montreal's best restaurants and bars are a 2.5 minute walk from the hotel (check out Time Cafe, Madonna did when I was there)

The staff was very attentive and helpful, and had lots of suggestions for restaurants and things to do. My room was super quiet with a nice mix of materials: wood, carpet and a concrete ceiling.

I can't wait to go back to Montreal and when I do I will be staying at Hotel Godin.

Charming, classy

It's not often we find boutique hotels that are cool without being cold, but Hotel Godin is it. We stayed in the basic room with kng size bed, which was spacious, airy, superbly designed, and wonderfuly comfortable. The included continental breakfast was great, and the espresso machine in the lobby with complimentary pound cake was a welcome sight after a long trip The staff were all utterly gracious, competent, and helpful. Add to this the perfect location, and we'll definitely be back over and over and over again.

Great boutique hotel, though not perfect

by TripAdvisor Member wekendtraveler

Wanted to stay at a boutique hotel in Montreal with my significant other - lots of choice of course, but wanted good value as well. Found Hotel Godin at $140/night for Friday and Saturday night which seemed like a steal and read great things about the history and design of the hotel and rooms.

The positives:
- Good amenities in the room: nice bathrobes, modern flat screen TV (24")
- Decor was very modern / trendy with deep colors, but still comfortable
- Privilege (standard) room was large enough and comfortable

The negatives:
- Service was hit-or-miss. Half the time there was no bellman at the door and we had to wait / look for him. Also the staff did not respond to a request for additional towels and glasses, claiming that "the hotel was quite busy". All in all, staff could have been friendlier, but service was not terrible
- Lighting in the rooms is not great, as others have mentioned

Overall, we were quite happy with the stay. It is a hotel with quite a lot of style. In fact, I would say that the rooms have a similar style to those at a W Hotel.

Very dark and gloomy

by TripAdvisor Member sarahgreg414

I was bumped to the Hotel Godin for a conference I was attending at the Congress Center. It is not really close to the Palais de Congrais/Congress Center. I think you need to be a person who likes this type of hotel to enjoy it.

Good points: The beds are VERY comfortable thought. The staff is nice as well.

Bad points: The walls in the bedroom are dark grey to light black. Everything in the hotel is various shades of grey. I found it depressing and hard to see in the room at night.
No coffee maker, no iron, no lobby store if you forget something.

I don’t think I’d stay there again as it was to dark for my liking.

Elegant Boutique Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member GiuseppeNYC

Our room was exceedingly stylish. Attention to details such as creative lighting, a very comfortable bed, dark warm colours for winter mixed with large mirrors and windows for light, all contributed a very balanced and comfortable -not to mention aesthetically pleasing- interior.

We wish the bathroom had a bathtub and not just a (albeit beautiful) shower: it's cold in Montreal and we would have liked to immerse ourselves to thaw.

We got a good deal on the hotel room online and so price versus quality was really quite astounding at the Godin: that is one reason we rate this hotel excellent and not simply above average.

The service at the hotel was discreet (in a European invisible hand way) and very helpful when we asked for advice on Montreal life and where to go out.

The location is excellent. We especially enjoyed two nearby restaurants: Au Pied de Cochon and L'Express.

It's worth mentioning that the Godin feels a little unfinished -partly because their bar has not yet opened: it is a beautiful space. I hope it's open next time we're in Montreal -we'll be staying at the Godin.

Fabulous.

I simply loved this hotel. It was chic, simple, stylish and perfect for a weekend getaway with the girls. I came with my best friend the other weekend and adored the room, the service (the concierge is the best thing that ever happened to us!) and the overall ambience.

We partied all night at the Globe Restaurant down the street and had a great time. The next morning, the breakfast was the perfect hangover cure. It was the best I've seen at a hotel so far.

For two girls who work in fashion publishing from New York, this hotel was a perfect answer for a few fabulous nights of partying in Montreal. I would think it to be Montreal's SoHo Grand or maybe the Mercer...its in a really trendy area that seemed to be close to everything that was worth seeing.

Cool but things you should know.....no booze!

by TripAdvisor Member sammyk

The Godin is designed as a cool, boutique style (read dark wood, polished concrete and fresh white linen) hotel, and it works on that level. The reception area is airy and welcoming, but we had read about the famous 'in room check in' and there was no sign of it despite the hotel not being too busy. The rooms are spacious with really comfortable beds, but no tea or coffee facilities and the wireless access didn't work in my room.

Breakfast is pretty good - toast, cheese, fruit, fresh bread and pastries - but the bran muffins weren't at all tasy and they frequently ran out of coffee, juice and eggs through not topping up often enough. There's a funky looking bar and sound system, and a terrace where you can take breakfast.

Now for the downside - they 'forgot' to collect my dry cleaning before the 9am deadline (despite my calling down) and as a result I had to chase to get my still dirty clothes returned before checking out the next day. No acceptable apology from housekeeping, although the guy who returned them was clearly embarrassed. My Canadian clients had arranged for a gift to be in our room on arrival, and it wasn't delivered to the room until 11.30pm at night. Having just got off a UK flight, it wasn't fun to be woken up by unsolicted room service!

Finally - and importantly - they have no alcohol license! No-one in the hotel mentions it, either when booking or when you're there, but there's only a soft drink mini bar and no way of purchasing wine, beer, anything. My Canadian clients informed me that the owners couldn't get a license, and that it was a bit of a standing joke accross the city that this cooler than cool hotel was dry!

All in it's a nice hotel, but service isn't quite right yet and they should really be telling people about the bar absence. You've been warned.....!

Comments