Place d'Armes Hotel

Le Place d'Armes Hotel & Suites
Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 36% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• calismt5's Profile Photo

Perfect location...off the hook hotel

Stayed 3 nights in Place D'Armes...had a balcony suite overlooking downtown Montreal. Hotel is located on the north end of Old Montreal. Walking distance to many restaurants, clubs, etc in Vieux Port.

The hotel itself consists of 3 buildings, building 3 was very nice. The bar was too packed to try out each night ( old montreal is a happening place during the summer on the weekends ) as well there was a wait to get to the rooftop terrace. We had our own balcony so the choice was obvious, order a bottle of red to our room.

Staff was friendly and professional.

Unique Quality: Spend the extra cash for a room with a balcony...if you are a smoker it is a must as all rooms are non smoking.

Directions: old montreal

• rtschneider's Profile Photo

Hotel Place D'Armes. I found...

Hotel Place D'Armes. I found this hotel by accident. I tried another hotel which was booked for the weekend and they pointed me to this one. It was slightly pricey, maybe about 200CAD for the night including all the taxes. But, this hotel was soooooo cool! We loved it! First it was brand spankin' new! Just remodeled earlier that summer. The rooms where so modern looking and this was the first hotel I ever stayed in where the bed was more comfortable then my own! The bathrooms were decorated in a very sleek modern look and the rooms even have a CD player. I, often times, like to go to sleep with soft music playing and I had just happened to pick up a CD in Quebec City earlier that day from a guy playing the Cello on the street. It was perfect. Another thing I thought was kinda of interesting is that the room had a cordless phone! Kind of funny. I would highly recommend this hotel. We had a great experience!
    I think I paid about 200CAD or just a little more for the night. In USD that would probably be about $150 or $160ish. Not too expensive for a downtown hotel actually. I think that it was worth it!

Unique Quality: The hotel was new, very clean, decorated with exceptional taste, and the price included parking and breakfast for two.

Directions: The location could not have been any better! When we walked out the front door we were standing almost directly in front of Notre Dame. And from there we can walk just about anywhere we wanted to go i

More about Place d'Armes Hotel

Absolutely elegant

My wife and I stayed here for a romantic second honeymoon in March 2004. We loved it and wouldn't change a thing. Wonderful appointments, fantastic renovation, and the corner rooms with the king beds, the view of the Cathedral and the jacuzzi are worth the upgrade. Best breakfast included with a room I've ever had -- lox and bagels and cream cheese and capers! Outstanding. We'd go back right now if we could.

Great Little Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jzee05

My husband and I recently stayed three nights at Place D'Arms in Montreal. The rooms were very clean and the linen very plush and comfortable. The rooms are very small though. The breakfast was very good in the morning. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was very close to the metro and very near old Montreal. I would definately recommend this hotel and would stay here again. It was a perfect place to stay if you like smaller hotels that give you more personal attention. Also wine and cheese every afternoon and the rooftop terrace were nice extras.

Great hotel - great location

Loved the hotel even if they lost our reservation. They were able to accomodate us. I only give it above average because our room was on the street side. I wore ear plugs to sleep. Otherwise, everything was excellent. I'd stay here again, the location couldn't have been better. Right in the heart of Old Montreal and a block from the Metro.

Okay Stay...

by TripAdvisor Member dntngal

I had stayed at the Hotel Nelligan last summer (which was fantastic) and looked forward to trying a new sister hotel. The hotel itself is nice enough, however, there is no bar service in the lobby after cocktail hour and you have to go downstairs to order a drink from the restaurant. The restaurant and front desk do not appear to have any relationship and even when the waiter refused to appear with our change, the front desk did not assist in rectifying the matter. The rooms are not as big as the rooms at the Hotel Nelligan and over all, I did not like this hotel as much. For the price, I would expect more.

Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member trinkdc

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel a couple of months ago. It's wonderful, cozy and elegant. For those reading other reviews be aware that it is very normal to pay for parking at hotel in a city. As it is also expected that the rooms will not be enormous by U.S. standards, however our room was a corner and generous in size.

The hotel staff is kind and helpful, they just don't mush all over you like people in America expect.

Hotel Place d'Armes Highlighed my trip to Montreal

This was my first visit to a boutique hotel and a great success. The room decor, soothing and sophisticated with a desk I could work on. The wine bar at 5 o'clock was the ultimate perk. Would I go back? Absolutely!

Beautiful Hotel & Great restuarant

We stayed at the Hotel Place D'Armes for two nights at the end of August. We thought the hotel had a lovely atmosphere. It is beautifully decorated throughout - rooms/bathrooms/lobby/restaurant and bar and even the corridors & was all very clean. Our room was an average size and a calm relaxing place to retreat to after a day sightseeing. We prefer to eat out in the city rather than in our hotel usually but we ate at the restaurant both nights as the food was so good the first night! Free wine and cheese and all day coffee were unexpected extra's as is the roof terrace. We loved it here & like the previous reviewer our only reason for the 4 star rating as opposed to 5 is that we found it quite noisy (noise from outside the hotel not from inside it). However this was the only negative for us and we would definately recommend - just take ear plugs. And try the restaurant - it won't disappoint.

Highly recommend Hotel Place d' Armes

by TripAdvisor Member Hillstar

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Place d' Armes on October 2-5, 2004 and absolutely loved it. My wife is very picky about hotels but she didn't have one complaint! The rooms were spacious, the bed was extremely comfortable (it was hard to get out of bed every day!), the bathrooms had great accessories. The wine & cheese was a great perk, as was the breakfast (all included). The price was right & the location was unbeatable. The Metro station was only 1 block away and everything to see was in walking distance. We highly recommend Hotel Place d' Armes!!! The gym had great Life Fitness equipment, too!

Comments