Quartier Latin Hotel Montreal

Orbitz.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 22% less but rated 26% lower than other 2 star hotels

• Beware bed bugs!

It was a nightmare. Woke up in the morning with a bedbug on my pj's. When I told staff he asked what room and when I told him the room number, he said "oh yeah, we have them but just in that room." Unbelievable. Found 5 more before leaving. Threw out our suitcases and everything we could do without. Washed what we had left several times and still brought them home. Hotel would not reimburse us even though we left a day early. DONT STAY HERE, IT HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE!!!!

Unique Quality: In good location but that doesn't matter when there are bed bugs.

Directions: Latin Quarter

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

B&B pretty much OK!

I found this place while searching for hotel options on the internet. It had a pretty attractive fare and vacancy for the dates I was going to be in Montreal, so I booked a room there.

I guess the thing I liked the most about the hotel's location is that it was within walking distance from the bus station (only a block or two), had a metro station and important avenues closeby and there were a lot of restaurants nearby, as it is located in the famous St. Denis street. The Quartier Latin itself is very nice but still a bit far from downtown... you can always take the metro, but I preferred to walk and it does take you about 20 minutes to walk to the Old Montreal area. However, the price was really fair ($54 CAN + taxes per night), the continental breakfast was included and the room was better than I expected: fairly big, with cable TV, telephone, a big bed for myself, a little fridge and a table with 2 chairs, a big bathroom with hairdryer, and the hotel was pretty quiet in general (they have sheets sticked on the walls saying that you're not supposed to make noise or bring visitors after 10 PM).

So I guess that it was a pretty good option for a bugdet traveller who does like to walk (except when it's raining!) with nightlife at walking distance included!

Unique Quality: The hotel did look a little old, although it's not, and they have no elevator, so think about it if you have big heavy luggage to take up. It's only 3 stories high, but anyway... The maintenance is not great but it's rather clean, although I do have to say that the maid service was lousy most of the time... they wouldn't even bother to clean the bathtub (in 3 days!!), some of the towels were pretty worn out and the bed wasn't properly made... but I survived, LOL.

The continental breakfast is made of croissants or muffins with jam, orange juice and coffee. You're only entitled to get one of each, but the people at the "dining room" (it's a little room with a large table, a bar and a fridge) were very kind and were always trying to give you more and more. They only serve it from 8 to 10 AM.

In general, it was a good place to stay if you don't mind not being right in the very downtown area, it's good value for the price you pay, and I had no problem whatsoever with my on line reservations, they respected the price and everything... from what I heard, it looks like they also have promotions (like staying 6 nights and getting the 7th for free, although I guess the rate per night was higher than the one I paid), so you might as well check it out directly at the hotel, as I made my reservation through travelocity or a site of the like.

Directions: Almost in the corner with Ontario St., just one block away from the Central Bus Station (Station Centrale)

More about Quartier Latin Hotel Montreal

Anyone for a meeting...!?!

by Laura_Mexico

Hi everyone, I will be in Montreal from march 28 to the first days in april, and if there's anyone else travelling there or even locals who would like to hang out I'd be more than glad to meet you! Thanks and I look forward to meeting some of you during my trip... see ya!

by Reverend

Well, we are just doing a Meeting this weekend, for St. Patricks Day, but maybe something else will come together for when you are here too. We will see who else might be interested.

by Reverend

Anymore ideas from anyone else about a Meeting while you're in town?

by Marie-Claude

We could go eat somewhere special so we have the time to talk. And then we could go have a bear or a coffee. Who's in?

by Mashy

I'll be in Montreal from 8am 31st March until 10am 1st April, on a 3 week trip across Canada by train. Would be glad to meet up for a few drinks.

by Marie-Claude

See the other forum we meet at 6.30/7pm at the Yoy Café Sushi Bar and La Merveille du Vietnam vietnamese plates. It is on St-Denis near Mont-Royal. Hope to see you around :D

RE: RE: Anyone for a meeting...!?!

by Laura_Mexico

Dammit guys, I did no have internet access until now (and in fact it will be the ONLY time cause it's expensive!!!) and I did not get to see your msg!!! I therefore did not know about the meeting on time to show up :(((( I'm REALLY SORRY!!! I was really looking forward to meeting you guys, and that's why i started the whole meeting thing and now it turns out that I DID NOT ATTEND!!! Grrr that makes me mad :(((( ...... sorry guys but I hope you had a great time anyway :( .... greetings and thanks for organizing the whole thing for me, i'm very sorry i wasn't there, but i really wish we can meet some other time... i'm at the hotel quartier latin, tel. (514)842.8444 room 408 in case anyone wants to give me a ring, LOL..... sorry again guys, salut!!!!

Comments