1155 Sherbrooke West, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 2N3, Canada

Sofitel Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• misodiva's Profile Photo

Modern Comfort

I was here for two nights due to a conference. The room was very modern and nice amenities: candle, bathrobe, shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, lotion, bottle of water at turn down. The high speed internet was $15 a night, which was a bit high I thought. The gift shop is very small, look elsewhere for gifts.

The food at the conferences was very different and stylish presentations. I did not have time to visit the fitness center. The lobby was smallish and the bar was inside of the restaurant. The area is downtown near some expensive shopping streets, but not too far from a Metro station.

Unique Quality: Bed was very comfortable, white duvet and feather beds.

Directions: Downtown

• DeAngel79's Profile Photo

An artsy hotel

This was my first time here and I was pleased with it, It is a few more blocks to walk to St. Catherine St. but i was still happy here. It was very quiet as noise from other people, all the staff is very helpful and care about you.

Unique Quality: They have internet computers in the lobby for guest to use for free, that was a plus to me since most hotels I have stayed at charge a fee.

• Stellaluna's Profile Photo

All that You Could Ask For !!

This is by far the most wonderful hotel in Montreal!! The rooms are large and the service is beyond compare. My husband and I arrived to our room and were so dazzled by the decor we quickly grabbed a camera to capture it for those at home. This is a contemporary hotel. The king size bed was covered in a Canadian down filled duvet. An abundance of pillows adorned the bed. The bathroom is a work of art. Multiple shower heads are positioned in the glass enclosed shower. Wonderful bath soaps, shampoos and lotions were readily available. The only drawback in the bathroom is that there is not enough counter/shelf space but the designer fixtures and sink make up for anything that could possibly be missing.

There is high speed internet access available for $15 can and room service is on the expensive side as well. The croissants are to die for so don't miss ordering the continental breakfast.

We asked for a room with a view and were given an incredible corner room. The hotel is nicely placed on Sherbrooke and is close to the metro station and all local attractions.

Unique Quality: Things we especially loved -

The flower arrangements are all extraordinary. A tiny egg shaped vase contained a submerged orchid. This was placed on the room service tray.

Bedside reading lamps were great but they did get rather hot to the touch after a bit.

The morning Shooter (a banana, orange, pineapple and mango concotion) yummy!

The bath towels were enormous.

Room make-up and turn down were speedy. I would leave the room for a few minutes and return to find everything freshing made.

Directions: Sherbrooke

More about Sofitel Montreal

Nothing Special

by TripAdvisor Member giulietta429

We stayed at Sofitel from August 19 to August 22, 2004. Having read all the fabulous reviews, we were very excited. The hotel, however, did not live up to our expectations. The parking was ridiculously expensive (CAD 26), as was "Renoir," the hotel's restaurant. We had a week-end package, which included a continental breakfast. The basket of pastries that was (the main) part of the breakfast contained a big plan bread roll, and three other nondescript items; not nearly as good as expected. The room was fine - clean, with a decent view, but there was no closet space and no counter space in the bathroom.
It would have been nice to have a coffee/tea machine in the room or at least in some common area, where guests could help themselves to a beverage.
Finally, they placed three separate charges on our cards (for the same 3-day stay): one on the card that we reserved it with, one when we checked in (on a different credit card), and another one when we checked out. Even though I expect that two of these charges will "fall off" our bill, leaving us with just one charge, Sofitel must be really concerned about getting paid to treat its guests that way. Also, when we checked out, there were mistakes on our bill (overcharges).
I would not come back.

Everything was perfect!! Highly Recommend.

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sofitel from August 26th - 29th. Everything was perfect. The doormen ran to open doors for us. The desk personnel were extremely friendly and helpful. We were greeted every time we enterd or exited the hotel (but not in an annoying way;just in a friendly way). Our room was very, very comfortable. The closets were ample. We had a king size bed and it was the most comfortable we ever slept on....feather bed, soft down duvet, fresh and crisp linens changed daily. The bathroom was luxurious...with lighted mirror, also a full length mirror and make-up mirror, fresh flowers, hip bath products, and best of all a marble shower with an additional rainfall shower above. The view was great. The location was very central...walking distance to most everything. We did not eat at the hotel's Renoir resteraunt. I'm sure its probably very nice, but with so many resteraunts in Montreal' it seemed boring to eat at the hotel. We tried a number of resteraunts on St. Laurent Street. All good and great atmosphere, especially to sit outside. I would highly recommend this hotel. I intend to return here and to consider staying any Sofitel Hotel when traveling.

After all the hype and reputation, we were disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member Lorinfur

After hearing very complimentary things about the Sofitel chain, my mom & I were really looking forward to our stay. Because we would be arriving very early, I called the hotel about a week before we were to arrive to find out about an early check-in. The person on the phone said that it wouldn't be a problem, and that he had noted it in the computer. I also arranged for the hotel limo to pick us up and paid the charges in advance. The limo was at the airport as promised and the ride was lovely, but when we got to the hotel, the driver had no record of being paid so I had to pay again (I'm waiting for my credit card receipt to see if I was double billed). We went to the desk to check-in and - surprise - we were told that we couldn't because it was too early (it was noted in the computer, however). I explained that I had called a week ago to set up an early check-in and was told that it wouldn't be a problem. Bottom line - the desk staff "could do nothing...it was Sunday...people were checking out late..." - even though we watched at least 5-6 people check out while we were standing there. We ended up going to breakfast and then having to take a tour that we slept through before returning to the hotel at noonish when we were allowed to check in. As far as the room - it was very modern with great comfy beds and a lovely bathroom. However, the (beige - why put a beige rug in a hotel room?) rug was very dirty with a lot of spots. Also, the concierge booked us on a tour to the Laurentian Mtns. and then had to refund our money when she realized (after we'd been waiting in the lobby for 20 minutes for the bus to pick us up) that the tour we had paid for was not available on Tuesdays. We decided to walk down to the Musee de Beaux Arts and the concierge gave us info about the exhibit and directions, but even though she (and the bellman) saw us head out, no one bothered to mention that the museum didn't open until 11am (it was about 9:20 am when we set out). So we ended up walking around, going into the Ritz Carlton and Holt Renfrew (a Saks/Nordstrom-like dept store), and then waiting outside for the museum to open. I just think that if the concierge is going to manage the tours and local attractions, she should be more familiar with them, so be careful to check dates and times before you pay your money or set out.

The Montreal Sofitel is Wonderful!!

We stayed at the Sofitel for 5 days. The hotel is well located in the downtown area within easy walking distance of restaurants, shopping and museums. Our room was elegant, well appointed and very comfortable. Best of all, the hotel staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. We found that all members of the hotel staff would go out of their way to assist us in any way they could. It was quite refreshing.
The restaurant in the hotel is great. We tried out what were supposed to be the best restaurants in town, but found that we preferred the food, presentation and service at the hotel. Check out the croissant French toast and eggs benedict at breakfast!!
We went over the Ritz Carlton for afternoon tea (which in nice) but we found that the lobby of that hotel reeks like stale cigarette smoke. If you are thinking of staying there, watch out!!

Excellent - when you get there!

by TripAdvisor Member ALEXANDER _123

The hotel was lovely. Great room and bathroom. Exceptionally well kept with fresh flowers in the room and turn down service. Arriving late in the evening on a flight from the U.K. we received a friendly, efficient welcome and a phone call to the room asking us if everything was fine, anything we needed etc.
Any problems? Well we booked a few months previously and when we E mailed the day before to confirm late check in we were told that they had our booking for the previous month and as we were a no-show we had been charged 1 night to our credit card. However, they had re-booked us in for the next 4 days as we wanted. No sorry or mention of refund. We had booked by telephone and we assume that as they spoke French as a first language had misunderstood the months. Anyway, when we arrived no mention was made of this mistake. My husband showed them the E mails and explained that it must have been their error as here we were exactly a month later etc. They had to consult manager etc.. but we did get the night credited to our bill but no apology. I wonder what would have happened if they had no vacancies for those 4 nights.
Anyway, apart from this the staff were very polite, helpful etc. Service a bit slow in the Restaurant and prices a little high. Also suffers from cigarette smoke drifting from the bar area. Room service excellent. Food good,hot,reasonable and served with a flourish.
All in all would definitely recommend and would return. Though get confirmation of your booking in writing!!!

Very nice hotel

We stayed at the Sofitel for the night 19.-20.09.04. It was terrific. Although we booked throug Priceline we got a large corner room with two windows on the highest floor. The staff was so friendly, I never had such a good service in any hotel before. As we got in our room they called immediately if everything is alright. After we took a little walk up the Mont-Royal (which is just 500 meters from the hotel) they put some free water in our room. Also they turned the radio to some very nice classic music which begann playing when you open the door. Very romantic.

About the high quality of the rooms, the amazing bath-room (great shower) and the hotel itself is already everything written (but not from me ;-)) ). In Conclusion: A great hotel which can only be recommended to everyone who loves some luxury.

Wonderful hotel with exceptional staff

by TripAdvisor Member casualtravelers

We stayed here in August 2004 for 4 nights and have nothing but praise for the hotel and staff. Our room was very well maintained. The bathrooms are wonderful but beware of the overhead shower! We highly recommend the hotel's restaurant for breakfast. Save it for the last day since it is a little expensive but well worth it. We would go back again and again.

We are hoping to stay in another Sofitel Hotel in another city and hope to have the same results

Comments