1228 Sherbrooke West, Montreal, Quebec, H3G 1H6, Canada

Ritz-Carlton Montreal
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• excentrus's Profile Photo

The "Grande Dame" of Sherbrooke Street

Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Taylor got married here. If it was good enough for Liz and Richard...it will be good enough for you.

Unique Quality: Old style elegance....may not be up-to-date. Hot spot for politicians and traditional power brokers. Excellent location in the Golden Square Mile. Even if you don't stay there...go for lunch at the Jardin du Ritz.....in the summer time of course. Check out the ducks.

Directions: Golden Square Mile, next to Holt Renfrew

• Stellaluna's Profile Photo

A Fine Hotel near Museums

My husband and I stayed at the Ritz earlier this Spring and were greeted by a very welcoming staff. We booked our reservations on travelocity and the front desk staff quickly retrieved the reservation and we were on our way to our room guided by a bellhop. We arrived late and were hungry. A very kind staaff member quickly ordered us some fresh fruit, cheese and fresh baked bread. He placed the call to the kitchen himself from our room and within a few minutes a beautiful tray was delivered. My husband even had a selection of teas to choose from.

The artwork and decor are very warm. The carpets were clean and the entire hotel felt secure. Our room was lovely and had a king size bed and other nice furnishings. The bathroom was my least favorite part of the room. It was rather small but clean.

There was a hockey game in town the weekend we were there and we encountered the Boston Bruins in the hotel lobby. Too bad we couldn't grab some complimentary tickets. I just didn't think quick enough.

• nicolettart's Profile Photo

Ultimate Accomodations!

Pros: Well, it's the Ritz...it was the best! We don't normally stay at such fancy-shmancy places~~it just so happened while I was looking online for a cheap hotel~~I found a cheap deal here~~149 US dollars a night! Most places were around $100/night, so we thought, why not, just this once?? A standard room at the Ritz normally runs around $300 US/night.

Cons: The hotel lobby is kinda small, and the view from our room was not great at all ( I need a view!!)

Unique Quality: It's an older Ritz Carlton, from the appearance of the rooms. But, nice antique furnishings, marble bathroom, you get the idea. And the service is what you pay for~~people are tripping over you, for Pete's sake!

• acemj's Profile Photo

Ritzy place!

I walked into the lobby and realized that this sure wasn't my hostel! Looks like your typical Ritz Carlton, which means elegance, class and comfort.

Directions: On Sherbrooke on the north side of downtown.

More about The Ritz-Carlton Montreal

More than satisfactory

The reception desk staff went out of their way to give us an early check-in when we arrived somewhat frazzled from another hotel and even upgraded us to a better room when they found they did not have the two beds we had requested. Yes, the critiques of the knowledge of the concierge service is fair; I was given incorrect information as well, and more than once in just a one night stay. But that said, the friendliness of the reception people can go a long way to making a stay enjoyable. The (admittedly larger than average) room was excellent, as were the furnishings and bathroom.

So I am very happy with the Ritz-Carlton Montreal, but then again, I only paid USD 150 for my room.

Perfect location & ambience

We just returned from the Ritz Montreal: the hotel is lovely, the bar great and restaurant esp. for Breakfast and/or Afternoon Tea. The location is perfect for upscale shopping & museums. The service is suberb - actually better service than the Ritz in Maui. Remember this is a Historic Property not a brand new Marriott! We loved it and would return. I can not believe people could rate this hotel below Above Average unless they have a personal gripe against the Ritz!

This Place Sucks!

This hotel is a genuine piece of crap! I have stayed at some bad hotels and while this is not the worst I have ever seen it is pretty bad! This has to be the worst Ritz-Carlton in existance. I would suggest burning this hotel down before staying at it. The rooms suck, there is no gym or pool. The staff are bunch of stuck up French JOs who think they are superior in some way to their American guests that are paying their salaries. The wall paper was falling off the walls in my room and my friends were staying in a room where they received a breakfast menu from housekeeping that had the pages stuck together by chewed bubble gum! When we called the front desk they acted like it was no big deal and sent one up later when they got around to it. I grabbed a cup of coffee with friends in the lobby while waiting for another guest, when we went to leave I was nearly sacked by the bartender to get my room number to charge me, 12 cnd for three cups of coffee (no refills) at the Ritz-Montreal. I told the bartender this was the first hotel I had stayed where you cannot get a free cup of coffee in the morning, respose: a roll of the eyes. The food in the hotel was bad, we placed a room service order; of course when it came up it was the wrong order and we were told that we were mistaken and this what we ordered. I purchased a 1-day in room ethernet internet connection for 12.99, I was charged for it four times at checkout. They actually billed me for more internet hours than hours we spent as guests!
This place is horrible, I would suggest one of the trendy boutique hotels in Old Montreal!

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member Melibi

The Ritz Carlton was a fantastic experience. The staff were friendly and helpful, the maid service was good, and our one bedroom suite was beautiful. We have stayed at many five star hotels and feel that the service at this hotel stands out from others. The only negative was that the concierge was not as knowledgeable as I would have liked. In Montreal we will only stay at the Ritz!

Loved the Ritz

by TripAdvisor Member T-Lock

Our wonderful experience began with the nice lady who took the reservation. I asked for an early check-in and when we got there at 1:00 pm, we were allowed to go straight to the room. Everyone was super nice and the hotel is beautiful. The room felt like I was in a bed and breakfast not a hotel. It had a king bed and a working fireplace. The bathroom was all marble, large and clean. There was a hair dryer, weight scale and great bath products plus a robe. There is a safe in the closet plus an umbrella, another robe and an iron and board. After we came back from dinner, the bed was turned down, mats at both sides of the bed on the floor for your feet, plus slippers and mints on the pillow. It was great!!!

I expected more...

My wife and I stayed at the RC-Montreal over the Columbus Day weekend (Thanksgiving weekend in Canada) to celebrate our 12th anniversary. All in all we did enjoy our stay but a lot of the criticisms that others have voiced are fairly accurate. The hotel does need updating as the facility is outdated. That said, we have nothing but positive things to say about the staff. From the doorman to the valet to the housekeeping; they were very pleasant and professional. We thoroughly enjoyed the Jardin restaurant. Price-wise, it's expected that everything costs more at this hotel so we were not at all shocked. Any person staying at any RC should not be surprised at the $. Conversely, our room rates were very good. Would we stay at the Ritz at our next visit?? Maybe.

Comments