4335 Michelet, Quebec City, Quebec, G1P1N6, Canada

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Quebec

Portofino in Quebec CityPortofino in Quebec City

Quartier du Petit ChamplainQuartier du Petit Champlain

Assemblée nationale du Québec,Quebec City,Canada.Assemblée nationale du Québec,Quebec City,Canada.

Station (on the left) - From The Old CityStation (on the left) - From The Old City

2 days in Quebec

Hello!

My partner and I are going to make a trip around Canadá at the end of April 2008 and we're thinking in spend 2 days in Quebec. Is it enough time?

We're aware that the weather will be a little bit cold. Apart of this, any advise or extra information will be very welcome.

Thanks!

Labrix

by Deus_ultima

Quebec the province or the city?

If it's the city, sure, I can plan you a nice ittinrary.

In the province?
You're having a laugh.

by Labrix

Thanks a lot Deus! I meant the city. The idea of the itinerary sounds very, very well, but I wouldn't like to bother you.

by Deus_ultima

i offered, so it won't be a bother. If you want one, email me and i'll sort something nice for you.

by Deus_ultima

wrexham. Just email me what kind of stuff you're into, food, etc and I'll make a plan for you.

Hi Barbara,

I have a comment from you in my page. I'll arrive to Quebec also from Montreal. If you want, I can share with you some info that I got.

by Deus_ultima

You'll get a nice email by monday.
Got a good fev ideas.

by Deus_ultima

Just one last thing: you're (ranger) festival seaosn in Montreal. Are you going to be staying at all?

by Joseph69

If you're staying in the old part of Quebec City, then yes, 2 days is enough to enjoy and see the sights. It's a lovely city worthy of a visit, and you will enjoy it.

I was there in winter, and loved it! ;)

by LeDragon

Take a look to this list of events in Québec city : http://www.bonjourquebec.com/qc-en/events-directory/festival-special-event/quebec/

by RusskiPower

Hey Ioan,

Your offer sounds very interesting. We are doing our Nouvelle France drive from Montreal to Quebec City and the countryside around and I would be very grateful for tips, possible itinerary, any ideas please.

Our focus is on the local experience: food, culture, nature, architecture, scenic routes, national parks. Is there any characteristic and not too pricey accommodation in the area (the city and the countryside)? We don't mind driving a lot to see a lot and we speak French so deep local immersion should be no problem.

Lots of thanks in advance,

Artour

sure, email me.

Ioan

by LeDragon

Did you already come ? I mean, are you back home ?

Travel Tips for Quebec

-Curency:Need to have many...

by UScutie

-Curency:Need to have many 25cents coin because you will need that alot for parking,food or drink machine...ect...
+if u r US citizen:don't take cash and exchange when you are in Canada .You will get bad rate .Exchange in your bank at home .Use credit card to pay everything ,it will give you a good rate .Or cash money by ATM machine.
+if u r foreigner :try contact local bank or use ATM machine cash money out .
-Tax refund: keep all the receipts buy things and spend on hotel ...ect...for the year tax refund later .

*If u r Canadian or US citizen then drive your own car or rent a car ,so u don't have to loss time to walk or take bus .BC bus and subway r unconvinience not like Paris .
*If u r came from other countries then book the hotel near in down town or have international driver license so u can rent a car and enjoyed see around .No parking problem as Europe.Taxi cost is expensive compare to rent a car .

Take a horse ride to see around city.Sleep less to save time to enjoy many thing in this city.Sep. month is perfect for comfortable weather. Romance dinner and music among downtown. Quebec central down town is not big ,but it is city of romance for couple.Dinner is always have candel light in restaurants.Music always play free a day .People dance and couple in love with slow dance on the street make a nice picture .

Bridge from North to south of river, Quebec

by Scotsgal

You can go in car from Sillery to St Nicolas across this bridge. It is called Pont De Quebec.
When you are coming by aeroplane from Montreal to Quebec you may see this bridge when coming into Quebec

Art is Everywhere!

by rmdw

Art is very prevalent throughout Quebec City! Most every shop offers some sort of artistic endeavor. And one little lane, not too far from Le Chateau Fronenac is famous for the paintings, drawings, and etchings offered by a plethora of different artists.

Pepare for the Cold!

by HollyZo

In winter it can get extremely cold and windy. Dress in layers that include long underwear and if you aren't too fashion conscious - snow pants! Your legs won't get cold and you can wear fewer layers. I normally don't wear a hat, even in below freezing temps - I wore a hat and hood most of the time I was outside in Quebec. It's nice to have a big scarf to cover your face with when the wind kicks up. Waterproof insulated footwear is critical. It gets very slippery on those cobble stoned hills and they salt liberally so there is a lot of nasty salty slushy stuff around. If you overdress, you can take stuff off. If you under dress you will be miserable and searching for shelter every time you step outside. The cold can be really drying. Moisturize exposed skin with something pretty heavy if you will be outside for a long time. Saline nasal gel came in handy also - we saw a couple of nosebleeds. My SLR is too big to carry on my body so it got really cold and collected a lot of condensation when I went back indoors (yeah, I know - "duh")

If you have an old Canon point-and-shoot - leave it at home. I had to have the CCD replaced last year. The new one didn't like the cold - it's busted now too.

Carnaval de Quebec # 8 - Ice Fishing!

by jamiesno

After traveling the north a lot I found this carnaval activity to be a little hilarious but people doing it where having a blast.

It just doesn't seem natural to have fish placed in a tank to be caught.

If you really want to go fishing its much better to get yourself out on a pond or lake, drill a hole and go for it -)

Comments