Auberge Lakeview

Booking.com eDreams

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Quebec

A buffalo.A buffalo.

Vendors inside the marketVendors inside the market

The Changing of the GuardThe Changing of the Guard

From Levis to QuebecFrom Levis to Quebec

bar in quebec city

by monkeysinthetruck

Hi. I'm looking for the name of a bar in Quebec City that I recently went to but have forgotten the name of. I'm pretty sure it was in Vieux Quebec, but I'm not 100 percent. The place had two floors. Upstairs there was a pool table and you could play darts. Close to the pool table there was an outdoor terrace. They also served some food, such as nachos and chicken wings. On the bottom floor they were also serving beer and as the night got older there was live music there, at least on saturday night, we left early the other day we were there so I don't know if there's live music every night. You could watch tv on both floors. I think it's on Rue St-Jean or somewhere in that area or at least around that area. Does anyone know what place I'm talking about?

Re: bar in quebec city

by Pomerol

Hi from Quebec,

I can think of a few places that may fit the bill. Was it more like a pub or a bar? Can you also give me a few markers around the place, e.g. close to the St Jean gates or further inside the walls, any restaurants around.

There is also a bar exactly like that on Cartier Street next to Momento restaurant. It used to be known as the Java Pub but it changed ownership recently. They have all kinds of draft and imported beers. Could this be the place?

Travel Tips for Quebec

in Quebec City, ya gotta love the river

by alza

I'm from Quebec City but I don't do useful pages, sorry.
If you need information about this great old city, check out pages on Vt about it or email me. If I'm around, I'll be glad to reply to you.

Generally, what I can say is: people here speak French and love a good time. They love visitors who love their city.
Most people should be able to answer you if you speak English.
You'll eat well most everywhere and you'll find it charming.
Lots of tourists in the Old Town but it's all part of the deal. Just mix in and forget all inhibitions! Laugh and dance on tables, Quebeckers will laugh and dance with you!

Quebec City is more "traditional" in spirit than Montreal. A "big village" as we call it. As a tourist, you might not feel this so much. But it's a city of "Who is your father? What school did you go to? Where do you shop?"... that type of city...
Still, once they see you as a friend, once you come with a smile, everyone in Quebec City loves you and hopes you return soon.
It's easy... Quebec loves those who love Quebec. :-)

Place Royale

by vaara

This is the site where Québec was founded by Samuel de Champlain in 1608. If you squint just a little -- and ignore the bust of Louis XIV, who isn't much commemorated in France these days -- you won't be sure whether you're in North America or Normandy.

Lifestyle and Pace Different from Toronto

by caelle

Well, I personally feel that their livestyles are much much different from "Torontonians"...

They lead a slower pace, relaxing lifestyle... and love to chill out at a bar at the end of the day...

Visit 'rue du TRÉSOR'

by Simonneeddy

Visit 'rue du TRÉSOR' where local artists display their work.
Cultural tips QUEBEC IS A 'FRENCH SPEAKING CITY' but many speak some English especially in shops and restaurants etc. All signs are in FRENCH. Inside stores etc, you may see some in English but not outside. Greeting people we usually say 'BONJOUR' or 'BONSOIR' ( Good day or good evening ) and when we leave we say 'AU REVOIR or SALUT', 'MERCI' for thank you.

Carnaval de Quebec # 4 - Child Safety

by jamiesno

At the Carnaval there are a lot of kids and I noticed the ones in groups where all hanging onto a specific gadget making it easy for chaperons to keep track of the kids.

I thought it was a great idea. I think like in any mobs you need to keep good track of the little ones.

I beleive Quebec to be as safe as a place can possible be but it would be easy for a kid to simply wonder away here with so many distractions and you will have a hard time tracking them down with all of them wearing so gear, so be careful and find your own technique for keeping track of the kids :-)

Comments