Auberge la Pinsonniere

124 rue Saint-Raphael, La Malbaie, Quebec, G5A 1X9, Canada
La Pinsonniere
Booking.com Priceline.com Hotels.com

More about Auberge la Pinsonniere

Feeding the walrusFeeding the walrus

Our guide begins the tourOur guide begins the tour

The Chateau FrontenacThe Chateau Frontenac

FrontageFrontage

Where to next? :)

Hello there!
:D

My darling VT girlfriend and I are going to spend 2 beautifull nights in Quebec, some lovely nights in the eastern townships,but we are also looking forward to discover new regions!

Where else could we go for a nice Bed & breakfast next week??

I heard Charlevoix could be nice..but will we get bored or is there more to it than whales?

Any other suggestions??

Well..I'm off now..gotta cook dinner for my Princess!! (thank you VT!!)

by hayward68

Let me guess, it's going well? ;-)

by kiwi

Deus You could bring your girlfriend to visit me...... it's just that I don't live in Quebec, or even Canada, or even Nth America for that matter. Minor point!
:-)

by Pierre_Rouss

Charlevoix is great!
Around Baie St-Paul, you can stay at la Maison Otis, la Pignoronde, further East les Falaises, la Pinsonière (relais des chateaux), etc...
Great B&B without restaurant though is la Maison Donahue.
A little stop by the casino maybe?
Have fun,
Pierre

by MarcG

It's a pretty laid back place....mostly picturesque scenery, the whales, and some picture perfect little towns...there's not much else than that. Beware of the prices in the inns and B&B's, I found them to be overpriced...we're talking here at 300-400$ a night for a country inn! They usually include a gourmet dinner, but to tell you the truth found that they were just trying too hard. A place I really enjoyed was la Petite Madelieine, a small cozy, inn with great home cooked meals and very friendly staff. You can stay there and if you feel like splurging one night go to a place like La Pinsonniere and pay some $500 for a fancy meal.

by Deus_ultima

Well..thanks for the tips!
We've found beautifull accomodations in Quebec, Magog and Baie St-Paulfor what I find farily cheap + we have a pretty planned out holiday now..so off we go now!!

Thank to you all!

by Deus_ultima

Well..just wanted to say that we spent 2 nights in beautifull Qubec(Yes, I'll add even MORE stuff to my page! )

and then went to spend 1 night in Charlevox..which is wayyy too little time! We climbed a beautifull mountain for 5 hours then went around the isle-aux-coudres by bike, went to a few restaurants and showed my girlfriend what a dominant and superior male I was, whipping by myself the arses of 2 young bucks at the local bar on the Baby-foot (foosall, billiardino, call it what youy want) table, under her supervsion and admiration..
;)

this week : the laurentides and the eastern townships!!

Talk to you all soon!

Travel Tips for Quebec

Quebec Tip

by BEETLE_VERTE

Just about 1 hour drive north from Quebec city : Parc de la Jacques-Cartier. A national parc preserving the wild life around the Jacques-Cartier river. Quiet waters nesting in a deep green forest, pine cones scent, birds and leafs songs, camp fire's warmness, BBQ and ice cream taste's on the beach and long sweet hiss of the river so close...

quebecweb.com/jacques-cartier/tourisme/index.html

The Citadel – military background #5

by tiabunna

Our knowledge of history sometimes has gaps for various reasons and it’s probably idle to speculate why. I must admit though that, until our visit, I wasn’t aware that revolutionary forces from what became the United States had attacked Québec in 1775. Nor, for that matter, was I aware of the War of 1812 with the USA which led in 1820 to the beginning of work on the Citadel, the new and major fortification in Québec, finally completed in 1850. In the 1940s, Roosevelt and Churchill met here twice to discuss World War II strategies: how times change!

Although it has never been used in military action, this remains an operational military base, the sometime home of Canada’s Governor-General, and (somewhat incongruously) a tourist attraction. As with the city walls, large European style fortresses are decidedly uncommon outside Europe!

We took a guided tour around the Citadel and, I confess, apart from being impressed by the amount of earthworks (generally visible from the outside walls without taking a tour) I wouldn’t rank this among the most rivetting parts of our visit to Québec. There is a small museum, the opportunity to wander by various buildings, a diversion down some tunnels to peer from defensive ports, then before you know it you’re finished. If time is short, my suggestion would be to simply walk around the outside of the walls, without doing the tour. And I think that’s enough of military history for now!

Main photo: Panorama from the top of the Citadel
Second, third photos: The first two stages of entering the Citadel
Fourth photo: One of the guns, in a commanding position
Fifth photo: An indication of the fortifications, with “New” Québec behind.

Quebec people are friendly .If...

by UScutie

Quebec people are friendly .If you forget something in their store ,they will keep it until you come back ,so remember to say' merci' .Not much people in this city speak English except sale people or waiter/waitress .But don't worry ,you will understand by the way they are smiling and the way they try to expain to you.

Packing List

by eduar68

I stayed for about 6-7 days. I just brought a carriying case and a medium sports bag. And my ski gear It could be rather cold at times during the night and early morning even during the summertime. So always bring at least a light jacket or sweater. During winter months, bring the whole artillery: Boots, Hats, scarfs... You will need it

Eglise St-Michel de Sillery

by Blatherwick

The Church of St. Michael is a very pretty church found in Sillery, just south of the University of Laval. Inspired by the neo-Gothic style, the decor of the church decor is amazing. Some very beautiful European paintings that were saved by Rev. Louis-Joseph Desjardins are displayed in the church. Actually, Rev. Desjardins acquired over two hundred paintings with the intention of saving them from the confiscation of religious objects that was being carried out by the government during the French Revolution. The collection that he was able to save was given the name "Fonds Desjardins" and today these paintings are found in various churches throughout Quebec City. Paintings by Antoine Plamondon, Eugene Hamel and Brother Luc and sculptures by Louis Jobin are also present in the church. The church is located at 1600 Rue Du Cardinal and is visible from the river.

Comments