Classique Hotel

More about Classique Hotel

Where to stay?

by Mr.Parsnip

Hello,
My Family will be visiting Quebec City in end of Sept. I'm asking if there's any decent hotel that is close by Quebec City. Don't need to be within the walls of the city. Price around $100-$120/night.

Also are there any general parking lot that is close to or within the city walls? Cost per day?

thanks!

Re: Where to stay?

by Jefie

Hello!

There are lots of hotels in Sainte-Foy (10 min. drive to Old Quebec) that I think would suit your price range. You could check out Hotel Lindbergh (www.jaro.qc.ca), Hotel Quartier (www.hotelquartier.com), Hotel Clarion (www.clarionquebec.com) or Hotel Classique (www.hotelclassique.com).

Also, there are two big parking lots within the walls. One is located at Place d'Youville and the other one is at City Hall. Both are easy to find if you're going down St. Jean Street. Cost per day is around 15$.

Re: Re: Where to stay?

by cleung

Some of the hotels in the Ste Foy area even have shuttles that will take you into downtown Quebec City. This will save you in parking fees.

Clint

Free Spirit Gallery
Exquisite Inuit (Eskimo) Art

Need Affordable and Safe Hotel

by where2next

Hi,

I will be in Quebec for a conference from July 9th to 12th at the Convention Centre). I am on a graduate student's budget, and so am trying to be frugal!

I am concerned about just selecting a place over the internet, as I have not been to Quebec since I was a kid, and so do not know which areas are safe. Could you please recommend areas that are safe. I will be driving and so being 15-20 minutes away from the Centre would be okay.

Thanks!
John

by LeDragon

Québec is a quiet city, largely safe. Espacially if you stay within a short distance of the Convention center. I would recommend you to check the comprehensive website of the Québec government. Not all hotels are within it, but many. And you could check the location with a map and select a range of price.
If you have any more specific question, feel free to come back here and ask.
Bienvenue !

by Jefie

Yvon is right, there aren't any "unsafe" areas in Quebec City. If you're looking for something more affordable than what you can find around the Convention Centre, you can look for hotels located in Sainte-Foy. Hotel Universel (www.hoteluniversel.qc.ca), Hotel Quartier (www.hotelquartier.com) and Hotel Classique (www.hotelclassique.com) are affordable and are located about 10 min away from the Convention Centre, and it's a very easy drive. But hurry because the Summer Fest will be on during that weekend so don't wait til the last minute. Have fun in Quebec City!

by airkarat

Hi John,

You could also try staying at a hotel or B&B in Levis. You can ferry across on foot, parking your car in the Levis ferry lot, or you could ferry the car across and park in Quebec (but why?)

I've stayed at the Petit Matin B&B near Levis coming into Beaumont (?). The owners are friendly and graduate-level educated themselves. I've placed an accomodation tip for either Beaumont or Levis about them.

The ferry runs late into the night. If I recall, the fee to park the car was $7 per day and the fee to cross was $2.

RE: RE: Need Affordable and Safe Hotel

by where2next

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I was able to find a room for a couple nights near Cap-Rouge using the B&B directory, and then also I found a room another night at the downtown Hostel.

Thanks Again,
John

Nice Hotel in Quebec City ... ?

Hi all,

I will be visiting quebec city with my family for one day(and night).

I need some suggestions about my stay in the city. I looked through 'Quebec Hotel guide' but couldnt figure out a nice family hotel for the stay, or a good area to look for.

If someone has any in-sight on this PLEASE do help me out because we are going on a family vacation after a long time.

Thanx.

RE: Nice Hotel in Quebec City ... ?

by LeDragon

I don't know since I never rent rooms there, I live too close to the city. And I don't know how much you want to pay. Still, you could check in "www.bonjourquebec.com" which have a comprehensive list of hotels. Hope this could help.

HI,

Thanx for your help.
I was wondering if you could suggest any particular area to look for ? or would I be able to find a hotel in 'old Quebec City' for $100-175 range?

Thanx again.

by LeDragon

If you go to the site I gave you up here, you can state the price range you are looking for. I don't have all the information about your family and dates, but I found some rooms for less than 150 $Canadian for two adults and 2 children. That isn't expensive at all. Make sure the location is convenient for you by checking the map they provide. Will you rent a car ?

RE: RE: RE: Nice Hotel in Quebec City ... ?

hi,
Thanx for your reply and, no we will not be renting a car.

I looked through diffrent sites and found some 'consistent' good reviews about following hotels. Some others just had too much diffrence in the ratings and reviews, posted by various people.

Do you have any suggestion about the following hotels or information about the locality? I was looking something closer to 'Old City' because I read about parking problem and accompanied by kids, I would like to be closer to the attractions.

Loews Le Concorde

hotel quartier
www.hotelquartier.com

hotel classique

by LeDragon

As I wrote you, I mostly can tell you about location. So, the Concorde is within walking distance from the old city, along the "Plaine d'Abraham park" thier restaurant is famous for it's view on the city. The Priori and Dominion are close to the "Petit Champlain" street, in the old part. The buildings should be older, which can be nice, they usually are well renovated.
The Clarion is far from the touristics area, if you have to come back to your room in the middle of the day, you will need one hour to go back and forth, not very convenient for a short holiday.
Hope this can help you.