690 Blvd Rene Levesque E, Quebec City, Quebec, GIR 5A8, Canada

Booking.com Hotels.com Priceline.com

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• mattreider's Profile Photo

Great Location, Great Room

We stayed at the Delta Quebec hotel, thanks to a travelocity discount. Lots of families and teenagers filled the hotel, as there was some sort of vacation package offered for our stay. All the guidebooks mention the horrible lobby, which isn't really a lobby so much as a escalator with hallways around it. Once you get to the top of the escalator, there is a desk, a bar, and a restaurant. We didn't try the food there, but we had a drink at the bar one night while we let our toes thaw.

Unique Quality: There is a heated pool all year. Swimming while it was snowing is probably pretty unique.

Directions: Just outside the walls, next to the Hilton, diagonally adjacent to the Parliment

• Canuck5's Profile Photo

Steps from Vieux Quebec (Old Quebec)

Stayed here on business for 4 nights, and found it very comfortable. It had all the amenities you would expect in a major downtown hotel. No problem at check-in, and staff members were around when you needed them.

Unique Quality: There's a gym/health room, and also an outdoor pool.

You're only a short walk to the historic walls surrounding Vieux Quebec, ie. about two city blocks. You're also within walking distance of the Plains of Abraham, the Citadel, and other attractions, as well as being a block away from the Quebec Convention Center, the Hilton, and a few blocks from Lowes Le Concorde Hotel.

The group rate I paid, which included several standard surcharges and taxes, was CAD$157.00 per night.

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

Delta Quebec

The Delta Québec Hotel is newly renovated with a stylish décor. The Quebec City hotel is located right downtown, steps away from Old Québec. This location offers an exceptional view of the Laurentian Mountains, the St. Lawrence River, Parliament Hill, and Old Québec.

Connected to the Québec City Convention Centre and Québec shops by underground passage, the hotel is 20 minutes from Jean-Lesage International Airport, 5 minutes from the Québec train and bus station and in close proximity to skiing, golf courses, shopping centres, and many sites. It is a short distance from: festivals, sports and cultural events, all major Québec tourist attractions, in winter as in summer.

I can tell you if your going to the Quebec Winter Carnival it is right along side the place where the events are held. Everything in Quebec is close by especially where the city is great for walking around.

Unique Quality: The hotel has an outdoor heated pool which is neat! Actually getting around the hotel is a bit odd but the room I had was spacious and very comfortable. I wasn't impressed that in October 2005 you still had to pay for high speed internet. Most places now are providing that.

Directions: Downtown Quebec. Right across from the Quebec Parliament.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Conveniently Located

Update from October, 2003: The Radisson is now a Delta hotel. My wife and I discovered this as we drove through the city on our most recent trip!

The conference was being held in the Conference Centre close to both the Radisson and Hilton Hotels. The location is very conveniently located only one block over from the Grand Allee and also only a couple of blocks from the City Wall, which gives access to Old Quebec. Also closeby are the Plains of Abraham where the major battle was fought in 1759 whereby the city fell to the British army.
    The room price was $139 Canadian but ended up closer to $180 after various taxes and surcharges were added on. Underground parking for our van was $14/day.

Unique Quality: We stayed at the Radisson and it has access to an underground network that leads to the Conference Centre as well as shops, boutiques and restaurants. Photo taken from the wall of the Citadel (beside the Plains of Abraham) showing right to left the provincial legislature tower, the Radisson and the observation tower/office building on the far left.

Directions: Beside the Plains of Abraham and the Observation Centre

More about Delta Quebec

Nothing Bad About Delta Quebec

by TripAdvisor Member lapochka

My husband and I just returned from our 4 day trip to Quebec city. We absolutely loved it!!!. It's as close as you can get to Europe w/o actually going to Europe.
The hotel is totally fine. The hotel is conveniently located 5 minute walk from either St. Jean gate or St. Loius gate. It's also near the Parlament and street that is called Grand Ailee, which is a continuation of St. Loius street(main street) in the old city. The staff was friendly and helpful. They will accomodate you if u need reservations to any restaurant or book a trip around the city or outside. One morning it was cloudy outside, I asked the front desk girl if she knew anything about the weather for that day, she immidiately went online and checked the weather for me. The gym is small, but it has all the equipment for a decent workout. The pool is fine, not huge, but enough. They keep the amenities clean and give you towels and water for the pool and the gym. They even have massage services there. If you need to take public buses, the stop is right outside the hotel. Taxi is always there ready to take you anywhere you need to go. You dont really need a car there, we walked everywhere.
people in Quebec are friendly and all willing to help when it comes to directions or just advice. they speak English and are not snobby about it...:)
In conclusion, if we return to Quebec, we will stay in Delta if they offer same price deal ($100 per night).

Delta is Allright

by TripAdvisor Member njfarmb0y

We have just returned from a weekend at the Delta Quebec City. As stated the Hotel is an average hotel. It is near the Upper Town (about 10 minute walk) and Grand Allee where the finer restaurants are.
The room (5th Floor) was large but the bathroom does not have a fan so after a shower I used the hair dryer to clean the window to shave!
There is a exercise room and pool however we did not eat any meals or have drinks in the hotel.
All in all for the price we paid the Delta Quebec City met our needs.

Good Price, Great Service, Excellent Location

by TripAdvisor Member queenices

I stayed at the Delta Quebec during my visit to the Winter Carnival from 27-31 January and I had a great stay. My review of the property is basically a reiteration of the other comments from other Trip Advisor members. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful and went out of their way to accommodate every request and offered great suggestions for places to visit, eat, activities, and other unique sites in and around the city. They also have a great grasp of the English language, so communication is no problem.

I had a Standard Room with a double bed on the 3rd floor, but I had no view, which was not a problem for me. (The best views are always in and around the town). The room was clean and comfortable and the linens fresh and crisp. The bathroom was up to date, however, as pointed out in a previous review, the towels were somewhat coarse and thin.

The Good:

- The staff is great!! Much more amiable than other hotels in Quebec.
- I deal location. A hop, skip, and jump to the Old City; Rue St. Jean, great shopping, and eateries and right across from the Parliament Building.
- Nice bar/restaurant. Great manager (Rudy) who makes sure you are happy. Breakfast buffet is a good deal.
- Heated swimming pool and spa.
- Spacious rooms with good furniture.
- Decent selection of American/Canadian English and French Quebec TV stations.
- Ample closet space.

The Bad:

- Carpet thin and worn in the rooms.
- High speed Internet access is $11.00 a day. There are cheaper internet cafés in town.
- Restaurant/Bar burgers and hors d'oeuvres prices were a little high.

The Ugly:

-During the ski season, the hotel abounds with obnoxious, negligibly supervised American teenagers. They are loud and stay up partying until 4-5 AM. Make sure to ask for a room on higher floors or upgrade your room to escape their boisterous carousing.

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the Delta Quebec and have recommended it to others who’ve traveled to the area, all of whom have had similar positive results. I have made it “my hotel” when visiting Quebec

A great stay

by TripAdvisor Member skimama74

We just returned from a five night stay in Quebec at the Delta Quebec. It is a fine hotel, very friendly and helpful staff and very clean. It's a 5-10 minute walk from the old city which is easy but can get quite cold if you're not dressed properly. We got the parking and breakfast package which was definitely worth it - great full breakfast and valet parking included. They keep their pool heated and open all year long which is fun - it's as warm as they can probably make it but it's not hot and a stop in the hot tub or sauna feels great after a swim. Still it's really fun to swim in the snow. They have a small but adequate work out room. High speed internet costs extra which I think is not unusual for Quebec - about $11.00 per day. We would return to this hotel. While in Quebec we skied at Mont Sainte Anne twice and loved it - a great mix of terrain, good conditions, and no lines at all, even over New Year's.

Totally impressed!

by TripAdvisor Member canuckpump

Stayed here for one night only but this place was fantastic.
Great location, close to Old Quebec. Beautiful food at breakfast buffett.
Great staff, nice rooms. You can't go wrong with this hotel.

Average, good location

by TripAdvisor Member occasionaltravels

I booked for 2 nights, prepaid via expedia, but when we got there- they had no more rooms and made us stay at the hilton for the 1st night. I was surprised that they didn't offer any consolidation, ie free parking or some kind of discount, for the inconvenience that we had to walk down the street with our bags at 1am and then relocate in the morning. Yeah we got there verry late, but i had even called that afternoon specifically for this very reason, to confirm that i'll be checking in late. otherwise the room was clean, overall decor was a little outdated 80s style, nice pool, very hospitable people. It's also really close to the walled city part, 10-15 min walk to chateau frontenac area.

Comments