Fairmont Kenauk at Le Chateau Montebello

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Tags

Adventure Travel

Fairmont Kenauk, Don't Trust Them with your Visa

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 2, 2006

I used my visa card to purchase a recent moose hunting trip at Fairmont's canadian location, Kenauk. I have been hunting Kenauk for 12yrs with a group that includes my father, cousin and friends usually at least 8 people. The trip costs me $3000.00 for a 6 day hunt. I paid in full a month before arriving for the hunt. On the fifth day of the hunt I shot a bull moose. My 75 yr old father who was hunting with me fired his gun at the same bull but mistakenly shot a cow moose standing nearby. The incident was investigated by the local game wardens and the resort manager Steve Dechenes. No charges were issued and it was acknowledged an accidental shooting by all. The moose was confiscated and donated to charity.
One month later I rec'd a letter from Kenauk saying they charged my credit card $1139.50 for the indemnity of the loss of a cow moose. My fathers credit card was also charged. Furthermore he rec'd a call from Bill Nowells at Kenauk pressuring him to pay for the moose which he refused to do and was charged anyway.
I never rec'd any communication prior to being charged. I contacted Bill after receiving my letter. He told me that if I didn't like it I could dispute it with the credit card company.
I contacted Werner Sapp general manager of Hotel Montebello and Kenauk. His return email answered none of my concerns and it was obvious he had been misled by Kenauk management as to the situation.
I have sent emails detailing my concerns and situation to Fairmont and have had no response.
I don't think anyone at Fairmont hotels cares about their patrons. Even when notified of employees putting unauthorized charges on guests credit cards after they leave nothing was done.
Fairmont Hotels needs to pay more attention to its loyal patrons and weed out unscruplous managers performing unethical probably illegal activities.
We want to go back to Kenauk next year but Fairmont needs to investigate what happened this year. At a minimum I will never again use a credit card at a Fairmont facility, if I ever use one again!

Nearby Fairmont Kenauk at Le Chateau Montebello

Fairmont Kenauk at Le Chateau Montebello

• Fairmont Montebello
  • Montebello Fairmont
  • Fairmont Kenauk At Le Chateau Montebello Hotel Montebello

Address: 1000 chemin Kenauk, Montebello, Quebec, J0V 1L0, Canada

Quebec Travel Forum

Need advice about Quebec, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Quebec and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Quebec hotel reviews

Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Explore Deeper into Quebec
Walking around Vieux Quebec
Things to Do
Plains of Abraham (Battlefields Park)
Carnaval de Quebec
Pub Saint-Patrick
Driving to/around Quebec CIty
Walking around Vieux Quebec at night
Nightlife
Reseau de transport de la Capitale
Montmorency Falls
Local Customs
Charlevoix & Saguenay regions
Le Sacrilege
Nightlife
Saint-Jean-Baptiste (Quebec National Day)
Local Customs