Gite Un Air D'ete

8988, boulevard Ste-Anne, Quebec City, G0A 1N0, Canada
Gite Un Air D'ete
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Quebec

My friend Lisa coming in through the VIP doors :o)My friend Lisa coming in through the VIP doors :o)

It's now a lovely gardenIt's now a lovely garden

Quebec, CanadaQuebec, Canada

Old Settlement WallsOld Settlement Walls

Quebec City in a day and half

by Vilmad

We will be driving through Quebec City on our way to Montreal from Nova Scotia. We will be staying one night in a hotel in downtown Quebec City (in August) and were wondering if anyone could give us some pointers on what the absolutely must see points of interest are in Quebec City that we can do in a day and half.

Thanks,
Vilma

by Pomerol

Just walking through the Old City and enjoying the sites and people should pretty much take up your day and a half. Depending on the weather and the exhibits you could go to the Musée de la Civilisation.

Do you have a hotel yet? Do you want to eat out in a nice restaurant. Be careful and avoid tourist traps at that time of the year. If you need recommendations just write me.

Have fun and enjoy!

by airkarat

If you will be traveling on the south side of the river coming toward Quebec City, I suggest parking the car at the ferry parking lot in Levis and taking the ferry across. Its cheap and makes for great pictures (the ones you see in the postcards). I once parked in QC near the old town, and found that the parking meters were only good for 2 hours (and they're very strictly enforced) - with QC being built on levels, its was quite a workout to have to run back to feed the meter. I was there on a mid-week day in June (not yet the high season) but found the patios to be in full swing with lots to see - do yourself a favour and find longterm parking so you can enjoy the day at a leisurely pace.

by chibouqui

Parc de la Chute-Montmorency, driving in l'Île-d'Orléans, walking in old quebec, if u like to do some trekking, either mont st anne or jacquec cartier..
And as u write u will come in august, we have 2 festival during that month, New france festival and military festival which new france festival is my fav. So u should not miss that too.

by violette_ca

Hello there,

You can go see my Quebc's page. You will find some informations.

Have a nice trip.

Violette

Travel Tips for Quebec

When visiting this city you...

by Soozay

When visiting this city you must try the mussels (if you're a seafood lover)with french fries. This dish is French in origin but the people of Quebec jazz it up a bit with their variations. I've had mussels steamed with white wine and garlic, done with a thai curry sauce, and steamed plain and then drizzled with butter and chopped up garlic. Most of the french fries I had there were the skinny kind. Deeeeelicious! Crepes and maple syrup! If you arrive at the right time of the year you can visit a maple sugar farm and taste fresh maple syrup over ice. I had great crepes in downtown Quebec City. Of course no trip is done without bringing home some real maple syrup. Almost every market and tourist shop will sell the syrup either in tin cans or in pretty bottles.

Get up early and walk around...

by DueSer

Get up EARLY and walk around the city for some peaceful views, especially in summer when there are more tourists.

I arrived in Quebec in the late afternoon and found the city overrun by school children. It was annoying to say the least so I went to bed early and rose early. I was out on the town by 7am and enjoyed my time so much!
No shops are open and neither are most restaurants. The streets are practically deserted, except for a few delivery men.
It is a peaceful, beautiful time to see Quebec that is definitely worth getting out of bed for. During this time I was able to ride the funiculaire without having to wait in line and in bas ville, I met the city's official photographer who gave me some hints of where to visit *and* took my picture;-)

French Food and Drink # 2 - Maple Candy!

by jamiesno

Here in this picture a local guy at the Carnaval was serving maple candy from a traditional sugar shack.

This is very traditional and I would try if I were you while in Quebec. I got this picture right up on the Carnaval groups.

Outside of that time of year it might be a little harder to find.

Your cameras

by serge_fortin2001

What a beautifull picture that will make up Summer verry hot and humid 100 degres
Winter verry cold minus 20 degres
the fall season is chilly but so colorfull Lke in the us Everything you need

Maison Maillou

by Dabs

Maison Maillou, a National Historic Site, is an 18th century house that has been preserved, now home to the Chamber of Commerce. It would no longer be standing if not for the 1929 stock market crash as there were plans to tear it down and expand the Chateau Frontenac. Not sure if the funky aqua color paint is original or not.

Not open to the public.