15 rue Sault-au-Matelot, Quebec City, Quebec, G1K 3Y7, Canada

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• Karlie85's Profile Photo

Great location in Old Quebec

Dave and I stayed here for the second half of our honeymoon in August 2007. It is tucked away on a quaint side street, apparently the oldest street in North America, in the old part of Quebec City. Keep your eyes peeled, it is there! We had no problems checking in, and it was done in a good amount of time. The lady at the front desk led us right to our room.

We were in a standard room, which was on the main floor of the hotel, but it is not a standard hotel. In the centre of the hotel is an open courtyard with a restaurant. Our room door opened directly into the restaurant, which can cause a problem with privacy (we had a bit of difficulty with the blinds), and noise. One evening there was a particularly loud party right outside our door and there was nothing we could do about it. We called the front desk and they asked them to keep it down.

It can get quite humid in the summer time, and it was very humid when we were there in August. One of the downsides to having the outdoors essentially right outside our room was that our room got very humid and our bedding felt a bit damp every night. No fault of the hotel, just a heads up.

The room was nicely decorated and clean with a comfortable bed and a good sitting area. I liked the bathroom as well. The tub was a bit small, but the shower (spacious and with two shower heads) made up for it.

The service was average, nothing to complain about, but I expected a little bit more from a hotel like this.

Unique Quality: The hotel has breakfast every morning in the attached Restaurant Toast, which consisted of eggs, bacon, croissants, fruit, cereal and more, plus coffee, juice, tea or whatever beverage you like.

• skatzcatz's Profile Photo

Hotel Le Priori

Hotel Le Priori was a delightful place to geet away from the extreme cold outside. Facilities include a large spa bath, large bed, kitchen with all equipment, cable tv, stereo system and open fireplace.

It's not for the traveller on a tight budget unless your looking to splurge in class.

Highly recommended.

• rmdw's Profile Photo

Boutique Hotel in the Heart of the Old City

My friends, Deenu & Ravena, stayed here in August 2003. It's a boutique hotel that fits in well with the wonderful ambience of the old section of Quebec City.

It provided easy walking distance to everything. And in Quebec City, walking is how you get around!

Prices vary depending on package and time of year.

• Stellaluna's Profile Photo

Right for Everyone

This hotel has 21 rooms and 5 suites. I have not stayed here yet but have it on my list of hotels to review.

More about Hotel Le Priori

Honeymoon in Quebec City

by CanadianOne

Good afternoon VTers!!

Im looking for a nice boutique hotel in old Quebec City and any restaurant suggestions as we both love pastas, french food and where can i get a delicious poutine in Quebec city?!!? haha.
thank you!

by johngayton

There are a couple of good "boutique" hotels in Quebec City but as I haven't stayed in any of them I can't really advise. For a smart modern hotel the Best Western Downtown is pretty good, but not old town.

As to poutine - you can't go wrong with the Chez Ashton chain with branches around the city: use the locator on www.chez-ashton.com/restaurants2.php?type=1

For other restaurants and cafes here's my favourites: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/9d51c/dcf94/2/

Have a good trip!

by YVRDave

I like Hotel le Priori www.hotellepriori.com/

by jimboegv

WOW - for a honeymoon, I'd forget the "boutique" hotel and splurge by getting the best room with the best view of the St. Lawrence River in the Chateau Frontenac. Your ROOM can be your "boutique" and you can walk around in the old city. Nothing better in my opinion.

by Jefie

I agree with Le Priori, it's a really nice hotel. There are two more boutique hotels in the area that are worth checking out: Hotel 71 (http://www.hotel71.ca) and Le Germain-Dominion (http://www.germaindominion.com). Staying at the Chateau Frontenac is of course very romantic, but to be quite honest the rooms are not that special, you go for the atmosphere more than anything else. For a good poutine, I agree that Ashton's is probably the best place to go. The Portofino (http://www.portofino.qc.ca/) is a good Italian restaurant located in the old city. For a nice French bistro, try L'Echaude (http://www.echaude.com). For something with a more local flavor, I'd recommend Le Lapin Sauté (http://www.lapinsaute.com). Hope this helps!

Comments