3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

44 Cote du Palais, Quebec City, Quebec, G1R 4H8, Canada

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• Great Location, Nice Rooms

My wife and I and our teenage daughter have stayed at the Manoir Victoria three times: August 2006, February 2008 & February 2009. Obviously we like it.

We've stayed in two different types of room, which were all decorated similarly, warm-toned wallpaper, medium wood furniture. The cheaper room we stayed in once was smaller, and lacked a second bed. Our daughter grumbled the tiniest bit about the fold-out, but Quebec in winter is too much of an adventure for even a teenager to complain much.

This past winter we got a room facing Rue St. Jean, which we liked. It's a lively street and we had a nice view. But there is some noise, especially on busy Carnaval nights when plastic trumpets can be heard. The other two times we had rooms that faced away from the street, specifically overlooking the uninteresting metal-clad roof of a church. I've read complaints about this hotel that mentioned a poor view, but if you want to be in the center of an old city like Quebec, you simply will not be in a high-rise hotel (except at the Frontenac) where every room has an unimpeded view. I would take a central location like this over one out on the Grand Allee anytime. It's not a resort, after all, we're there to see the city, not lay around indoors.

Two of those times we arrived by car. We left the car in the garage that is attached to the hotel. The bellhops took our luggage from there, and brought it back down to the garage when we checked out.

The staff was efficient and pleasant. They let us try out our middling French on them and stepped in with excellent English if there was an impasse.

Unique Quality: There's a tiny, unusually shaped pol in the basement. There's really no adult swimming to be done in it, but it's good for kids to splash around in after a day of sightseeing. The locker room facilities are new and quite excellent.

There are two restaurants, the St. James (pub) and the Table de Manoir. The St. James was OK and certainly convenient, but there are so many restaurants within steps of the hotel that we didn't eat there very much. We never tried the (pricier) Table de Manoir.

Directions: The hotel is on Rue St. Jean, one of the main streets inside the walls of Quebec.

• L-A's Profile Photo

Good retreat hotel (marriage conference)

Yes I would reccommend this hotel. It isn't super fancy, but it is well located and they are friendly at the front desk.

Unique Quality: Warm furnishings in the rooms, comfortable beds. The mini fridge had an annoying hum, but they fixed that for me. There are two restaurants here. Also there is high speed internet available in the rooms, but we didn't bring a computer. There is a little room with two computers you can use to check email etc. We were here for a marriage conference and they were very good to us.

The front lobby is accessible by stairs on the 'front entrance' or through the restaurant on the other street (no stairs there)

Directions: Old Quebec City. For proper directions, see Manoir Victoria site. There are one way streets here.

More about Hotel Manoir Victoria

Manoir Victoria - Nicely updated Hotel in Old Quebec

I spent 5 nights here in June 2005 with my wife and daughter. The room was reasonable ($120C). This hotel, located in old Quebec, has remodeled its rooms – some in 2000 and some in 2003. We lucked upon a fairly large room that must have been redone in the past two years. The room was the quietest I’ve ever had. Though it faced the street (which stayed busy) little street noise got in and we never heard noise from the other rooms! (no stomping, doors closing, water in pipes – amazing).
The staff was among the friendliest and quick to offer useful advice of any I have encountered. The streets nearby are full of cafes and restaurants (all good). High-speed internet is free (bring an Ethernet cable). My wife treated me to a massage in the below street level spa – very nice facility and excellent massage!
The only downsides were parking was $17C per night (but valet parking with free in and out) and in hotel restaurants were a little costly and did not have the friendly staff the hotel did.

Spot On

by TripAdvisor Member rich13

We were very pleased with our stay here ( 2 nights, July 2005). At the beginnning we got caught out with the Valet Parking, as you really need to have your belongings sorted out before you leave your vehicle; it is easier not to have to return to your vehicle once it is parked - although staff were very helpful if you hadn't got it right!! If you wanted your vehicle thereafter it was easy - 5 minutes after your call to Reception the vehicle was out front and ready to go.
Rooms were very clean and air-conditioning was both responsive and quiet. The bar/restaurant was very busy but there was so many bars and restaurants within easy distance it didn't matter. Quebec City (inside the walls) really is special and the street entertainment is a highlight - entertainment is frequent and of good quality. We were lucky- we had a room overlooking St Jean Street and could enjoy the acts most of the evening.
Quebec is very special and Manoir Victoria is just where you would want to stay; given its location inside the city, its access to cafes and restaurants and the sights and sounds around you.
We visited all the sights around the city and travelled extensively outside; the Manoir Victoria was an excellent base to do all this; we recommend it!!

spring break getaway

Our family of 3 adults and 2 kids stayed at the Manoir Victoria for 2 nights.
The staff was excellent, the rooms were roomy and the bathroom very
clean, newly renovated room #502. Among the few hotels with indoor
swimming pool. The only thing with the pool was that the paint at the bottom of the pool was peeling off. A very nice spa. Located close to lots of restaurants, even a hospital across the street if needed. The valet service was slow at times and mixed our car with someone elses. We needed an
extra bed for the fifth person in our party, very uncomfortable. Overall we would go again if visiting Quebec City.

Excellent location and service

Quebec is beautiful so is this hotel. Located on the heart of the city's night life attractions, beautiful streets and so close to most of the old town attractions and two restaurants on site. Hotel staffs are very nice and they have a smile on the face all the time and ready to help always. Free WiFi internet on the loby or you can use the paid one also. We had a great time and will go back to Quebec as well as to Manoir Victoria again. From the bottom of our heart we highly recomand this hotel.

Great location and staff, reasonable room

I stayed in the Manoir Victoria for 4 nights with my 2 teenage children. Its location is perfect and its staff lovely and helpful, the pool is also a bonus at the end of long, hot day.

I was much less impressed with the room we had. We were allocated a 2nd floor room overlooking St Jean, it had no view to speak of. The room was fairly spacious but the bathroom was cramped, the air conditioning didn't work very well at all but worst of all it was extremely noisy - none of us got a proper night's sleep.

Its location would take me back but the rooms would cause me to look at reviews of other hotels in the city before rebooking here.

Great location - pity about the air-con!

by TripAdvisor Member NITripper

I stayed in the Manoir Victoria for 3 nights in July 2005 with my wife and 2 teenage children. We had 2 rooms. Both were beautifully decorated and comfortable but the air conditioning in one was a big problem. The main air conditioning doesn't seem to function in all the rooms and the others are therefore fitted with an individual air conditioning unit in the window which has to be operated manually - no problem with that except that the one in our room was incredibly noisy so you had to choose either to lie awake at night but stay cool or have quietness to sleep and eventually wake up baking hot anyway!
Staff were friendly and helpful though service in the gourmet restaurant was incredibly slow on the evening we were there.
Hotel location is excellent and I agree with everything that others have said about the valet parking.
I wouldn't necessarily advise against staying here but if you do stay, I'd suggest you insist on not having a room with a manual air conditioning unit!

You'll love it!

by TripAdvisor Member mtl

I stayed here in July my husband needed to go for business and me and the kids tagged along to see Vieux Québec. I enjoyed the hotel just from seeing their website at home before we even arrived.

The rooms are lovely, the bathroom is spacious with a big, glass shower and a big tub with jets, which my three kids loooved. The beds and linens are crisp and the blinds provide good room darkening (for a toddler who needs a nap during the day).

The location is perfect, you won't need your car once. There is also a restaurant there where kids eat free, and a lovely spa (why not get your eyebrows done while you're visiting).

The city has so much to see you won't spend much time in it anyway, but after a long day of seeing the sites it was heaven to return to.

People that complain must have this hotel confused with another. Enjoy your stay!

Quebec City, city of romance

by L-A

"Around the corner from Manoir Victoria in old city"

We were in Manoir Victoria around the corner from this Old City street. Lots of restaurants, some inexpensive, others very expensive. This was my third time in Quebec City, the second time staying overnight. The first time I was there I was part of a music programme, and stayed in Loews Le Concorde (its expensive now).

"Tony and L-A at Le Patriarche"

This restaurant was cosy and not cheap. Tony had wild game and I had sea bass and little appetizers. We had about three waiters (so which one gets the tip?)

"L-A @ Le Patriarche"

Quebec City is known for its good restaurants and European atmosphere. But I also came for the Montmorency waterfalls, east of Quebec City. You can see those in a travelogue (once I can get the pics posted)

Comments