249 St-Paul St, Quebec City, G1K 3W5, Canada

Booking.com Priceline.com

• Tom_In_Madison's Profile Photo

Inexpensive and spotless.

Located across the street and down about 4 blocks from the bus station. On a somewhat busy street, but it was quiet.

It’s 5 minutes from the bus station, but walk up the hill outside and you’re in the Old Part of QC in 5 minutes. Overlooks Parent Square & the market.

A day before I was leaving for Montreal my friend asked me where I was staying in QC. I said not sure yet, he gave me this place and number. I also luckily printed out some tips from here that had one from Deus_Ultima that listed this place also. My friends number didn’t work, must have only worked in the US, Deus’s phone number worked in Canada.

I stayed one night, a sunday night in May. One person cost was C$85 + tax, came out to C$100. This is cheaper than most in Quebec City from what I can tell.

Get out of Gar du Palais which I just took by bus. Walk past the fountain and cross the first street, which is Rue St Paul, and go left. Walk 4 or so blocks. It’s there on Rue St Paul, on the corner. Entrance is sort of around to the back. They have 8 rooms, but I heard they have more rooms across the street with more long-term facilities...not sure about that though.

Unique Quality: The rooms were real nice. I had a room for one person, but had a big bed. Came with towels, a shower, a plastic sleeve of shampoo and baby soaps. Room had a tv, and windows that opened. I was impressed, as you can probably tell I stay in less than gorgeous rooms usually.

There is a pool room & bar on the first floor, where the ‘office’ is. They serve breakfast here also.

Directions: 5minutes from bus station, on Rue Sainte Paul

• Deus_ultima's Profile Photo

My favorite hotel in Quebec City

L'Hotel Belley, situated right into Old-Quebec is a little gem that needs to be discovered!
    50 to 75 in low season
    65 to 115 in high season
    (canadian dollars)

I,ve been there twice and everytime was very satisfied. These are apartments so you can just feel at home. They are not all the same..so sometimes everythign is perfect..sometimes the bathroom is smaller!
    LOL!!

What I PARTICULARLY like here is that your are only 2 streets away from the St-Jean street on which you will find lot's of bars and restaurant plus tons tons of tourist stuff.

Unique Quality: You can either sleep above the tavern (in the main building) or in apartments across the street. The tavern hosts a ver eclectic, artsy crowd (St-Paul is where all the art galleries are) and it is very nicely decorated. The place also has that particular charm and smell associated with older places.

More about L'Hotel Belley

b+b's

by tankgirl

planning to be in quebec for a few nights early october. can anyone reccomend a nice b+b or other accom - preferably central - or not if its worth while.

thanks

by Deus_ultima

Hotel Belley's is really, really great and cheap and 5 minutes away by feet from the tourism quaters.

Nix and I've been there a few times, it's on my page

Re: Re: b+b's

by tankgirl

great. thankyou.

dont mind spending more money here as its not just a quick stop over. ill check out your web site.

by airkarat

Hey!! I'm just now checking my email after a week's driving vacation through Quebec. I was planning to camp but found the B&B prices to be so reasonable that I stayed at four of them from the Quebec City to Gaspe area. I can highly recommend the B&B just north of Quebec (city) near Stoneham, just inside the Jacques Cartier park. It is called Auberge du Jeune Voyageur http://www.chez.com/jeunevoyageur/en/index.html They have a 2-sun rating but I don't know why not more! Its a beautiful home especially suited to young travellers (hence the name) but it is not a hostel by any means. It would be gorgeous in the fall! The owners are very laid back and welcoming and it is direct by highway to Quebec although about 40k outside it in the foothills. I moved around all the way to Gaspe and can recommend more places if needed but they are not central. Incidentally I am told that early October is the best time to see fall colours and if you were up to it - its a LONG drive but well worth it - go to Perce and then stay near Gaspe in the Forillon Park at the Gite Loup Marin - right on the bay there with very friendly Armand to show you the seals and sights. http://www.gaspesie.net/loupmarin/english.htm. Between Quebec and Montreal near Drummondville is another place, a bit fancier - century home, lace, gourmet (!) breakfast - a bit more expensive but nice if you are looking for a classy place without the price-tag of a four or five-sun. It is called Le Madawaska http://www.bbcanada.com/865.html.

by shashasharon

try manoir st genevieve, its right near the chateau frontenac ...walking distance to just about everything or manoir de la tour.. have fun

Re: accomodation in Montreal

by ronaldpk

Maybe my question is not entirely related to the one above, but I would like to ask if anybody can recommend me how to find a room or an apartment in Montreal in the winter. I know for fact that traditionally people sign the lease on July 01 each year but I will be moving some time in the fall or the winter. Are there any postings at the universities? Are there any roommate services? Can someone still find an apartment at a reasonable price at this time of the year?

Thanks for any info.