Loews Le Concorde

1225 Cours du General-de-Montcalm, Quebec City, Quebec, G1R 4W6, Canada

Good For No Data
  • Hcamper's Profile Photo

Quebec City - good location

I have stayed at the Loews Le Concorde twice, both times in the winter.

It is a good location if you don't mind walking. You can walk to Old town in 15 or so minutes, to the waterfront 15 minutes and the Plains of Abraham is right across the street!

Some of the newer named restaurants are close by.

Very limited dining options at the hotel. Both times I have been there only the restaurant on top of the hotel was open for lunch and dinner. The smaller restaurant in the lobby is only open for breakfast and it is a little pricey for breakfast. However there are choices a couple doors down for inexpensive full breakfasts, along with a coffee shop across the street.

• myfuninthesun's Profile Photo

location

We stayed over the holidays. We chose this hotel because of the reasonable price and close proximity to the old city. We just used the valet parking at the hotel and were able to walk everywhere. good value. Dress warmly for the walk.

• Worse place to stay in Quebec

First off, this hotel is about 30 years OUT OF DATE, and the service team should take some classes in "how to treat customers right, especially when they pay a good price for service". The Loews could use about 4-5 seperate SERVICE ELEVATORS - as they have 4 little elevators that have LONG lines that stretch back to China. If any new luggage arrives, look out....the bell boys will be hogging up your elevator and the line just grows and grows and grows....

They have ONE ice machine in the entire hotel (on the 4th Floor), which also slows down elevator traffic. The gym was also less than stellar, as it was the size of someone's bathroom and was situated right next to their pool. The only good thing about the 4th floor is the FREE JUMBO WATER DISPENSER that you can use to fill out your little water canteens, and not have to pay those awful prices for the junk in your fridge. Use it and use it well and save your money.

We can go on, but the highlights of the bad service include:

1. Needing a blanket at around 12 midnight, so we called the front desk, but they wouldn't come up and deliver it. So we had to go down and get it ourselves. Strike ONE for their customer service.

2. We tried to buy ONE stamp to mail a postcard, but the hotel said that we needed to buy a MINIMUM of 6 stamps from them or else!? Nice eh?

3. We tipped the cleaning lady 2 dollars, but she didn't refill our shampoo and soap, and when we approached her afterwards, she gave us USED shampoo and soap!!!! The bottle was half empty and filthy!!! No joke

What's weird is that they cleaning folks like to get a head start on the day, so what happens? Our door opened up at 8AM and in pops the cleaning lady! Just leave the do not disturb sign on your door folks at all times...

Again, we can go on, as there was other forgetful incidents, but this place is just not worth it

Unique Quality: The city is awesome. I recommend to all romantics, but partyers must have a lot of fun too...

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

High Quality - Great Location

This hotel is a fairly high-quality establishment with a really great location in Quebec City. Despite this, I had a slight problem in that my room did not have the usual hotel booklet describing all their various services. As a result, when I wanted to order room service on my first night in town, I had to phone down for one to be sent up. Over a half-hour later, I was still waiting and had to phone them again - this time it arrived within minutes. Then, when I finally did place my order it took another 45 minutes to arrive! The chicken pot pie certainly was good but, by then, I wolfed it down so fast that I don't remember many details!

Unique Quality: Located beside the very scenic and well landscaped Plains of Abraham, where the battle that determined Quebec's fate was fought in 1759, the hotel offers easy access to a relaxing walk or jog in this area. Also, as you step out the front door, you are at one end of the always hopping Grand Allee and its multitude of street restaurants and bars. The top of the hotel also has a revolving restaurant on its 26th floor.

I paid an official $159 Canadian/night but it translated into $185 after taxes (US$140) plus another C$19/night for hotel parking.

Directions: Beside the Plains of Abraham & at the start of Grand Allee

• Polly74's Profile Photo

A quickstep to the centre

This hotel overlooks the Grand All?e, a street that is home to some of the city?s most fashionable restaurants, bars, lounges, and nightclubs.
    Grand lobby decorated with live plants and plush lounge furnishings to its elegant revolving rooftop restaurant, this modern hotel projects an ambience of comfort, convenience, and style.

Unique Quality: This hotel has a glass elevator leading to a revolving restaurant, as well as a lobby restaurant offering breakfast daily and drinks in the evening. Other highlights include an outdoor pool, spa tub, two saunas, and a fitness center. The atrium-lit children?s recreation center offers ping-pong, foosball, and board games

• rmdw's Profile Photo

Fine Accommodations in Quebec City

This hotel has the most distinctive shape of any in Quebec City. It also has the only revolving restaurant!

Our whole stay here was absolutely fabulous. The rooms and views are immaculate. The swimming pool, jacuzzi, and exercise room are top notch.

The hotel is not directly in the old part of the city but is only a few blocks away. And it sits beside a beautiful park and other grasslands.

Unique Quality: The hotel promotes special packages for bringing kids and/or pets.

Directions: If one is coming from Montreal, it's just off of the main street into town, not far from the old section of the city. Just remember the profile from the photo and you'll recognize it immediately!

• eduar68's Profile Photo

Loewes Le Concorde

Unique Quality: Overlooking the majestic St. Lawrence River and the historic Plains of Abraham, and only one block from the Old Walled City. The building itself is a crime. Cannot be uglier!!. Inside, you have all the comforts and amenities of a first rate property. It has all the gimmicks of typical bussiness oriented hotels but in general I was quite pleased with the hotel and the service

• akram_guirgu's Profile Photo

Loews le Concorde

$152 Canadian/night for 2 double bed room.

Unique Quality: Deluxe hotel located on Quebec City's Champs=Elysees overlooking St Lawrence River, 15 minutes from airport
    Hotel offers 3 restaurants including revolving rooftop restaurant(Astral Buffet/A La Carte), concierge, business center, health club, seasonal pool, concierge, valet parking.It also got Panoramic Elevator that helps you get a nice view of the city.

Directions: 1225 Place Montcalm
    Fax: (1) 418 647 2222

More about Loews Le Concorde

Disappointment from a loyal customer since 1998

by TripAdvisor Member MissMoneypenny

I've been going to the Loews Le Concorde since 1998. I am a Loews First Card Holder. I know the kind of quality to expect from this brand of hotel. Always has been top notch. I always had the best service at the Loews Le Concorde. The Staff at L'Astral was always friendly - Especially YYvone.
He is an asset to them. Valet service always was prompt and professional - always organized. I would have never have looked to another hotel chain!

However, my after my most recent stay there, I fell out of love with this hotel and began to consider the Chateau De Frontenac.

The valet was unorgainzed and took me 30 min to get my car parked and unloaded.

Check in was fine and staff was VERY professional. Very nice ladies. However, I did not get the suite that I booked, but I had an afternoon check-in. I let this slide.

When I went to my room however, it was not prepared. My Loews first welcome gift (Fruit basket and water) was not there. Also, my minibar looking like someone blew a burrito up in it.

I called down to the front desk and they connected me with room service. I was told that cleaning was done for the day regardless of my check in status and that I would have to wait until Monday. Mind you, everything in the minibar was ruined (Cheeses, water, etc.). I called the manager and explained this was unacceptable. The manager did not seem to care and I received the same response. I called Loews First and complained and within 20 minutes got a call back from the manager and 2 very nice cleaning ladies at my door. I felt bad for the poor cleaning ladies as it really was a mess, but they said no one should be subjected to a room in this state. There was nail polish on the radiators, carpets were not clean. They are supposed to check the minibar daily...how on earth could they have missed that mess!!!???

The manager then tried to give me money off my room and a free meal at L'Astral, but all I wanted was for his staff to do thier jobs right and treat me with the respect that I deserved as a customer.
I did not accept any freebies from this gentleman.
I am convinced he only treated me decent as I had called his corporate office. Otherwise, prior to that I was treated like a hassle.

I booked a suite (Over $500 a night) and my room and service was substandard. Do yourself a favor and book the cheaper room, because your quality of service does not go up in this hotel if you book a suite, as it does in other hotels. It is a shame, as I had booked a suite before in this hotel when I went up in business a few years before and received excellent service. This must obviously be a mangement issue.

They changed L'Astral a few years back as well (The rotating rooftop restaurant). They used to only have seating around the windows and it was formal/business dress. Now they have doubled up the seating and you have to request in advance a window seat. I encourage you to make reservations in your booking or upon your arrival. You will want the 7PM seating.

Great Hotel - Solid 4* Service

by TripAdvisor Member MaiTai

We booked three rooms at Hotel Loews and stayed for three nights in August. We had three families with four younger kids. At check in, we requested three non-smoking rooms double beds on the same floor and two connecting rooms. The front desk staff was able to accommodate our request with no problem. We were given three rooms on the 9th floor with great city view. In addition, each kid received a bag of small toys and they were thrilled.
This hotel is a solid 4*. Lobby and rooms are very clean and spacious. From the hotel is a good 10 minutes walk to Citadel, Parliament building and other attractions. Many restaurants are only a few steps away. The out door heated pool is on the 4th floor and kinda old. Juice is provided all day at the pool area compliment of the hotel.
Self underground parking is $18 a day and they didn't have enough parking at time. We had to use valet parking for one day but the hotel did not charge us extra. Overall, this hotel is great and the service is excellent. We will definitely come back to this hotel.

Christmas in Quebec City

by leeaf

My wife and I plan to be in Quebec City December 24-31 this year. Can anyone recommend a good hotel. We want to stay inside the old city walls or in the lower city near the furnicular, if possible. The hotels we are considering are Belley, Manoir Victoria, Alberge Ste. Augustine, Dominion and Cap Diamont. Any restaurant recommendation? Good things to do at that time? Thanks in advance.
Lee Faulkner

Re: Christmas in Quebec City

by Rachaelpass

The Chateau Frontenac is wonderful - we stayed there in August. Although the Cap Diamont is quite nice and alot cheaper. May I suggest you at least try tea at the Chateau or dinner, the inside of the hotel is not to be missed.

by rmdw

Lee,

First off, Bienvenue a Quebec!!! You are going to have an absolutely wonderful time in Quebec City over the Xmas holidays!

I've only stayed overnight in Quebec City once. We stayed at the Loew's Hotel - the one with the unique shape and the rotating restaurant on top. I realize it is just outside the city walls but the service was fabulous and the price wasn't bad.

May you have a great trip!

Robert W.
Montreal

by alza

hello Lee

I'm from Quebec City. Personally, I love to visit the lower old city near the funicular but would prefer to stay uptown (still near the funicular :-))

The Clarendon Hotel is a good choice, for location and style. It's down Ste.Anne St from the famous Chateau Frontenac.
(I stayed there often on business -- once during Winter Carnival, it was noisy with partying students but it's usually ok.)
I checked availability and rates just to give you an idea:
Dec24-26, Corporate Rates CDN$109, Rack Rates CDN $169

I think I'd also favour the Loews Le Concorde, just outside the Old Town, lots of great restaurants and nightlife and daylife in front, on Grande-Allée. Everything happens there!
For the same dates, their promotion rate is CDN$134.
You're less than 10 minutes walk from the Old Town and you won't feel cramped. I'd go for the Loews.

Fave restaurant: Café d'Europe on rue du Parloir (I think) very near the Château Frontenac.
Le Chalet Suisse, also on rue Ste-Anne, near Le Château (lobsters, fondue suisse, raclette, great great great)
All the other cozy restaurants on Ste-Anne or St-Louis.
Le Paris-Brest, across from the Loews.
and maybe still... a classic... Le Continental, again near Le Château.

for simpler fare, down near the funi, go to Le Cochon Dingue or Le Café du Monde, corner Dalhousie. Any small pizzeria/Italian restaurant around Place Royale is good too.
Lots more but I don't have all day to list them. haha.

Have a great time, and Bonjour to Québec!

lou

Re: Christmas in Quebec City

by Bostongrrl

We stayed at The Chateau Frontenac in 2001. It is absolutely beautiful!!! Expensive, but worth it.

by leeaf

Thanks for the great posts They are very informative and helpful.

Comments