Quebec Hotels

Our Members Say

• kimlow302 profile photo kimlow302
  • Reviews: 3

Le Gite Du Fleuve: Wonderful B & B in Quebec

Le Gite Du Fleuve is a quaint cottage - 149 years old. The owners, Danielle and Maurice are wonderful hosts. They are there to advise on what to see, where the best restaurant, transport and so on…..

The rooms are comfortable. Breakfast was superb with fresh bread, fruits, homemade jams and cake of the day. In front of the cottage is a big park where you can go jogging, walking or running. Near the B & B, there is also a 400 steps staircase if you fit enough to attempt to climb it. Many folks do in the morning. Made the 200 steps and decide to climb down.

You can walk to the Quebec old city from the B & B. Fast walking about 10-12 mins. Slow walking about 25 mins. Alternative there is a regular bus that stops 50meters from the B & B and it go straight to Old Quebec City, the museum, Marche and many other interesting place.

it is 149 years old cottage renovated to be a B & B. It has a great view of the Lawrence River and sometime you can see big Ocean Liner crossing in front of you.

The best about this B & B are the hosts (Danielle and Maurice) who are most helpful, warm and make out stay in Quebec so memorable.

• Written June 8, 2011

front of the B & B

• brazwhazz profile photo brazwhazz
  • Reviews: 485

Auberge St-Louis: Practical, but little more

When visiting Quebec City, we usually book at the excellent youth hostel located in the Old Town. However, as is sometimes the case during the summer festivals, the youth hostel was completely booked when we planned our last-minute weekend trip.

Looking for other budget-friendly options (less than $100/night for two people) in the Old Town, we booked a room at the Auberge St-Louis. Unfortunately for us, we had the misfortune of being there during the hottest weekend of the year: our room had no air conditioning, but rather a huge, impossibly loud standing fan. We could not turn it off because if we did, the air would become hot and stuffy. We chose what seemed to us the lesser of two evils!

Breakfast at the nearby Le Petit Château restaurant was included in the price, but we found the food rather bland and ended up having breakfast elsewhere the morning of our second day in Quebec City.

On a positive note, it must be said that Auberge St-Louis is very well located (which is why we chose it in the first place) and that its staff is friendly and understanding. They make a valiant effort to make your stay comfortable, but simply don't have all the necessary resources. I would still recommend it outside the hot summer months, when air conditioning is not a factor, for travellers on a limited budget who want to be near all the main sights.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written October 21, 2009

Hotel entrance

• Greggor58 profile photo Greggor58
  • Reviews: 478

Manior du Jardin....: Great room,Good Breakfast...Cranky Hostess : O [

The location was FANTASTIC...located inside of the walls of Old Quebec...just inside the Saint-Louis gate...

This property is an easy walk to most of the attractions of the Old Quebec...and the room that I had was a marvelously decorated room with a washroom and small kitchenette...I was on the very top floor which meant that I had NOBODY above me....it was a bit of a climb to get to the third floor where I stayed...

The woman that was managing the property was not the most cheerful to deal with and I'm not at all a very demanding client.She just was plain nasty....I really don't know what her problem was but she certainly didn't like talking with me even to provide the most basic of information.

The breakfast was presented well and the choices were good...the hot food was hot and the coffee was GREAT...breads,sweet loafs,toaster,two different types of cheese as well as creamed cheese...orange juice and yogurt as well as the usual cereals were provided.

The ambiance was quiet and relaxing...a tv located within the room and a large comfortable bed with lots of pillows!!

I was surprised that there was not a newspaper available though in the mornings...I think its not much to ask for when someone is forking out $ 140 .00 a night to be pampered little bit .
When I asked the woman about a paper....I might as well have been asking her for a piece of the Moon...looks speak volumes...and her's wasn't very pleasant....this and other situations were not the most comfortable situations Ive ever been in...I think someone that is in the Tourist Industry and interacting with the public should at least pretend to be happy in they're jobs!

I walked to the store to get my own to share with the other guests... : O [

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Trains, Museum Visits, Historical Travel
  • Written October 18, 2008
Tip Photo

Manior du Jardin Bed and Breakfast,Quebec City.

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Universel: Good option if you're looking for a budget hotel

Hotel Universel is located in the Sainte-Foy area, right across the street from the Universite Laval campus. It has clearly seen better days, but if you're looking for a cheap and convenient place to stay, this place is a good option. The staff is nice, there are many restaurants around, parking is free and there's a bus stop located just across the street (you can ask the staff to point it out to you). Bus #7 will take you straight to the Old City in about 15 minutes, while Bus #87 will take you to Place Sainte-Foy, Place de la Cite and Place Laurier, one of Canada's biggest shopping complexes, in less than 10 minutes. So again, don't expect too much luxury but if you'd rather put your money on something else than a hotel room, then it's definitely worth checking it out.

There's a pool in the basement - the stairs are a bit scary but once you get there it's fine.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 15, 2008
Tip Photo

Hotel Universel in Sainte-Foy (Quebec City)

Manoir du Lac Delage: Escape to the country side

For those who are coming to Quebec City with the idea of escaping from the crowds and seeking a quiet refuge surrounded by nature, Le Manoir du Lac Delage can be a good option. It is located within easy driving distance from the Old City (about 30 minutes), in a very quiet area by the lake. They offer different types of rooms and packages to fit all budgets, and there are plenty of activities to do on site. The Manoir's spa is also very popular. I spent a week there with a group of people and although I had an excellent stay, I must warn you that other people had some problems with the Internet access in their room and getting hot water in the shower. Food was very good, but a tad expensive, especially for breakfast. My own room was very spacious, clean, comfortable and nicely decorated, and there was a nice balcony overlooking the lake. I really enjoyed going for a walk around the lake and being able to do so many activities on site, and it was so dark and quiet at night, I don't think I've ever slept so well in my life!

The location is what makes this place so amazing. There's also a pool, a spa, a great restaurant and plenty of activities to do on site.

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Food and Dining
  • Written January 5, 2008

My room at Le Manoir du Lac Delage

• solopes profile photo solopes
  • Reviews: 3959

Chateaugway: A bad night

We were travelling in a three star base, but one of the first hotels rated four, and... we became expecting some comfort. However, for us, everything failed in Quebec. The french people had no complaints, but... we did.
Maybe because we were a family of four, we went to an apartment over the entrance. It was large, nothing to say about beds and bathroom, but it had no conditioned air. It was very, very hot and impossible to sleep with the window closed. But it was also impossible with it opened, because the noise from the road. Bad Memories from Quebec.

We alerted the guide and he seemed very surprised. Maybe because of it, in the following stop, we had the best apartment (I think).

• Related to: Historical Travel, Arts and Culture, Architecture
  • Written April 13, 2007

Quebec - Canada

Chaumiere Juchereau-Duchesnay: Spend the night in a New France manor

This lovely country inn is located near the town of Ste-Catherine-de-la-Jacques-Cartier. The Chaumière Juchereau-Duchesnay was built in the 18th century, during the French Regime. The passing years have only added charm this lovely inn, which now offers one of the best French cuisine in the region. Visitors can also spend the night in one of the nine cozy rooms, go for a dip in the outdoor heated swimming pool and start the next day with a delicious breakfast in the inn's historic dining room or, on a warm summer morning, on the terrace by the pool.

I've stayed there twice and can't say enough good things about the inn's professional and friendly staff. I've also gone for dinner and was amazed at the quality of the Table d'hote, which features French delicacies along with regional fares. The inn is also conveniently located within walking distance of the Lac-Saint-Joseph golf course, and just a short ride away from the Station Duchesnay. A true gem!

Poetry lovers might be interested to know that the manor once belonged to the family of Saint-Denys Garneau (1912-1943), one of Quebec's most renowned poets, who spent many years at the manor during his childhood; he also spent the last few years of his life living as a recluse at the manor. He died of a heart attack at the age of 31 by the Jacques-Cartier River.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Food and Dining
  • Written February 21, 2007
Tip Photo

One of the inn's nine cozy rooms

• 1W1V profile photo 1W1V
  • Reviews: 580

Youth Hostel - Auberge de jeuness: rue Sainte Ursule

Stay there for 4 nights but was obliged to change room after two nights.
It was ok for a hostel, rooms were big and clean so were the facilities.
This hostel offers a very good breakfast.
Paid around 35 CAD per night which is not cheap for Canada

Location
Friendly staff
Internet connection (3 CAD/1 hour)
Cleaness
Good Breakfast

• Written October 28, 2006
Tip Photo

• crocodilehunterfan profile photo crocodilehunterfan
  • Reviews: 3
Guirin great outdoor's

I stayed at my dad's house. He live's in Guirin, Quebec. It's in the middle of no ware. All country and wood's. At night is so quit and still and a beautiful cool breaze. It's a great place to go to relax.

Well I stayed at my dad's house but they do have hotel's and motel's near by in the other small town close by.

• Related to: Road Trip, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel
  • Written September 25, 2006
Tip Photo

My boy and girl playing in the snow Guirin,Quebec

• bicycle_girl profile photo bicycle_girl
  • Reviews: 335

Universite Laval: Low prices if the hostel is full

You will stay at the residences of Universite Laval. If the hostel downtown is full, this is not quite the same location, but at least you have a roof and some privacy. One bus away from dowtown and the prices are reasonnable.

Laundry, shared bathroom, tv room and student like company.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Study Abroad, Backpacking
  • Written July 10, 2006

• MylesD profile photo MylesD
  • Reviews: 95

Bed and Breakfast 'Les trois balcons': A great room near le Vieux Quebec

My girlfriend and I enjoyed a pretty good stay here. The people who own it (Pauline and Pierre) have been living in Quebec for 3 years now and have received people from all over the world. You are treated to a wonderful breakfast (between 8-9); fruits, eggs, croissants, you choose.

The room was quite nice and the overall decor within the building was beautiful. There's a living room downstairs and one upstairs, so it's easy and nice to hang around and chat up the other visitors or simply sit down and read a book in a quite atmoshpere.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written June 7, 2005

• chodearm profile photo chodearm
  • Reviews: 595

Maison Historique James Thompsen: Older than Grandmas gigorkas

Haven't been to a BED and BREAKFAST this good yet. All the cards were on the table just right. The houses three stories supported rooms of sizeable capacity. We were in the blue room, which cradled its own full bathroom and a queen sized bed. All the while I was in this room I was getting this foggy ocean wave sound in my ear. I'm not kidding, this was freaking me out, was I growing inertia? Was a ghost present? I did however lose my thumbnail in these walls confines. Quebec tried stealing a piece of me. The BnB had all the origional details and was only accessed through crocheted slip on socks, much like Japan, no shoes indoors. The absolute highlight of this place, beyond the great owners and perfect surroundings was the most thourough breakfast I have ever had in a bed and breakfast. Usually its the continenetal sort, but here, there was an onslaught of cereal, home made doughnuts, muffins, cookies, OJ (not Simpson), bottomless coffee and then the main, a choice of eggs, french toast, or Wild-Blueberry Pancakes. I'm still stuffed. I like this place so much I accidentaly kept the key in my pocket just to have a piece of this place with me. So if you do stay in that blue room, be careful, you may find me in the middle of the night rummaging through your undies draw.

The breakfast they make I can die with

• Related to: Food and Dining
  • Written May 31, 2005

• cheryl_the_mermaid profile photo cheryl_the_mermaid
  • Reviews: 27

Sentiers du Moulin: Isolation Refuge

This is actually in Lac Beauport, a half hour drive away from Quebec City. They have campgrounds and 'refuges', which are rustic camping cabins. Ours had bunkbeds, living area with couches and a half functional kitchen, an iron stove, composting toilet, pretty deck, stream out back, and total isolation and privacy. I enjoyed this part of my Quebec City trip the best!

No electricity, in the middle of nowhere by yourself, no nearby neighbours, wolves howling at night, waking up to the stream out back... total relaxation.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Camping
  • Written April 12, 2005

our refuge

• Laura_Mexico profile photo Laura_Mexico
  • Reviews: 644

Accueil Bourgault: Nice home-like B&B

I must say I have mixed feelings about this place... It wasn't my first choice for lodging: I had no idea where to stay, so I browsed some brochures at the train/bus terminal and picked a B&B which looked really nice and was within walking distance from the station (La Boheme).... I was trying to get into this place but the lady in charge -- who was very kind -- told me she had no vacant room but she would take me to another B&B 2-3 doors away where they did have a free room.

So she took me there, and I must say the house was very nice. The old lady who ran it was also very attentive, she cooked breakfast every morning and even booked a day trip for me. However, I don't think this is the nicest area in Quebec City... it was a bit dark at night, with some suspicious youngsters walking by the streets leading to the B&B which really made me feel frightened and unsafe (and I live in Mexico City, where this is rather the norm...!), even though I was not coming back at 2 AM or something like that.... Nothing bad happened to me, fortunately, but I did feel this was not the best area to stay at. It was very convenient to be so close to the train/bus station and the service and the facilities were pretty good, but I think I wouldn't stay in this area again, even though during the day it was very safe, with people walking around, and it had a small supermarket and a shopping center (with public phones) nearby.

The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated with cable TV, the bathroom was very spacious (only 1 bathroom for the 3-4 rooms in the house) and clean as well with all the necessary stuff. The lady even had a mini fridge upstairs -- i.e. next to the rooms, so you didn't have to go all the way down to the kitchen -- where you could store your things, and a complimentary coffee and tea self-service. I paid something like USD $50-55 per night back then (2005) -- about CAN $55-60.

NOTE: While updating this tip I googled this B&B and found out that it is no longer on business as per one of the most reliable online directories of hotels and accommodations in Quebec City....!!?? It would be a pity if it were true.... but in any case, you can still try to look into La Boheme, which apparently is still there and seemed to be a very good and affordable option too.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written April 8, 2005
Tip Photo

My room at the B&B! Cute ain't it?

• LeDragon profile photo LeDragon
  • Reviews: 116

Accomodation website

When I search for accomodations in Quebec province, I use this government website, where most hotels will be. They provide you a map and informatons about the service, but also the phone number and even the accomodation website, si you can call them directly.

• Written March 13, 2005