Owl's Head

40 Chemin du Mont Owl's Head, Mansonville, Quebec, JOE1X0, Canada
Expedia.com Otel.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

More about Quebec

Art work along the roadArt work along the road

View From Main RoadView From Main Road

The FoundryThe Foundry

Old QuebecOld Quebec

Easter Break

by masimani

Hi,

I will be visiting my sister in Easter from Sydney and be staying there for about week. She will have school after Easter Monday, so time with her will be very tight.

I'm a bit concern of the lack of activities to do together since most businesses will be closed in Easter. Does that also include the major tourist attractions?

Any info and suggestion would be helpful.
Thanks.

by Vicki-Maree

Do you mean you will be staying in Sydney? If you are going to be in Sydney you won't have a problem finding things to do, it's really on the go all the time. Go to the Sydney tourism site and that will suggest a range of activities depending on your interests.

by masimani

I'm from Sydney Australia!

by Pomerol

Most if not all businesses will be open in the old town of Quebec City (if that's where you're going) on Easter as well as tourist attractions.

In addition, there are usually special activities around Easter so there will be plenty to do for you and your sister.

Travel Tips for Quebec

CARNAVAL de QUEBEC

by KarenandCory

Carnaval de Quebec is a winter carnival in the heart of the old Quebec. It takes place annually from late January to early February and continues for 17 days. 1992
Went to Carnaval de Quebec on a school trip with my college. We were only there a couple of days. I would love to return and spend more time.
A classmate of mine had icicles on her eyelashes it was sooo cold. I don't know if the temperature was unusual but it was the coldest I've been in my life. And I grew up in New England and have been to Iceland. Someone told us it was 30 degrees below zero... not sure if that was really how cold but BRRRRR. A week later I was on a family trip to Bermuda and the temperature difference made it seem even more cold than it actually was.

I was in college and drinking was a popular activity of my classmates. One of my most vivid memories is walking around Quebec at night drinking alchohol out of a Bonhomme walking stick thing.

I have to go back to the winter carnival as an adult, not surrounded by girls who only went on this trip to drink. I regret not seeing more of the actual Carnival.

Trains and Buses

by ScottHurl

You will most likely find a schedule on the Greyhound web site. As for going straight through, you would be better off getting off in Montreal. Then catch the bus Montreal to Quebec City. You could also go by Metro to the train station and catching the train (VIA is the name of the train service in Canada). They have a web site Via.ca. The don't have alot of trains that go to Quebec City but you could get something to eat in our train station while you wait. The name of our train station in Gare Central/Central Station. GOOD LUCK HOPE I HELPED.

THE CHATEAU FRONTENAC HOTEL

by Simonneeddy

YOU SHOULD LEARN THE HISTORY OF THIS HISTORICAL SITE VISIT THE CITY AND OLD QUEBEC. A Picture of the CHATEAU FRONTENAC HOTEL IN QUEBEC CITY (ONE OF THE MANY IN THE CANADIAN PACIFIC CHAIN OF HOTELS). It was here that SIR WINSTON CHURCHILL met with PRESIDENT ROOSEVELT during the war in the summer of 1944.The board walk and the St. Lawrence River are in front of this hotel. THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN FROM OLD QUEBEC I. THE FAMOUS PLAINS OF ABRAHAM ARE BESIDE IT the Hotel. VIEWING THE ST. LAWRENCE RIVER FROM THE BOARDWALK. vISITING INSIDE THE HOTEL.

French Food and Drink # 12 - French Bagette

by jamiesno

Ok we can't be sitting in fancy restaurants all the time if your touring around at a frantic pace or on a budget so there are more options for trying the local cousine!

I wandered into a small convenience store and bought a freshly made bagette with a strong mustard on it but it was very tasty.

This store had all the ambiance of some of the fancy places as well. The local regulars where there buying cigarettes, getting a coffee and chatting about the local gossip. They were very expressive and willing to help with a few questions I had.

It was a nice fun experience and we ended up having some laughs with the people there, they were very friendly.

Carnaval de Quebec # 1 - The basics!

by jamiesno

Ok so let's start with my tips of the world famous Carnaval de Quebec. Of course there is a gift shop as you see in the picture and Carnaval souviners can be found everywhere but this lady was nice enough to pose with two things that the real hardcore Carnaval goers have with them.

The Trumpet for making lots of noise and a plastic cane that is traditionally used to put the famous local drink "Caribou" in.

These are two things you might want to have with you :-)

Comments