130 BELZILE AVENUE, Rimouski, QU G5L3E4

Costs 31% more and rated 20% lower than other 2 star hotels

More about Hotel Le Navigateur

Historic hotel in Quebec City

by bkathryn about Chateau Frontenac

The Chateau Frontenac is an historic hotel in the heart of Old Quebec City. Though it's a bit pricy, it's lovely to stay in, if you have the opportunity! Great views.

Brilliant Castle

by Benissimo about Le Chateau Frontenac

I can only say this, this hotel is by far the best stay I've ever had. I'm not saying this because they upgraded my room for free as well. The staff was classy, helpful and top notch in every form. I am not a suit-and-tie type of patron, I'm simply into castles by which this beautiful hotel did not disappoint.

I highly recommend a stay at this beautiful castle/hotel upon every regard. The employees conveyed to me that this is the "best" hotel in Quebec and they were more than proud to work there and it showed; trust me.

I will always behold fond memories of Le Chateau Frontenac.

Cheers Beautiful Castle, hands down; excellent and courteous staff.

Manoir de Laurentians

by Arial_27 about Manoir de Laurentians

This was a comfortable hotel located in St. Donat. If you're on a ski trip to Mont Garcea, I would highly recommed staying here. The rooms were always clean, with bunkbeds and a TV. There was a beautiful lake outside the hotel and in the summer you can go swimming. The buffet breakfast was delicious. They served typical French breakfasts: hot chocolate, crapes, baguettes with jam...Mmmmm Great view, telephone booth, common room with terrace, restaurant, close to Mont Garceau, located in a pretty town with friendly bilingual people.

Fantastic Location

by Bwana_Brown about Auberge Place D'Armes

All of my previous trips to Quebec City had been due to either business meetings or just a one-night stop-over on the way home from Montreal or points further west. During this late-May, 2005 trip to the city, my wife's sister (Pauline) was visiting us from Cornwall, England. We had to come up with something a bit different for her visit, so we said let's spend a few days in Quebec City. No point in sparing the expense, or 'let's throw the cat another goldfish' as we would say in the Maritimes! We booked ourselves into a very nice Auberge (Inn) located in the heart of the walled-section of Quebec City.

This photo shows the pedestrian part of Ste Anne street running in front of Auberge Place D'Armes, with its small oval black sign. Adjoining it on the ground floor is a nice little restaurant, the Pain Beni, with part of its suspended red sign visible. We were located on the top floor overlooking both the street and the Chateau Frontenac hotel across the square.

Our bill, with taxes, came to C$350 (US$280) for three people for two nights. This included the extra person charge of C$20 per night. Our room at Auberge Place D'Armes was very comfortable and well appointed. The main bed was great for a nice slumber (2nd photo) and, in European style, the TV was hung from the ceiling on a swivel arrangement to provide more useable space in the walking part of the room. To the right of the bed was a small washbasin and a full bath/shower with a dividing curtain from the remainder of the room.

The other end of the room (3rd photo) featured a real brick wall and contained a small couch which doubled as a pull-out bed. To the left on this photo, another very small room contained the toilet with a second washbasin and mirror. Our view out over the Place D'Armes toward the Chateau Frontenac was through two sets of windows to the right.

Since the Auberge is located on the pedestrian-only part of Ste. Anne street, we had no problems at all with noise. I imagine this would be a great spot during the summer months, with the sidewalk tables already set up on the street (but, this time, it was too cold and windy for anyone to use them) along with the stands of various artisans!

Hotel Victoria, Bond Hotel,...

by jmcadoo1

Hotel Victoria, Bond Hotel, Howard Johnson Hotel, Colony Hotel: all in downtown-midtown Toronto, Ontario.
Each hotel listed above is priced at roughly $90-$150 CDN dollars.

The new Ramada Plaza Hotel

by cobrioc about The new Ramada Plaza Hotel

$$ The hotel offers a varied range of deluxe accommodations including rooms with Jacuzzi tubs that overlook the spectacular American and Canadian Falls.

Prince of Wales Hotel

by Sandy_Sig. about Prince of Wales Hotel

The hotel has excellent old world charm and ambience. Excellent views inside and outside from the hotel of Waterton Lake down below. Also, from the hotel you can capture a bird's eye view of the quaint town of Waterton down below. There are occasional mountain goat that roam the hotel grounds. There is a gift shop, beauty salon, restaurant, pub, large indoor lobby which is 2-3 stories tall, and views unmatched all around!

Great Mid-priced Hotel in Vancouver

by Paul2001 about Sylvia Hotel

The Sylvia Hotel ranks as one of the most pleasurable hotels that I have ever stayed in. It is inexpensive and in a great location near Vancouver's Stanley Park and on the beach. There is also a great bar.
This is an extremely popular hotel so I highly recomment that you book your room several weeks, even months, in advance. The bar is a great place to sit at sunset with its westward exposure. The rooms are quite large for the price. Because of its age, it was built in 1912, the hotel has an old-world atmosphere.

A 4 season Resort top of the line.

by Simonneeddy about Banff Hotel Alberta

Banff Hotel. 'for more pictures of this area see pages 'BANFF and JASPER'
Very expensive-- must reserve well in advance. Hot spring pool a health spa. mountain view.

The Grand Hotel

by Kindra about The Grand Hotel

I actually have no idea right now, but it is the best quality hotel you can get in town. If you do have the money to stay here, it is well worth it. If not, it is well worth it to walk around the premises and sample the hotel restaurants and bars. The view in the summer alone is worth a million bucks. There is a promenade anyone can walk on that goes along the lake and has pleasant paths among grass and flowers and ponds and goes through the beachfront theatre (plays are done here in summer sometimes) and ends up at a beach (modest). Do also try Rosie's Pub and Coyote's Restaurant(excellent).

Hotel SignHotel Sign

Hotel.Hotel.

Hotel de Ville, MontrealHotel de Ville, Montreal

Hotel de Ville (City Hall)Hotel de Ville (City Hall)

Recommend a nice hotel/spa

by hockeymom1

I want to surprise my husband with an anniversary trip to Montreal. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel/spa in Old Montreal? Also, any tips on romantic restaurants (any type of food)?

Re: Recommend a nice hotel/spa

by Karlie85

Le Nil Bleu is a fantastic, romantic Ethiopian restaurant at 3706, rue Saint-Denis. Delicious food, fabulous service, great atmosphere. I wish I lived in Montreal so I could go there all the time! I stayed at the hotel attached (Hotel Katuma) on my honeymoon, and the hotel and restaurant were perfect.

Hotel Toronto - Montreal - Quebec

by Smatte

Hi, I am planning a trip to Canada this summer - we are going to Toronto, Montreal and Quebec. I am trying to put together a budget, and was wondering if someone could tell me approx. how much a double room in a decent hotel in an ok location (city centre) would be? The thing is, we need wireless internet (preferably included in the room price, not pay-per-hour) and cable tv with major sports networks (for work reasons!)

(and if you've got any hotel suggestions that would be great, too!:)

Thank you!

by Pomerol

You will need to give us a bit more detail here. When are you coming? What is your budget? As a word of caution, you should know that many major hotels do not offer wireless internet anymore in Canada (they offer cable internet) because of security issues with government employees. However, you can bring your own little router to be wireless in your room. For a 3-4 star hotel, you can expect to pay around 160-200$. You should book way ahead of time in Quebec City because it is celebrating its 400th anniversary this year and the city is bustling with activities.

If you give me a bit more info, I can recommend specific hotels, namely in Montreal and Quebec City.

by Smatte

Thank you! We'll be there in late July - early August. Our budget is...what it takes to get what we need, really. But cheap is of course good :) (We definitely don't need a fancy hotel, but we do need cable tv (sports networks) and internet, and we'd also like hotels in good (central) locations - so I guess that rules out the cheaper hotels:)

I had no idea about the Quebec anniversary, so thanks! Is it advisable to book hotels ahead (more than, say, a week ahead) in the other cities too, or is it generally not that difficult to find somewhere to stay?

by Pomerol

Ok here is a couple of suggestions for you. I would not recommmend booking a week ahead if you are looking for a good deal in a good location. You could probably always find a room in the major hotels (Hilton, Delta, Fairmont) but you will pay through the nose.

Here is a favorite in Quebec City that has everything you are looking for including wireless internet plus breakfast included. All hotel rooms have cable TV. They quoted their rooms at 199 a few minutes ago but you'll love it; www.hotellepriori.com/

This one in Montreal also has what you are looking for and is walking distance to downtown and Old Montreal;

The next one is also very good value for money and the rooms are very spacious and even have a kitchenette. They don't have wireless but they will give you a cable for free and breakfast is also included.

www.squarephillips.com/

As for Toronto, I 've only stayed in the usual ones such as the Royal York and the Hilton so you may want better tips than that.

Ottawa hotel help

by midatlanticmom3

I am feeling really confident on booking my hotels for our family trip to Canada EXCEPT...in Ottawa. I would love to hear more from members who have traveled with children or perhaps believe they can give sound advice based on parenting experience & traveling with children on which hotels to look at while in Ottawa. I have seen that this site has high marks for a no frills but clean Holiday inn express near the airport but then I look at the beautiful and more upscale hotels located in the heart of downtown but have a lot more negatives to them from people. I worry about if we pick one outside of the major areas that we have to deal with parking and or traffic or do we pick one in the city with not so great reviews but walk to all the places we want to visit.

Please....please I welcome any and all help!

Thank you!!!

Midatlanticmom :-)

Re: Ottawa hotel help

by chrisbilal

I just got back from Ottawa this weekend and stayed at the Courtyard Marriot.

It was 70 USD a night from priceline.

The big advantage was the perfect location - it is directly in the middle of everything. Nights were a big noisy, but it is near an Indian restraunt I really enjoy.

As I took the train, I didn't park, but I know parking is available as they asked if I needed it when I checked in.

For kids I know it has a pool, but unfortunately I don't have kids and am ignorant about what to look for.

Re: Ottawa hotel help

by Jefie

I'd definitely recommend staying downtown, there are several attractions in Ottawa located within walking distance and I think you'd get more out of your visit by staying around the Capital Hill/By Market area. One thing you have to keep in mind when reading reviews is that if people are paying good money for a hotel, they are more likely to be disappointed if something isn't to their liking, hence the negative reviews for nice hotels downtown. Hope this helps!

Comments